NFL Playoffs: My Predictions

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NFL Playoffs: My Predictions
Next Page »
Twenty20Dollars
12/31/07 12:55:51PM
Wildcard
Redskins vs Seahawks: I think I am going to take the redskins, they have alot of energy winning 4 straight. Todd Collins not making many mistakes, Portis is running good. Seahawks arent looking too consistant at this point. 24-20 redskins

Jaguars vs Steelers: I've got to take the Jag's. Already beat the steelers at home, steelers are banged up not looking good at this point to go deep in the playoffs where Jag's look like they could take it all. Jags can run, pass, play defense and mistake free. 27-13 Jag's

Giants vs Buccaneers: Wow Giants got all my respect for playing all out for the pat's and should have won that game. Eli looked on fire, brandon can run, plaxico can catch. I think the Bucs resting for like 2-3 weeks will back fire on them, giants defense will dominate bucs offense. 23-7 Giants

Titans vs Chargers: Chargers already beat the titans, Titans only put up 16 points on a second string colts team. Chargers are dangerous, LT's gonna run like crazy, their defense is going to dominate any titan offense. 31-6 Chargers

Divisional Playoffs
AFC
Lowest Remaining AFC Seed at New England

Jaguars vs Patriots: I think Jaguars are the one of the two teams to go into NE and beat the pats, they can run, pass and play solid defense, it will be a close hard hitting game. 24-20 Jags!

Highest Remaining AFC Seed at Indy

Chargers vs Colts: Colts beat the colts earlier, but I dont see that happening again at Indy. Colts have more offense, but I wouldnt be suprised if the chargers took it. 28-17 colts

NFC
Lowest Remaining NFC Seed At Dallas

Redskins vs Dallas: the rubber match, dallas not playing so good and redskins on fire! First game was close but dallas won. I've gotta say I like redskins to take this one. 23-21 Redskins

Highest Remaining NFC at Green Bay

Giants vs Packers: Giants good on the road, Packers good at home. Im a brett farve fan. I think the packers can shut down plaxico and stop running game. Already beat the giants 35-13, Then the packers we all know can pass and now can run. A stomping 34-17 Packers.

AFC Championship
Jaguars vs Colts: The third match up at Indy. Jags are taking this one, it'll be close lost 25 to 28 at indy the second game. Jags win this one with running game. 24-23 Jags

NFC Championship
Redskins vs Packers: Close game the first time 17-14 packers. At Green Bay I see a different story, no offense for redskins this time. Green bay runs over them. 33-16 Packs

Superbowl
Jags vs Packers: Oh man this would be a crazy match up. I think either team could take this. I think packers have better passing game, jags better running, defense's are both pretty solid. Packers win close 20-17
babalu2720
12/31/07 1:06:29PM
MODS delete this post....jk jk

As a Pats fan I can not see anyone beating us, but you are right the Jags style is the style to beat us. Tough, physical defense that could get in Brady's face, dual rb run game, a mistake free qb, but NE would turn this game into a shootout and Garrard could not keep up, then NE beats Indy....again....where we already beat the Cowboys.....sorry guys no way we don't win the Super Bowl after gooing 16-0, Belichick will not let it happen
tuvok500
12/31/07 1:38:12PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Wildcard
Redskins vs Seahawks: I think I am going to take the redskins, they have alot of energy winning 4 straight. Todd Collins not making many mistakes, Portis is running good. Seahawks arent looking too consistant at this point. 24-20 redskins

Jaguars vs Steelers: I've got to take the Jag's. Already beat the steelers at home, steelers are banged up not looking good at this point to go deep in the playoffs where Jag's look like they could take it all. Jags can run, pass, play defense and mistake free. 27-13 Jag's

Giants vs Buccaneers: Wow Giants got all my respect for playing all out for the pat's and should have won that game. Eli looked on fire, brandon can run, plaxico can catch. I think the Bucs resting for like 2-3 weeks will back fire on them, giants defense will dominate bucs offense. 23-7 Giants

Titans vs Chargers: Chargers already beat the titans, Titans only put up 16 points on a second string colts team. Chargers are dangerous, LT's gonna run like crazy, their defense is going to dominate any titan offense. 31-6 Chargers

Divisional Playoffs
AFC

Jaguars vs Patriots: I think Jaguars are the one of the two teams to go into NE and beat the pats, they can run, pass and play solid defense, it will be a close hard hitting game. 24-20 Jags!

Chargers vs Colts: Colts beat the colts earlier, but I dont see that happening again at Indy. Colts have more offense, but I wouldnt be suprised if the chargers took it. 28-17 colts

NFC

Redskins vs Dallas: the rubber match, dallas not playing so good and redskins on fire! First game was close but dallas won. I've gotta say I like redskins to take this one. 23-21 Redskins

Giants vs Packers: Giants good on the road, Packers good at home. Im a brett farve fan. I think the packers can shut down plaxico and stop running game. Already beat the giants 35-13, Then the packers we all know can pass and now can run. A stomping 34-17 Packers.

AFC Championship
Jaguars vs Colts: The third match up at Indy. Jags are taking this one, it'll be close lost 25 to 28 at indy the second game. Jags win this one with running game. 24-23 Jags

NFC Championship
Redskins vs Packers: Close game the first time 17-14 packers. At Green Bay I see a different story, no offense for redskins this time. Green bay runs over them. 33-16 Packs

Superbowl
Jags vs Packers: Oh man this would be a crazy match up. I think either team could take this. I think packers have better passing game, jags better running, defense's are both pretty solid. Packers win close 20-17

This is the most inacurate playoff prediction ever !!

Pats all the ways !!
pv3Hpv3p
12/31/07 2:01:25PM
Wildcard
Redskins vs Seahawks: Two ways I look at this game RB vs RB... Portis is coming off an immpressive win and a few immpressive preformances, while it looks like Alexander is unfortunately on his way out...Advantage Skins QB vs QB... Hasselback has had an amazing year and doesn't get the respect that he deserves, while who really knows if Collins can keep up his steady play? Advantage Seakittens... The x-factor is going to be Washington's emotional season and they'll take this W if nothing, than for #21

Jaguars vs Steelers: Garrard's inexperience and Fred Taylor's age will show in this game... There's not a chance that the Jags beat the Steelers again, NO WAY

Giants vs Buccaneers: The Bucs will win this, only because Jeff Garcia will be the only player to eliminate the Giants from the post season while playing for 3 different teams... Garcia's got their # plain and simple...

Titans vs Chargers: Nice to see the Titans make the playoffs, but I don't see anyway they can beat the Chargers... LT's playing, well he's playing like only LT can and that will be all the difference they need to win this game... No worries the Titans are a young team and are only going to get better in the tough as nails AFC

Divisional Playoffs
AFC

Steelers vs Patriots: I'd like to say that Pittsburgh can come in and win this game, but I don't see anyone beating the Pats this year unless it's the Colts.

Chargers vs Colts: this should be one of the best playoff games of the year, but I don't see the Chargers being able to contain the Colts high powered offense, especially if Marvelous Marvin's back... Colts take this all the way

NFC

Redskins vs Dallas: I have to agree with the TS's anititial toughts on this one... Dallas, while winning, has looked pretty bad in their last couple of games and the Skins are on an emotional high from the winning streak and keeping it alive for #21... Skins take this in a defensive / run it down your throat battle...

Bucs vs Packers: TB plays and practices in sunny Florida and they have to come up to their old divisional foes in the frozen tundra of Lambo Field... Sorry guys, nice run... But Favre and the Pack by whatever they want...

AFC Championship
Colts vs Pats: Peyton finally got the monkey off his back and won the big one... This is going to be a battle, but something tells me that the colts can pull it off... High scoring affair, but Indy doesn't let them come back like in their earlier encounter... Colts returning to the superbowl, best give the defending champs their respect!

NFC Championship
Redskins vs Packers: Skin's play outdoors in DC, so I don't think weather is going to be as big of an issue here... Portis will have a MONSTER game, but it's all going to hang on if the O-line can stave off the packer's passrush and if Collins can keep his game mistake free... I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Skins will eke by on the shoulders of C-Port

Superbowl
Colts vs Skins: the Colts are the superior team... But the stars have aligned and this is the year that the Skins will take it all the way... My guess is the Skin's take it at the last second by turnover for 6
emfleek
12/31/07 2:10:37PM
Be right back. I'm going to get my boots.

The shit's getting super deep in here.
tuvok500
12/31/07 2:35:21PM
I will do a real logic prediction because it seem that some peoples are not really following the NFL !!

AFC wildcard

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh = prediction Jacksonville winner

Tennesse at San diego = prediction San Diego winner

NFC wildcard

Washington at Seattle = prediction Seattle winner

NY Giants at Tampa Bay = prediction Tampa Bay winner

AFC divisional playoff

Jacsonville at New England = prediction New England winner

San diego at Indianapolis = prediction San Diego winner

NFC divisional playoff

Tampa Bay at Dallas = prediction Dallas winner

Seattle at Green Bay = prediction Green Bay winner

AFC conference championship

San diego at New England = prediction New England winner

NFC conference championship

Green Bay at Dallas = prediction Green Bay winner

Superbowl

Green Bay against New England = prediction New England winner !!

Mark my words !! lol

puppetmaster837
12/31/07 2:48:44PM
I really don't see the Jaguars beating the Patriots and the Colts in the playoffs. The Jaguars are ranked lower in both offense and defense in every category except for rushing yards on offense.
rameydl8
12/31/07 3:53:54PM

Posted by tuvok500

Wildcard

Divisional Playoffs
AFC

NFC

AFC Championship

NFC Championship

Superbowl

This is the most inacurate playoff prediction ever !!

Pats all the ways !!

im sayin as a packers...its the best prediction ever
iwannabesedated
12/31/07 4:41:38PM
Here we go Steelers Here we go...

Yeah i know they got a tough road ahead but hey i'm still believing.Atleast for another week.

Honestly,If Jax Gets past the steelers i think they have a good shot at taking out the Pats.They can run the ball,Play solid D and they have a QB who doesnt make many mistakes.Their kinda like a Mirror Image of the Steelers same style like to pound the ball and have a better duo at RB than Pittsburgh.I dont understand some teams gameplan against the Pats..YOU GOTTA PLAY THE PASS FIRST!!!! watch Welker in the slot and hope to hell you can get pressure on Brady maybe with some unqiue blitzes..

PS for the love of god do not cover Welker with a LB......
Pitbull09
1/2/08 2:43:47PM
Wildcard
Redskins vs Seahawks: I dont see Redskins going far in the playoffs, Seahawks are just a better team in the end and will win it.
28-13 Seahawks

Jaguars vs Steelers: Steelers couldn't beat the Jags at home with Willie Parker, I doubt they can beat them now with only Davenport on their side for offense.
24-14 Jags

Giants vs Buccaneers: This is prob the hardest matchup in the wildcard for me. Buccaneers seem like the better team with their D-fense and Giants have lost their first playoff game 3 times in a row now. I would have to say it would be close but Giants pull of a field goal to win it unless the Bucs D is to much for Manning to handle.
17-14 Giants

Titans vs Chargers: Finally I get to see the Chargers in the playoffs again. Norv Turner had a shaky start but he managed to get the team back on track. LT is going to have trouble against Haynesworth but if they run to the outside and Philips has a good game, Chargers have it sealed.
24-10 Chargers

Divisional Playoffs
AFC

Jaguars vs Patriots: Jags probrually have the best chance of beating the Pats, but I doubt it will happen. If the Jags D-fense can't slow down their pass Offense then the Jags wont be able to use their weapons (Taylor and Jones Drew).
38-17 Pats

Chargers vs Colts: Chargers beat them last time but that was with a kick and punt return along with six interceptions, three by Cromartie. The colts will have a better gameplan this time but I think Chargers are a better team since last game.
24-21 Chargers

NFC

Giants vs Dallas: Dallas even at their worst won't loss to the Giants.
28-17 Cowboys

Seahawks vs Packers:- This will be a good game, I think the Seahawks could have an upset but Farve is a veteran in the playoffs and should make off with a win.
24-14 Packers

AFC Championship
Chargers vs Patriots: Finally, Chargers get their rematch but against a way better undefeated Patriots. I think Patriots will eventually lose and sadly enough it will be here.
28-24 Chargers

NFC Championship
Packers vs Cowboys: Farve wasnt playing like himself the last game and the Packers held with Rogers in. I think if T.O. is out, Packers will get the win.
24-21 Packers

Superbowl
Chargers vs Packers: Farve would be looking for his last shot prob at another superbowl against a young quarter back. LT is destined to the HoF eventually but a superbowl would just add to his accomplishments. As long as Rivers doesnt try to dictate the game and LT can overcome A..J. Hawk, Charles Woodson, and the rest of the Packers D-fense, Chargers take the win as I predicted at the beginning of the season.
31-14 Chargers

Some of those matchups are biased but it will prob go down that way. A lot of people prob laugh at the chance of Chargers going to the superbowl but they do have the best seed as they wouldn't have to play the Patriots until the AFC championship and also they are way better than the team that played the first 9 weeks of the season
zephead
1/2/08 5:03:30PM
Wild Card Games

Redskins vs. Seahawks: The Skins defense is playing to dominating right now. Seattle has no running game and a receiving corp that won't scare the Skins. The last time these 2 played in the playoffs, the Skins had a broken down Brunnel and one reciever (Moss). They were a dropped Carlos Rogers INT from winning. Washington is on a mission. Skins 24-10

Jags vs. Steelers: Jags will smack the Steelers in the mouth again. A two-headed monster in Taylor and Jones. The Jags receivers don't scare anyone, but Garrad is playing some great football, completing %64 of his passes with 18 TD and just 3 INTs. Jags 28 -10

G-Men vs. Bucs : The Bucs are #1 in the NFL against the pass. They had 16 INTs. They recorded 33 sacks as a team and put alot of pressure on the opposing QB. Eli tends to crumble when faced with pressure. This game is on Jacobs but I don't think he can do enough against the Bucs defense. 17-10 Bucs

Titans vs. LT... errr I mean Chargers: This is a interesting game. The Titans are a better rushing team then the Chargers and are better against the rush. They are ranked 26 (Chargers) and 27 (Titans) respectively in passing offense. But Vince Youngs numbers are horrible, 9 TD to 17 INT's. 21-10 Chargers.

Divisional Playoffs

Jags vs. Pats The Jags can't completely shut down the Pats and don't have enough offense to compete. The way you beat the Pats is by out scoring them. 31-10 Pats

Chargers vs. Colts It's in the Dome. Peyton won't throw 6 picks. The Colts are a better offensive team and a better defensive team. Phillip Rivers has proven nothing as a QB and still won't. (Except he can flap his jaws on the sidelines) 31-14 Colts

Redskins vs. Cowboys: Interesting game. Cowboys won in Dallas 28-23 on 2 Jason Campbell INT's in the waning minutes. Skins won at home in a dominating performance, holding Dallas to 1 yard rushing. Which game was the real game? Somewhere in between. Collins knows the offense inside out and the Skins are on a mission, while the Cowboys haven't looked to good. 24-17 Skins

Bucs vs. The Pack : Farve is on a roll. With Gant running it takes you back to the days of Dorsey Levens. To much Pack offense. 28-3 Pack

AFC Championship

Colts vs. Pats Probably the Super Bowl game. In New England, playing against a dome team, the Pats shouldn't have a problem. But this isn't just any old dome team, they're the defending Super Bowl Champs who can go toe-to-toe with the Pats. Home field decides this in the end. 24-21 Pats

NFC Championship

Redskins vs. The Pack Green Bay won the first meeting, 17-14, on a fumble recovery for a TD by Woodson. Moss was dropping passes like he owed Farve a victory. The Skins lost 3 O-Linemen that game. Different story this time. 28-17 Skins

Super Bowl

Skins vs. The Pats A chance for the first time in NFL history for a team to go 19-0. It'll happen. The Skins miracle run will get derailed by the Pats. To much Varble. 35-17 Pats.

Taylor8766
1/3/08 3:03:24PM
I agree with his prediction, in almost every way. There's no way the Pats are taking the Superbowl, the reason because they haven't experianced a loss, and there first loss will be in the playoffs, to the Jags.

GO JAGS GO
RampageOwnedYou
1/4/08 9:34:42AM
Wildcard
Redskins vs Seahawks: Seattle wins Seahawks 24 Redskins 20

Jaguars vs Steelers: Parker injury too big Jaguars 21 Pittsburgh 17

Giants vs Buccaneers: Gruden wont let them lose on homefield
Tampa Bay wins 17 Giants 13

Titans vs Chargers: Can you say homefield advantage Chargers 30 Titans 17

Divisional Playoffs
AFC

Jaguars vs Patriots: They were undefeated for a reason
PATRIOTS 28
Jags 17

Chargers vs Colts: Chargers suck on the road, and Peyton is solid at home
Colts 33
Chargers 28

NFC

Bucs vs Dallas: The Buc Stops here
Dallas 24
Tampa Bay 10

Seattle vs Packers: Something tells me this is the upset of the playoffs
I have seattle winning
Seattle 24
Packers 21

AFC Championship
Colts vs Patriots
Tough call but i got to go with the Pats
unless Harrison comes back, then I like New England
Patriots 27
Colts 24

NFC Championship
Seattle Vs Dallas
Romo just wont let it slip by him this time. No getting stopped at the 1 yard like back to back years to Seattle.
Dallas 30
Seattle 20

Superbowl
Dallas vs Patriots

I thought this would be the matchup from day 1 and I still like it.
I actually had a tough time deciding on who will win.
I must say though, i actually like Dallas to win. Owens and Romo will be a force. Roy Williams to get an INT late in the game to seal the deal.

COWBOYS WIN 28
PATRIOTS 24

Dallas Cowboys 2008 CHAMPS
Kracker_Jap
1/4/08 9:50:53AM
Seahawks will go all the way NFL superbowl champs

This is all that matters
Sinatra
1/4/08 12:52:41PM
Big Ben is going to LIGHT up the Jags.

Troy will be back anchoring the def down.

Davenport will beat them up.

Word = Born
LightsOut33093
1/4/08 10:28:38PM
no full playoff predictions from me just a a super bowl prediction
-pats beat packers 35-21
candynuts
1/4/08 10:40:37PM
I will use the same format as LightsOut

Superbowl

Patriots - WIN
Dallas - LOSE
DuncanFan819
1/5/08 5:42:29AM
AFC

Tennessee vs. San Diego: Bad play from Vince Young and a big game from LT makes this one a romp. Tennessee: 10 SD: 27

Jacksonville vs. Pittsburgh: With Willie Parker out, Pittsburgh's running game struggles. Gerrard goes mistake free and Fred Taylor goes for 120 and a pair of TDs. Pittsburgh hangs in there, but it isn't enough. Pittsburgh: 20 Jacksonville: 30

NFC

Washington vs. Seattle: I've told everyone that this will be a nailbiter. I think it might even come down to the final play. Washington: 20 Seattle: 24

New York Giants vs. Tampa Bay: I''m a huge Giants fan. With that said, I have a REALLY bad feeling about this game. I see Eli getting picked 2-3 times (although he looked great vs. NE). The running game won't be able to carry NY enough in this one. Tampa will score 10+ off points off turnovers. Tampa Bay: 23 New York: 17
Kracker_Jap
1/6/08 1:56:56PM
YES YES YES YES Seatle War Hawks

HA HA HA Arm Pits Stealer of the super bowl from the hawks

Go Hawks
iwannabesedated
1/6/08 2:45:59PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

YES YES YES YES Seatle War Hawks

HA HA HA Arm Pits Stealer of the super bowl from the hawks

Go Hawks

Are you Seattle fans still crying in your starbucks over super bowl 40 ? Its going on 3 years now.

Hats off to the Jags tho for a good game.Im just glad the steelers went out playing tough .Just was lame that 14 of Jags 21pts they had in the 1st half wasn't even from their offense really, They had the big kick return to the 2yd line and the interception for a td.That has to really piss a defense off when your playing good not giving up points and your special teams and QB kill it for you.I know Jax scored on Pitts D after the big kick return but thats not the D's fault they got golden field position.

Kracker_Jap
1/6/08 5:57:10PM
Yes if you lived up here you would feel our pain

I think our only champions were the Seatle Storm
iwannabesedated
1/6/08 7:22:18PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I can't even tell you what the seattle storm is.Is that a WNBA team im guessing ?

But i mean i dont see what justice it brings by calling them the Stealers.They didnt steal anything.The Refs didnt let Willie Parker have the longest run in super bowl history,The Refs didnt get burned on a gadget play.
Pitbull09
1/6/08 9:12:50PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Wildcard
Redskins vs Seahawks: I dont see Redskins going far in the playoffs, Seahawks are just a better team in the end and will win it.
28-13 Seahawks

Jaguars vs Steelers: Steelers couldn't beat the Jags at home with Willie Parker, I doubt they can beat them now with only Davenport on their side for offense.
24-14 Jags

Giants vs Buccaneers: This is prob the hardest matchup in the wildcard for me. Buccaneers seem like the better team with their D-fense and Giants have lost their first playoff game 3 times in a row now. I would have to say it would be close but Giants pull of a field goal to win it unless the Bucs D is to much for Manning to handle.
17-14 Giants

Titans vs Chargers: Finally I get to see the Chargers in the playoffs again. Norv Turner had a shaky start but he managed to get the team back on track. LT is going to have trouble against Haynesworth but if they run to the outside and Philips has a good game, Chargers have it sealed.
24-10 Chargers

Ha I got the Wildcard right!
Jags won 31-29
Chargers won 17-6
Giants won 24-14
Seahawks won 35-14

Im alittle sad Bucs lost though, I felt like they were the stronger team but Manning held his own
Kracker_Jap
1/6/08 9:57:22PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I can't even tell you what the seattle storm is.Is that a WNBA team im guessing ?

But i mean i dont see what justice it brings by calling them the Stealers.They didnt steal anything.The Refs didnt let Willie Parker have the longest run in super bowl history,The Refs didnt get burned on a gadget play.

I respect you, but whatever......

the best thing Washington state has is its MMA scene

Kracker_Jap
1/6/08 9:58:36PM
By the way you have the best avatar I have ever seen
The_Ho_Bag
1/7/08 6:30:23AM
ok lets c here
NFC

NY vs Dallas- NY looked great these few games especially vs N.E. Eli Is on fire 5-1 in his 2 games =] Plex is catching the ball finally, BJ is running and catching but Dallas is 2-0 against them this season idk close one here. But just remeber T.O had a field against The Gmen last game and im a die-hard Giant fan so im going w/ My Giants 31-28

Seattle Vs G.B- Seattle imo had an ok game against the skins, Hasselbeck needs to stop dropping back 10-15 yards and stop scrambling around out side the pocket b/c G.B defense is no Joke o i say G.B wins 35-21]

AFC

S.D Vs Indi- lol im in a stump here i like S.D but i think Indy will will due to there diversity at receiving end. S.D defense is Great but i think Peyton will have a great unlike the last time where he had 5 picks Colts 28-17

N.E vs Jax

I h8 N.E plainand simple. Jax surprise me last game there defense was pretty solid. Fred taylor put some work in and so did Jones Drew on special teams. the scarry thing is that Scobbe cnt hit 40 yard field goals. Even N.e has superior Offense i think Jax D will win it 28-21

NFC championship NY vs GB
AFC championship Jax vs Indy

Superbowl NY vs Jax call me crazy butr ill exp[lain later i gotta go to school so ill explain later
cowcatcher
1/7/08 11:37:06AM

Superbowl

i like the fact that you picked the pack but how big of a favre fan can you be if you cant spell his name right
Kracker_Jap
1/9/08 8:32:22PM
Seahawks Super Bowl Bound
MattHughesFan
1/9/08 10:09:20PM
We all know New England's gonna win it all but for the sake of argument i'm gonna say Bret Farve wins a super bowl in his last NFL game beating indy 38-31 in a game that will go down to the last few plays.
The_Ho_Bag
1/9/08 10:15:12PM
NE is getting knocked out b/c they almost lost to giants and the JAgs are a better team then the Giants i h8 to say but its true
Pages: [1] 2