NFL Regular Season Kickoff Redskins Vs. Giants

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NFL Regular Season Kickoff Redskins Vs. Giants
Bowen50
9/4/08 10:41:20PM
The Giants came out looking very impressive in the first quarter. Eli led the team down the field and they got in the endzone. after that drive they just couldn't get the offense going again. whenever they got into redskins territory it was like they'd just shut down. the defense was ok. it seemed like they got exhausted towards the middle of the 3rd quarter and on when they let up most of their rushing yards. they let up 83 rushing yards on 23 carries to Portis. i think they let up too many runs that went for 10 or more yards. also justin tuck filled in well for strahan in his first start. kiwanuka did a great job stopping the run. Jacobs played very well. he trucked laron landry so hard i thought landry was done. Eli was ok. he made a few porr decisions that could have possibly been picked off, which one of them was. his compleation percentage wasn't great but he had over 200 yards and him and Burress had a great rhythm down. all i have to say about the redskins is they need more production from Campbell, it would also help if the offensive line could give him a little bit more time in the pocket.
DiabloFreak56
9/4/08 10:44:50PM

Posted by Bowen50

The Giants came out looking very impressive in the first quarter. Eli led the team down the field and they got in the endzone. after that drive they just couldn't get the offense going again. whenever they got into redskins territory it was like they'd just shut down. the defense was ok. it seemed like they got exhausted towards the middle of the 3rd quarter and on when they let up most of their rushing yards. they let up 83 rushing yards on 23 carries to Portis. i think they let up too many runs that went for 10 or more yards. also justin tuck filled in well for strahan in his first start. kiwanuka did a great job stopping the run. Jacobs played very well. he trucked laron landry so hard i thought landry was done. Eli was ok. he made a few porr decisions that could have possibly been picked off, which one of them was. his compleation percentage wasn't great but he had over 200 yards and him and Burress had a great rhythm down. all i have to say about the redskins is they need more production from Campbell, it would also help if the offensive line could give him a little bit more time in the pocket.

i agree with everything you said i really would like to see eli make better decisions with the ball he could have had 4-5 picks instead of one. and he needs to stop looking directly at burress the redskins eventually caught on in my opinion he needed to throw more than 2 balls to amani toomer.besides that i was very very happy with the defense. especially on the first play redskins had on the ball getting a sack. IMO i really do believe this defense can be very good. fred robbins is a BEAST
Twenty20Dollars
9/5/08 12:20:24AM
Kinda of a boring game after the giants first scored. The redskins did not look that good at all so im saying they only win like 5 games.

Plaxico looked really good and healthy, so he should have a very good season.

Im still trying to transition from MLB to NFL
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/5/08 1:37:39AM
redskins are garbage

thought giants D looked good but campbell is so inconsistent that u cant tell much by playin them....good 1st wk though for the ny football giants
Jshep714
9/5/08 1:48:37AM
Yea I thought the Giants were gonna blow the Redskins out after that first drive. Big Props to Burress for being on tonight( and im an Eagles fan). With that being said the Redskins offensive coordinator needs to be fired. Horrible play calling that entire game. 3rd and 22 so we pass the ball 4 yards in the flat. Besides the Giants first two drives it was a boring game.
Jackelope
9/5/08 1:55:31AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again- Eli is no (and never will be) Peyton Manning.

The main reason the Giants won last year is because of their defense.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/5/08 5:57:21AM
AHHHH yes, Football's finally back. God did I ever miss it. not a bad game to start off the season with too.
Mungooch
9/5/08 7:31:33AM
Whats that GO Seahawks
Bowen50
9/5/08 8:41:03AM

Posted by Jackelope

I've said it before and I'll say it again- Eli is no (and never will be) Peyton Manning.

The main reason the Giants won last year is because of their defense.

i agree he'll never be Peyton but he is still a great QB. the defense played a large role last year but this isn't the Chicago Bears. they didn't get to the super bowl and win only on the merits of their defense. Eli played outstanding the whole post season. the Giants have a very good offense. it was the first game of the season, Eli should turn it around especially against that Rams defense next weekend.
mkiv9secsupra
9/5/08 8:56:22AM
Did anyone else love seeing Brandon Jacobs just plow through LaRon Flanery last night? Jacobs was massive compared to him and tried that high tackle and got blasted.....loved it..........then after the first quarter it was almost a snooze fest.
emfleek
9/5/08 9:16:00AM
Boring game...
The_Ho_Bag
9/5/08 2:33:49PM
WAR giants =)