NFL Playoffs, who wins?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NFL Playoffs, who wins?
Twenty20Dollars
12/29/08 12:59:41PM
NFC Wild Card
6.Eagles vs 3.Vikings=Eagles//////////////5.Falcons vs 4.Cardinals=Falcons

(Highest winning seed faces #2, lowest winning seed faces #1)
NFC Divisional
6.Eagles vs 1.Giants=Eagles//////////////5.Falcons vs 2.Panthers=Panthers

Conference Championship
6.Eagles vs 2.Panthers=Panthers win NFC

AFC Wild Card
5.Colts vs 4.Chargers=Colts//////////////////6.Ravens vs 3.Dolphins=Ravens

(Highest winning seed faces #2, lowest winning seed faces #1)
AFC Divisional
5.Colts vs 2.Steelers=Colts//////////////////////6.Ravens vs 1.Titans=Ravens

Conference Championship
6.Ravens vs 5.Colts=Colts win the AFC

Superbowl
5.Colts vs 2.Panthers=Panthers 34 Colts 28
SpiderSilva
12/29/08 1:01:31PM
voodoo-jitsu
12/29/08 1:19:13PM
im wanting to see the manningbowl

colts vs. giants

and the colts winning
MikeyG
12/29/08 1:24:09PM
hopefully any but the colts or giants, i dont like the mannings

lets get a new team in the super bowl club like the vikings (there overdue) panthers, cardinals, falcons or titans.

im sick of great franchises always winning, steelers in the 70s, 9ers in the 80s, boys in the 90s, pats in the 00's im sick of that crap and am glad other teams are winning these days
The_Metal_Maniac
12/29/08 1:28:41PM
Pittsburgh vs. Carolina- Steelers first to six rings.
emfleek
12/29/08 1:43:00PM

Posted by MikeyG

vikings (there overdue)

Overdue? I disagree. To me, that implies that they've been good for a while, yet, always fall short.

They suck and with the exception of Adrian Peterson, they're boring as hell to watch. I'd rather watch a giant turd roll downhill.

I can't argue with the Falcons...I'm pulling for Matt Ryan and I like Michael Turner quite a bit. Panthers...meh. I'm pretty impartial. Same with the other teams.

If the Colts don't make it out of the AFC, I'll be pulling for Tennessee. Jeff Fisher is a great coach and he definitely deserves a shot at a ring.
MikeyG
12/29/08 2:27:40PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by MikeyG

vikings (there overdue)

Overdue? I disagree. To me, that implies that they've been good for a while, yet, always fall short.

They suck and with the exception of Adrian Peterson, they're boring as hell to watch. I'd rather watch a giant turd roll downhill.

I can't argue with the Falcons...I'm pulling for Matt Ryan and I like Michael Turner quite a bit. Panthers...meh. I'm pretty impartial. Same with the other teams.

If the Colts don't make it out of the AFC, I'll be pulling for Tennessee. Jeff Fisher is a great coach and he definitely deserves a shot at a ring.

they have gone to the super bowl the most times without ever winning, overdue is an understatement not because i imply there good
Wolfenstein
12/29/08 2:40:43PM
Since the Pat's are out, I'll be rooting for the Cardinals. Even though they're a long shot I'd like to see Kurt get another crack at the SB. I also wouldn't mind seeing my boy Matt Ryan lead the Falcons to an improbable Super Bowl (did anyone think the Falcons had a shot in hell?).

I couldn't disagree more regarding the Vikings, jst because to me Adrian Peterson is the most exciting player to watch in football. If the could get a decent QB they have a lot of promising young receivers like Sidney Rice. They're probably out of the Matthew Stafford and Sam Bradford sweepstakes barring an epic trade to move up in the 09' draft. It's unlikely Josh Freeman will come out this year but if he does his talent might be enough to earn a look in the late first round by the Vikes.

emfleek
12/29/08 2:43:20PM

Posted by MikeyG

they have gone to the super bowl the most times without ever winning, overdue is an understatement not because i imply there good

Well, if they *are* overdue, I'd rather they wait until they don't suck to finally win a Superbowl.
MikeyG
12/29/08 2:46:23PM
the bills are probably just as overdue losing 4 bowls in a row lol
higdon10
12/29/08 3:27:55PM
Colts 27 Panthers 21
TheCatFather
12/29/08 3:38:59PM
Giants vs. B-more (rematch)

Giants win
RampageOwnedYou
12/29/08 3:46:27PM
SuperBowl will be

Giants and Tennessee

Giants Win 21-17

Eli Manning back to back SuperBowl Mvp's
roadking95th
12/29/08 9:43:25PM
PHI vs Minn....Philly
ATL vs ARI....ATL

PHI vs NYG....NYG
ATL vs CAR....CAR

CAR vs NYG...NYG

BAL vs MIA....MIA
SD vs IND....IND

MIA vs PIT...MIA, I wish, PIT
IND vs TENN...IND

IND vs PIT...PIT

PIT vs NYG...

PIT, especially if they have the same refs as they did a couple of years ago.
Pitbull09
12/30/08 1:00:50AM
Its so hard to pick the playoffs this year cause there are so many teams with a strong rushing game and solid defense. If you ask me, the superbowl will be Panthers v. Colts (though I hope Chargers beat them) or Panthers v. Steelers if their offense can learn to not turnover the ball.

I'll only do this week
AFC
Chargers v. Colts
Chargers- This is only cause I am a diehard fan who has had hope even when they were 4-8. They have beat the Colts the past 3 out of 4 times and one game was in the playoffs last year.

Ravens vs. Dolphins
Dolphins- Bill Parcels makes great football teams and they will get one play-off win before ending a historic season. Should be a good close game too.

NFC
Falcons v. Cardinals
Falcons- Michael Turner did great last year in the playoffs and I think the Cardinals are to incosistent to survive. Falcons will win by at least 7 points.

Vikings v. Eagles- Hardest game to chose. The eagles have a lot of experience in the playoffs and can't be underestimated with the momentum they had at the end of the season. I also want AP to do well as he is a great RB. In the end, I think the eagles have more weapons and if McNabb doesnt has just a decent game, the Eagles should advance to the next round.

I love the NFL
Pitbull09
12/30/08 1:04:51AM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

Pittsburgh vs. Carolina- Steelers first to six rings.

That be nice, especially knowing the Cowboys won't be able to for at least another year.
Twenty20Dollars
12/30/08 1:49:05PM
Yeah no Cowboys or Patriots!
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/3/09 4:32:03PM
Well for this weekend I see it going like this... ill post again for next week's matchups.

Atlanta at Arizona ( will be rooting for the cards though )

Indianapolis at San Diego

Baltimore at Miami

Philadelphia at Minnesota
Pitbull09
1/4/09 1:22:17AM
Chargers won!!! Hells yea. I swear you guys, the Chargers have th Colts number. 4 of the last 5 games they beat them, two being playoffs. I am hoping Baltimore wins now cause I want Chargers to play Tenessee. I am still a Steelers fan and would want them to play each other and also I think its a easier game for them.
higdon10
1/4/09 1:43:39PM
Well... My Colts went down last night. Oh well, we got ours a few years ago. The playoff losses dont hurt as much after you have won one.
Wolfenstein
1/5/09 5:53:57PM
So far it's working out the way I want. Arizona won, and one of the Mannings are out. I've bet a few bucks on the Steelers to take it all though, and I was able to get them at +550 so I think those are pretty solid odds for the Steelers who I think have more like a 1 in 3 chance.
hippysmacker
1/5/09 7:14:03PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

SuperBowl will be

Giants and Tennessee

Giants Win 21-17

I think these teams and score are agreeable to me , but I think it more likely Brandon Jacobs will be the MVP this time.
Shawn91111
1/5/09 7:26:20PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

SuperBowl will be

Giants and Tennessee

Giants Win 21-17

I think these teams and score are agreeable to me , but I think it more likely Brandon Jacobs will be the MVP this time.

If he can stay healthy, getting the bye week helped big time to rest his nagging ankle and knee. When healthy, its hard to beat the 1-2 punch of him bulldozing and Ward sprinting past the defense. That being said they really do miss Plaxico at times.