THE NFL: Who (or what) do you hate the most?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » THE NFL: Who (or what) do you hate the most?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
BlueSkiesBurn
8/21/10 1:57:45AM
That robot pisses me off all over the place, cowcatcher.

I dislike idiots in the booth. I want to hear detailed analysis of a game. That's why I hate Musburger calling college games. He's a complete idiot. I'd rather listen to Herbie. He actually has detailed things to say about the game.
cowcatcher
8/21/10 2:23:48AM
see, if madden was calling a game that the packers werent in, i found that the entertainment value of his stupidity made the game more fun to watch. i understand the madden hater point of view, but im a guy that loves watching the three stooges so stupid strikes a chord with me.
Jackelope
8/21/10 2:26:25AM

Posted by cowcatcher

see, if madden was calling a game that the packers werent in, i found that the entertainment value of his stupidity made the game more fun to watch. i understand the madden hater point of view, but im a guy that loves watching the three stooges so stupid strikes a chord with me.

Haha, I'm with you. I was always a fan of John Madden. I was bummed when he left the air. His stupid comments cracked me up and there were some small glimmers of genius in his commentary.

Hell of a lot better than the supposed expert Collinsworth IMO. Collinsworth just comes off as an ego maniac to me. Madden is like a lovable doof who did so much for the game that you could forgive him.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/21/10 2:30:10AM
One of my favorite Madden eff-ups was actually during the Arena Bowl when he said "There's 30 seconds left on the c*ck"
cowcatcher
8/21/10 2:47:46AM
i hate collinsworths self righteous, long necked ass too jack.

thats a good oops by madden blue, thats why i dont get why people universally dont love him. he delivered gems consistently.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/21/10 5:42:08AM

Posted by cowcatcher

i hate collinsworths self righteous, long necked ass too jack.

thats a good oops by madden blue, thats why i dont get why people universally dont love him. he delivered gems consistently.

If I wanted to listen to an idiot call sports I'd watch Cheap Seats with the Sklar brothers.
Twenty20Dollars
8/21/10 5:28:09PM
how could I forget the ridiculous amount of money rookies are paid...
Chael_Sonnen
8/21/10 6:01:35PM
I HATE the preseason
postman
8/21/10 6:30:35PM

Posted by emfleek
- About 50% of all Steelers fans. For every cool fan, there's one prick.

Oh the Yinzers can drive most anyone insane. On the real they think they know everything about football and 85% are clueless. I am a fan of one of the local news stations on facebook and when all of the Big Ben crap was going on, they wouls swat the hornets nest everyday asking abusred questions like should the steelers release Ben. comment after comment blah blah blah then I came across more then one saying things like The Steelers should cut Ben! I like Charlie Batch he just needs a little time and I think he could actually be a startin quarterback for a long time in the NFL. I simply replied WTF.

Typing this brings up my hate.....

Rodger Goodell!!!! And his inconsitant Suspension policys. I think he was worried that at the rate he was going they were going to have to cancel the first week of the season due to there not being enough players on the field.
Twenty20Dollars
8/21/10 7:40:06PM
guys that hold out and guys that hold out who have multiple years left on their contract.
Shawn91111
8/21/10 7:53:31PM
Any Dallas Cowboy and their fans and any other team in the NFC East that are not NY Giants
minushuman
8/21/10 9:21:16PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

how could I forget the ridiculous amount of money rookies are paid...

This.

And players holding out for money every couple years, despite having several years left on their contracts.

And the Patriots.
mkiv9secsupra
8/22/10 1:46:26AM
The Who: The officiating crews

The what? The officating....

what a joke this has become. there isnt a game where u dont see outrageous numbers of horrendous calls now. pass interference is a huge issue and roughing the kicker is just a joke....
mkiv9secsupra
8/22/10 1:53:55AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn
After we won they said we got very lucky and there's no way we would beat the Colts in the Super Bowl.

Not analyst hype, that is fact....

Spoken like a true falcons fan
telnights
8/22/10 2:19:05AM
I miss football being football. The fact that you can barely touch the QB and so many other things that are against the rules now.
Gogoplatapus
8/22/10 2:01:40PM
Almost everything about it.
Jackelope
8/22/10 2:24:03PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Almost everything about it.

BlueSkiesBurn
8/22/10 3:43:06PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn
After we won they said we got very lucky and there's no way we would beat the Colts in the Super Bowl.

Not analyst hype, that is fact....

Spoken like a true falcons fan

You and my friend Joe say the same thing. He's an ATL guy, too.
ChrisSabal
8/22/10 4:31:26PM
THE WHO:
- Patriots
- PATRIOTS
- THE PATRIOTS!!!!
- Tom Brady
- Cris Collinsworth
- Jets
- Bills
- Ravens
- Bears fans, I'm from Chicago and boy do they piss me off
- People who know the history of football but don't know whats going on currently
- players that holdout on their contract
- guys who have one good season and are praised like gods(Larry Johnson) and then they end up sucking
- People who still believe in the madden curse

THE WHAT:
- Kneel downs
- protection of the QB's, pretty soon they are just gonna get flags put on them and when you pull it, it is a sack/tackle on the QB
Twenty20Dollars
8/22/10 8:23:10PM
john gruden is kinda getting annoying to me...always saying you know this guy, this guy
BlueSkiesBurn
8/22/10 8:37:56PM
I'm gonna catch flack for this but I'm sick of Tony Dungy being every troubled player's rabbi.
cowcatcher
8/23/10 9:06:03AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm gonna catch flack for this but I'm sick of Tony Dungy being every troubled player's rabbi.

hes making a push to become the al sharpton of the nfl. whenever there is trouble. he decides hes the man to solve it.
Jackelope
8/23/10 9:56:49AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Yeah, you're definitely not the only person who feels this way.

I like Dungy, but he's getting a little annoying.
emfleek
8/23/10 10:04:58AM
Did I miss something? Who, besides Mike Vick (and I'm pretty sure he was asked by Roger Goodell to do so), has Tony Dungy been a "rabbi" for?

Unless you're referring to this Rex Ryan (*cough* douchebag *cough*) thing, in which I totally agree with Dungy about Ryan's non-professionalism.
Jackelope
8/23/10 10:39:42AM

Posted by emfleek

Unless you're referring to this Rex Ryan (*cough* douchebag *cough*) thing, in which I totally agree with Dungy about Ryan's non-professionalism.

But why, outside of a rooting interest in the AFC, is what Rex Ryan did bad by any means? He was just cussing and trying to get his guys fired up. So Dungy doesn't like to cuss, big deal? I'm pretty sure if any of the players had a problem with it they would have gone to the media about it all. Instead, Rex Ryan's players are responding to him and his style of coaching by becoming what looks to be a true powerhouse football program. You hear cussing all of the time in the NFL (intentionally and otherwise) We're all adults here. They're just words. (That being said I do realize I mod for a website that frowns on excessive cursing) I just don't know what program of sports Dungy grew up in because every sport I ever played involved cussing and getting fired up for practices and games.

Dungy also helped out Legarette Blount recently. We'll see how that pans out.
cowcatcher
8/23/10 10:53:39AM
by all accounts dungy is a good guy, and hes been through some rough stuff, but he doesnt need to be the voice of morality for the nfl. i dont hate the guy, but its getting to be a little much IMO.
emfleek
8/23/10 10:59:16AM

Posted by Jackelope

But why, outside of a rooting interest in the AFC, is what Rex Ryan did bad by any means?

I see nothing wrong with it as long as the cameras are off. I just don't think it's an appropriate technique when you know there are going to be kids watching an entire season of a TV show dedicated to their favorite teams.

Posted by Jackelope

He was just cussing and trying to get his guys fired up. So Dungy doesn't like to cuss, big deal? I'm pretty sure if any of the players had a problem with it they would have gone to the media about it all. Instead, Rex Ryan's players are responding to him and his style of coaching by becoming what looks to be a true powerhouse football program.

Really? Cussing is what makes the team respond and perform like a powerhouse program? If that's all it takes, then there are about a dozen teams in the league that need to look into hiring Dana White.

I do know what you mean. I just don't agree.

Posted by Jackelope

You hear cussing all of the time in the NFL (intentionally and otherwise) We're all adults here. They're just words. (That being said I do realize I mod for a website that frowns on excessive cursing) I just don't know what program of sports Dungy grew up in because every sport I ever played involved cussing and getting fired up for practices and games.

Actually, we're not all adults. I don't have any numbers, but I'm pretty sure that kids make up quite a big percentage of the fanbase.

Posted by Jackelope

Dungy also helped out Legarette Blount recently. We'll see how that pans out.

I didn't know that. I guess that's what being head of the NFL Players Advisory Committee is supposed to do, though. I doubt Tony's sitting at home looking for players who need his guidance.

It all boils down to personal opinions. I'm not going to sit here and try to convince anyone of anything. I just don't find it to be a problem that Dungy's doing exactly what he was asked to do. He's a spiritual man who likes helping people and he loves football. At least he's not doing it just to get his name in the paper or on TV (Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.).
Jackelope
8/23/10 11:24:47AM

Posted by emfleek

Actually, we're not all adults. I don't have any numbers, but I'm pretty sure that kids make up quite a big percentage of the fanbase.

It was on HBO. Those same kids could stay tuned and watch all the T & A and cussing on Entourage or any number of shows. It's an adult network. Parents need to start taking responsibility for their children, not the other way around. HBO asked for access, and they got it. Children aren't invited into locker rooms at certain points for those exact reasons and parents can lock channels on their televisions for those exact reasons. I see absolutely 0 problems with it and I think bringing up the "child angle" is just another sign of society pushing the responsibility for their children onto every one else as usual.

Besides, I know I was cussing up a storm when I was in the 8th grade. I never had HBO or any of those other channels.
emfleek
8/23/10 11:48:27AM

Posted by Jackelope

It was on HBO. Those same kids could stay tuned and watch all the T & A and cussing on Entourage or any number of shows. It's an adult network. Parents need to start taking responsibility for their children, not the other way around. HBO asked for access, and they got it. Children aren't invited into locker rooms at certain points for those exact reasons and parents can lock channels on their televisions for those exact reasons. I see absolutely 0 problems with it and I think bringing up the "child angle" is just another sign of society pushing the responsibility for their children onto every one else as usual.

Besides, I know I was cussing up a storm when I was in the 8th grade. I never had HBO or any of those other channels.

And then shown time and time again on ESPN and soundbytes on radio stations and every other media outlet that aren't adult-specific.

I don't know about you, but I make it a point to not swear when children are present.

I agree that parents should take responsibility for teaching their kids what's right and what's wrong, but I'm not going to be "that guy" and be a total ass while serving as a representative of my employer, my city and my fans.

Hell, as an adult I don't want to be around "that guy".
Jackelope
8/23/10 2:37:29PM

Posted by emfleek

And then shown time and time again on ESPN and soundbytes on radio stations and every other media outlet that aren't adult-specific.

Then you can blame those radio stations and ESPN for airing those. I mean we're sitting here acting like it's the most dramatic thing that has ever happened on Hard Knocks. It's all just media hype and the only reason it has become so dramatic is because they chose to run with it. The public is eating it up, too. Then outlets took the story and ran with it.

Fact is this- kids weren't there when he was going off like that. The only things that were there were players and adults filming for an adult television show. I don't know how it's possible to argue that. In the first place, I'm more than willing to bet he wasn't the one who made the decision to have Hard Knocks a part of the Jets organization. It was probably the Jets owners with some form of approval from him and of course from HBO.

As far as Legarette Blount goes he was not a player. He was a free agent who had never been signed. Dungy didn't have any obligation as a member of the NFL to support him and you could even build a case that he was meddling with the league by using his insider contacts to get Blount a job. I'm fine with that, I'm just saying. That's not a topic that can just be brushed aside as "his job". It was extracurricular.

I mean, I understand how you could feel the need to defend Dungy considering what he did for your favorite football team, but I, like others, have found it kind of annoying for some reason or another. In that same light, I can say that it's all good if you think Rex Ryan was out of line and/or annoying. So in the end, much like other internet debates- it goes nowhere. LOL. But hell, I said my part and each is entitled to form his own opinion
Pages: 1 [2] 3