THE NFL: Who (or what) do you hate the most?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » THE NFL: Who (or what) do you hate the most?
Next Page »
emfleek
8/20/10 8:41:37AM
THE WHO:
- Rex Ryan
- Phillip Rivers
- About 50% of all Steelers fans. For every cool fan, there's one prick.

THE WHAT:
- Kneel downs
- The league's absurd protection of the QB.
Twenty20Dollars
8/20/10 9:02:34AM
The patriots

Speaking on Rex Ryan that guy has a potty mouth watching him on Hard Knocks, him and Dana White should do a battle of bad words.
cowcatcher
8/20/10 9:27:30AM
#1: the viqueens
#2(tie) : the pats
the cowboys
da bears
philly fans
cornerbacks having zero leeway in coverage
stuart scott
favre in purple
al davis running a franchise into the ground
blown calls in the nfc playoffs that take the packers out of the game(im still bitter)
ESPNs pregame show
shannon sharpe
DCRage
8/20/10 9:28:10AM
The Who:
Those damn Dallas Cowboys!
THE DANNY!
Tom Brady & Bill Belicheck

The What:
Icing the kicker on potential game-winning/tying FGs
emfleek
8/20/10 9:32:47AM

Posted by cowcatcher

#2(tie) : the pats

da bears

stuart scott

Good call on all 3. I didn't include the Pats just for the simple fact that, even though I can't stand Tom Brady, he's incredibly fun to watch.

As for the Bears...I hate their fans more than I hate the actual team. However, I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a Bears game. BOOOOOOOORING.

I'd like to punch Stuart Scott in his good eye.
gartface
8/20/10 9:39:33AM
The Patriots
The Chargers
The Steelers

emfleek
8/20/10 9:43:06AM
How could I forget this guy...

Not because he's a douche or anything. Simply because the f*cker does not go down after the first hit...EVER.
Twenty20Dollars
8/20/10 10:07:57AM
Is Gus Johnson part of the NFL, because I hate when I watch a game when he is broadcasting.
Twenty20Dollars
8/20/10 10:13:01AM

Posted by emfleek

Not because he's a douche or anything. Simply because the f*cker does not go down after the first hit...EVER.

Except for when he kneels down when he should have just scored.
gartface
8/20/10 11:16:45AM

Posted by emfleek

And he terrorizes the Colts year in, year out.

Add Marcus Stroud, Paul Spicer, John Henderson, Rashean Mathis, and hell every Jaguar, to my hated list.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/20/10 12:17:06PM
WHO:

Some raiders fans. See i don't mind the dressup and the costumes or anything as i am known to do some pretty bold stuff when it comes to football. It's all in the attitude. Like ok please for a second just calm down !!! you are not a monster or a machine or some kind of black and silver creature with spikes coming out of your shoulders and no you will most likely not eat anybody alive. Cheer all you want, yell jump up and down drink etc etc just stop acting like your from some other planet. That's really the only thing that kind of rubs me the wrong way when it comes to fans.
Jackelope
8/20/10 12:31:21PM

Posted by cowcatcher
blown calls in the nfc playoffs that take the packers out of the game(im still bitter)

Whiney Cheeseheads Besides, it was the Saints' year. They would have crushed the Cards or the Pack. It was a great game, that's all that matters!

The Who-

Brett Favre
The 49'ers
Cowboy Fan who honestly thinks the Cowboys have a chance any time soon

The What-

I hate to sort of quasi-quote Collinsworth here, but - those guys who dance around in the backfield like they're some kind of playmaker when they're really not. Just put your head down, slam into the defender, and grind out an extra yard or two. Much better than spinning and juking your way to a loss.

Throwing the ball away to avoid a sack. It's OK in some situations, but I can't stand blatant pansy play. I like Peyton Manning, but he's guilty of this.
crushedbacon
8/20/10 12:54:28PM
The Washington Redskins
The Dallas Cowboys
Brett Favre

In no particular order....
emfleek
8/20/10 1:06:16PM

Posted by Jackelope

Throwing the ball away to avoid a sack. It's OK in some situations, but I can't stand blatant pansy play. I like Peyton Manning, but he's guilty of this.

It's okay in ALL situations, in my opinion. Why take a 4 or 5 yard loss (and also risk turning the ball over by fumbling) in a game where field position means so much? I can't really see how that can be argued. Do you not find yourself yelling at Warner (in the past - Leinart now) to "get rid of the ball!" when he has defenders swarming him?
Jackelope
8/20/10 1:21:17PM

Posted by emfleek

It's okay in ALL situations, in my opinion. Why take a 4 or 5 yard loss (and also risk turning the ball over by fumbling) in a game where field position means so much? I can't really see how that can be argued. Do you not find yourself yelling at Warner (in the past - Leinart now) to "get rid of the ball!" when he has defenders swarming him?

Just because it benefits my team in some situation doesn't mean I have to agree with it in all situations. I think the rules are stacked in favor of the offense and I've ALWAYS been a fan of hard hitting, nose grinding, tough, defensive football. That's why I used to be such a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I love teams who win games on the defensive side of the ball and with head on style offensive plays like Jerome Bettis could make.

I don't blame teams for grounding it.... hell, like I said- I like Peyton Manning. I just blame the league for setting up the rules to allow it. Keep the quarterbacks happy because they create the ratings - I get that. But IMO, if you don't want your QB sacked then do a better job recognizing blitz schemes, set up better blocking schemes, run draw plays, throw screen passes, don't put 4 or 5 WR on the line and instead put a FB on a block and release route, etc. I don't need to see a 15 yd pass every time the ball is snapped to keep me interested in the game. I like strategy on both sides of the ball. Throwing the ball away lopsides the game in favor of the offense and I think turnovers are much more exciting than 15-25 yd passes anyways.

EDIT: I played SS in highschool, so factor that in for why I don't like offensive oriented rules as well
emfleek
8/20/10 1:32:05PM
I feel that as long as a QB is under pressure in the pocket, he has the right to do whatever he has to in order to avoid a loss of yardage. This is no different to me than a SS () intercepting a pass and lateraling the ball off to a teammate in order to avoid being tackled.

I don't disagree with you in terms of the league putting dresses on QBs. Some (probably the majority) of all roughing calls are complete and utter BS. However, I personally don't think this particular situation (throwing the ball away to avoid a sack) should fall in that category since it benefits the team as well as the player.
The_Metal_Maniac
8/20/10 1:32:26PM
THE WHO:
- Ray Lewis
- Terrell Suggs
- Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens
- All AFC North teams other than Pittsburgh

THE WHAT:
- How you can not touch a QB
- How you can not touch a WR
- How Hines Ward can no longer make his devastating blocks
gartface
8/20/10 1:32:34PM
^ Add Philip Rivers ability to get away with 3-4 intentional grounding calls a game.
cowcatcher
8/20/10 1:33:50PM

Posted by Jackelope

EDIT: I played WS and LO(left out) in highschool:

fixed
emfleek
8/20/10 1:35:20PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I played with dirty jockstraps after the games in HS

Fixed.

cowcatcher
8/20/10 1:37:31PM
they werent all dirty, and what else was i supposed to crawl around in to play nightcrawlers???
emfleek
8/20/10 1:38:23PM

Posted by cowcatcher

they werent all dirty, and what else was i supposed to crawl around in to play nightcrawlers???

You gotta love family reunions!
Jackelope
8/20/10 2:40:25PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Jackelope

EDIT: I played WS and LO(left out) in highschool:

fixed

LMAO, yeah actually I did end up being left out during the later portions of high school. I wasn't a very big guy so I did much better in wrestling than I did in football. I was ran over by a number of fullbacks and tight ends during runs playing safety. I'll admit it I caught a decent amount of TE's and receivers running in routes across my zone though so it's all good

With that last comment I'll also add that I hate how the WR's are protected now. I don't want to see anybody get hurt like Boldin did a few years ago, but it has definitely taken away from the effectiveness of certain hard hitting safeties like Darren Sharper and Adrian Wilson to name a few.

EDIT: This post made me think of my favorite hit from last year

Favorite hit from 2009
cowcatcher
8/20/10 2:48:17PM
of course i was only giving you **** man, that was a massive hit by sharper, we miss him in WI.
Twenty20Dollars
8/20/10 3:38:15PM
oh yeah and herm edwards
BlueSkiesBurn
8/20/10 5:01:37PM
The Who

-Charger Fans: they're the most annoying pricks on the planet. The make ANY Philly fan look like a dream come true. I would rather hang out with a group of Raider and Eagle fans before spending ONE Sunday with a Charger fan.

-Tony Kornheiser: Thank GOD he's off MNF. If I had to listen to him verbally blow Brett Favre one more game I was going to smash my TV.

-John Madden: Half of what he said never made sense and the stuff that he did say was so apparently obvious that he should have just kept his mouth shut. Stuff like "The purpose of the center during the snap is to get the ball to the quarterback; and if that doesn't happen it usually results in a fumble." or Al Michaels: "Last season he crushed three vertebrate" Madden: "That's located in the back" or, my personal favorite, "I think the key to this game is gonna be these offenses against those defenses."

-Brett Favre: enough said.

The What

-The amount of flip-flopping analysts do after some lame losses or, for that matter, wins. My case in point will be the Saints of last year. After going 13-0 we lost 3 straight and they said there's no way we will make it to the Conference Championship. Once there they picked the Vikings to win. After we won they said we got very lucky and there's no way we would beat the Colts in the Super Bowl. After we beat the Colts they called us a team of destiny and pointed out all the reason it makes complete sense that we would win that game. I HATE that.

I understand flip-flopping. Teams go up and down. But THAT kind of bullshit flip-flopping pisses me off.

-Refs calling pointless penalties that will have no impact on the game. I.E. calling a false start when there's 2 seconds left in the half and the team was kneeling it down anyhow. Sure, they COULD fumble, but that's why they invented the Victory formation, anyhow. so that you have 4 people back there to recover it.

-The Tuck Rule: This rule is so f*cking ambiguous that I'm not even sure how you enforce it. Half the time they don't get it right, anyhow, even with IR.

-That stupid "Top Dog" they have on Fox NFL Sunday for the person who's in the lead for pick 'em.

-That retarded Fox Robot.
Jackelope
8/20/10 7:48:38PM
How about things we like the most?

I'll submit - "C'mon, Man!"
DCRage
8/20/10 8:11:56PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

oh yeah and herm edwards

Come on, how can you hate Herm? Outside of because with him "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"
Twenty20Dollars
8/20/10 8:18:09PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

oh yeah and herm edwards

Come on, how can you hate Herm? Outside of because with him "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

Oh I'll never forget that.

This is somewhat NFL related whenever I'm watching a game on channel 3(cbs) in which the game sounds good then I flip over to channel 6(fox) and it sounds bad and I keep having to turn the volume up and down.
cowcatcher
8/21/10 1:49:52AM
ok blue, i totally agree with the fox robot, i should have thought of that myself as my #1 thing i hate, but im in the 50% of people that loved maddens extra chromosome kicking in. obviously the other 50% are with you on him, but theres something wonderful about a guy that oblivious and ridiculous that still has a real, proven grasp on the game. i loved madden and summeralls drunk ass together, an oaf and a drunk are always good for laughs.
Pages: [1] 2 3