NHL trade deadline

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NHL trade deadline
Boo_Radley21
3/2/09 9:53:42PM
Alright guys the trade deadline is coming up. Use this thread to post updates on trades your team is making or just big trades. Jersey traded Salmela to Atlanta for Havelid but that's it so far. They usually don't do anything huge on deadline day, so I'm not expecting much this year either.
Wallass
3/3/09 3:04:13PM
Avery is back with the Rangers. Maybe this is exactly what both the rangers and Avery need. We will see how it turns out.
DCRage
3/4/09 12:29:29PM
2 1/2 to trade deadline, here's the deals so far:
Trade: Colorado sends Jordan Leopold to Calgary for Lawrence Nycholat, Ryan Wilson and a 2nd round pick that was Montreal's. Puck Daddy gives the trade 2 Mike Milburys.

Ottawa signs Filip Kuba to a 3-year extension. terms not disclosed.

Waivers: These players were claimed at Noon after going on waivers yesterday according to TSN:
Martin Gerber by Toronto from Ottawa
Eric Reitz by Toronto from Rangers
Brendan Morrison by Dallas from Anaheim
Craig Adams by Chicago from Pittsburgh
Clearing waivers: Gary Roberts, Aaron Voros and Miroslav Satan

On Gerber claim: It's because of Vesa Toskala. According to TSN, lingering groin and hip problems may need surgery. In all likelihood, done.

Trade: Phoenix sends Mikael Tellqvist to Buffalo for a 4th round pick. He'll battle Patrick Lalime for the #1 goalie spot while helping Buffalo shore up goalie concerns because of a potential long-term ankle injury suffered by Ryan Miller.

Signed: Tim Connolly by Buffalo to a 2-year extension for $9 million.
DCRage
3/4/09 1:01:55PM
BOOM. The big one just happened: Olli Jokinen and a 3rd round pick from Phoenix to Calgary for Matthew Lombardi, Brandon Prust and a first-round pick either this year or next year (Calgary's choice, to be determined by June 1).

Mark Recchi to Boston for 2 no-names.

Bill Guerin to Pittsburgh for a draft pick depending on how Pittsburgh finishes. No playoffs-5th round pick. Playoffs-4th round pick. Win Cup-3rd round pick.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/4/09 4:15:58PM
L.A just traded Patrick O'Sullivan to Carolina for Justin Williams...then right after Carolina trades O'Sullivan to Edmonton to re-acquire Erik Cole.

On a side note i also just noticed that Nik Antropov has left Toronto heading to New-York (Rangers) for a 2nd round pick and conditional pick.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/4/09 4:26:40PM
another semi big trade just happened :

Tampa Bay trades away Olaf Kolzig, Jamie Heward, Andy Rogers and a 4th round pick to Toronto in return of Defensman Richard Petiot

DCRage
3/4/09 5:27:40PM
I bet Olie The Goalie wishes he didn't leave Washington like he did. I think the Caps did fine by not making any moves despite word today that Ovechkin had to leave practice after taking a slap shot off his foot. Doesn't appear to be serious. Boston & Pittsburgh to me are the early big winners.
Hendo67
3/5/09 2:24:04PM
The Deadline this year was a snoozer, I was anticipating Bouwmeester, Kaberle, Gaborik and a few others to leave, but they didn't.
The whole Calgary trade is aggrivating me, especially because most of the Calgary fans think that Jokinen is the next Lanny Mac.
Jokinen is definately a decent player, but not as great as everyone is making it out to be.

As a Bruin fan, i was rather happy with what we picked up...i like Recchi, and i always have...I'm not sure where he will play though? probably beside Bergeron on the 3rd line. I'm not so sure about Montador, he's rugged as hell...but Boston needed a puck moving D-man, which he is not.

This is what it will look like for the Bruins, i'm guessing...

Lucic - Savard - Kessel
Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder
Kobasew - Bergeron - Recchi
Thornton - Yelle - Axlesson
Bitz will be scratched, i'm guessing

then on D.

Chara - Ward
Wideman - Stuart
Montador - Ference

(i guess Montador can play by Ference considering they played in Calgary during their cup run)

ALSO, huge what the heck@Toronto's last trade, how does aquiring Kolzig do anything?

Gerber
Joseph
Pogge
Kolzig
Toskala (injured)

???
Boo_Radley21
3/5/09 2:47:21PM

Posted by Hendo67

ALSO, huge what the heck@Toronto's last trade, how does aquiring Kolzig do anything?

Gerber
Joseph
Pogge
Kolzig
Toskala (injured)

???

Leading up to the deadline there was so much talk about how Burke was gonna make all these deals to start to rebuild the team and all that. But the best they did was Kolzig and Gerber.