Would be so Nice!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Would be so Nice!!
POLL: LHW Tourney a good Idea
hell yeah best i've heard 50% (12)
horrible idea 17% (4)
sounds okay but to dangerous 17% (4)
ehh? 17% (4)
Irish209
9/23/07 5:27:52AM
I think the way the LHW Div. is right now,they should have an old school tourney. lidell.wandy,hendo,tito,machida,houston,griffin,jardine and evans..winner fights rampage!!! tell me you wouldnt order that show!! i dare you!

know i know they couldnt do it in the U.S and i know theres no freakin way there going to do this..but you have to admit it would sort everything out in 1 night
mkiv9secsupra
9/23/07 8:27:12AM
i wish Dana would take his head out of his ass and take a show to Japan! Millions of mma fans and a different rule set. A Japan show could make lots of fans wishes come true with a lhw tourney but it probly never happen....
Kastro
9/23/07 12:15:43PM
I think this would be a great idea... too bad Pride is gone and we cant see stuff like this anymore.
nickcuc547
9/23/07 12:17:36PM
it would be insane and any one of about 12-13 fighters have a shot at winning, but unfortunately i dont see it happening.
OchoCinco
9/23/07 12:40:33PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i wish Dana would take his head out of his ass and take a show to Japan! Millions of mma fans and a different rule set. A Japan show could make lots of fans wishes come true with a lhw tourney but it probly never happen....

You don't go to Japan and change the rule set. The UFC has there rules and thats what they fight under. If they went to Japan and changed there rules for a tournament it wouldn't be a UFC tournament it would be a Pride tournament. It would be cool to see a tournament like that in Japan but under UFC rules. You just don't go changin the rules all of a sudden, especially to see who gets a title shot.
Southpaw82
9/23/07 1:13:53PM
God yes, all unbelievable matchups, questions answered, and old school action all night. I'd pay all kinds of dead presidents for that one......but yeah, it'll never happen.
Linye
9/23/07 2:24:49PM
They can do a tournament but there's no need to fight more than once in one event.

hype 2 fights from the tournament in each event and then have the final match in a main event.

cmill21
9/23/07 2:37:07PM
This is something they should look at and eventually do. I know I would. I hope K-1 signs all the remaining stars, and they have a UFC vs. K-1 tourney with my div's.
hook_tothe_body
9/23/07 2:53:49PM

Posted by Linye

They can do a tournament but there's no need to fight more than once in one event.

I agree. A tournament would be such a good idea. Even though TUF kind of is a tournament style type deal, it's not the same as PRIDE used to do. The Grand Prix wasn't a reality T.V. show. It was a tournament where their already big name stars would fight to get int othe tournament, and the fights would be held on PPV's.

I think if the UFC did something like this we would see some awesome fights, if the purse for winning the tournament was huge, and/or the winner gets to fight the champion.

But I also agree with Linye about the no need to fight twice in a night. If they did it they should spread the fights out a little bit.