NHL 09 Xbox 360

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NHL 09 Xbox 360
iwannabesedated
11/2/08 6:02:41PM
Anyone have it..I just bought it yesterday.I havent played a hockey game in a few years not sure why .I suck pretty bad for now.I was lookin thru the achievement list and a lot of them are online based team ones with your created superstars.So i guess im just wondering if anyone on here would be interested in creating a team or something sometime in the future when i dont suck.My buddy should be picking it up too...Im not sure how it all works as im mostly online after work around 11PM East Coast Time so if anyone is up around that time.Got a new modem so my live hasnt been dropping like it was in the past.
Wallass
11/2/08 6:10:26PM
I dont have online but if I did i`d be in. AWESOME friggin game. Try be a pro, create ur own guy and work on to your favorite team. Ur signed for one year but depending on how you play you may have lots of teams trying to sign you longterm or short term. I used to be in to the Dynasty portion of this game but not since Be A Pro. Just make sure you choose a position you like. Other then that enjoy man.
iwannabesedated
11/2/08 6:14:51PM
Yeah i havent played it too much yet but im sure ill get my time in..I think i'll make a nice fit playing the wing on a line with Crosby or Malkin... since im a homer and would like to be on the Pens.They can sign me with a hometown discount..
nastshabast
11/2/08 6:17:24PM
If i get the online rippin I'm down. I'll let ya know.
nastshabast
11/2/08 6:18:36PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Yeah i havent played it too much yet but im sure ill get my time in..I think i'll make a nice fit playing the wing on a line with Crosby or Malkin... since im a homer and would like to be on the Pens.They can sign me with a hometown discount..

Ya, I'm a winger on the Toews-Kane line in Chicago.
iwannabesedated
11/2/08 6:18:46PM
I think you can have up to like 15 People on a team controlling your players..so we can have one helluva mmaplayground team.
RampageOwnedYou
11/2/08 7:46:49PM
actually its 12 at max you can play at one time.

I got it, and its fun.

Not as horrible as 2k's servers.

You got me on your friends list, send me a game invite.
im down.
iwannabesedated
11/2/08 8:23:28PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

I got it, and its fun.

im down.

Hmm,Cause i seen this achievement

As the lead NHL® 09 Profile be part of an online team with 15 players.

But it doesnt say at one time.soo not sure how that works.YOu can have 15 human players on a team but can only have 12 human players play in one game?
DJDark41
11/2/08 8:49:41PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I got it, and its fun.

im down.

Hmm,Cause i seen this achievement

As the lead NHL® 09 Profile be part of an online team with 15 players.

But it doesnt say at one time.soo not sure how that works.YOu can have 15 human players on a team but can only have 12 human players play in one game?

Your team can have as many people as you want, but you can only have 6 people playing in one game at a time(3 forwards, 2 defenseman, 1 goalie). So, if you have a team with 18 people, you can have 3 full games going at the same time.

If you guys start a team, send me a message at DJDark041. I can score, pretty much on demand, but I'm a very solid defensive d-man, so whatever spot needs to be filled I can step in. And, if anyone is up for a game, go to Play A Friend and send me an invite.
RampageOwnedYou
11/2/08 8:56:51PM
yeah its called a club game.

I think its more than 15 but i may be wrong.

Its alot of fun, once you get to know your teammates style.
iwannabesedated
11/2/08 9:26:31PM
I need to play a lot more before i try to start anything or play anyone..i need to get used to the control..especially shooting with the right stick...it seems easier to score and shoot going up for some reason...but eventually i'll get it down.
RampageOwnedYou
11/2/08 9:32:57PM
Its not easy......when you do the team play..or go online...most i see is 3 goals if lucky...

from what i hear, there is a wrist glitch, so watch out for those guys. I ve seen a few of them....
DJDark41
11/3/08 3:50:26PM

Its not easy......when you do the team play..or go online...most i see is 3 goals if lucky...

from what i hear, there is a wrist glitch, so watch out for those guys. I ve seen a few of them....

Yeah, its pretty easy to score like that and ALOT of people do it, but as long as your not brain-dead, you can stop it by just stopping them before they get to the "sweet spot." They don't ever mix up how they do it, its just straight down the boards, cut to the middle and fire it. But, there is a patch coming out soon that will make that shot practically useless, so you don't have to worry much.

If anyone wants to play, message me at DJDark041, and I could probably help some of you guys out with your offense and such.
Boo_Radley21
11/3/08 4:17:55PM
I'm down for a team game haha. INGVE MOUMSTEEN is my tag