NFL Fantasy Football-Help/Advice on a trade.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NFL Fantasy Football-Help/Advice on a trade.
POLL: Should I make this trade?
Yes 13% (2)
No- Team is solid as is 88% (14)
JLS1980
9/25/12 11:31:17AM
I figured since the PG has a lot of Football fans I would turn to you guys for a little help with a possible trade that was offered to me today.

Our league is a FOX Sports standard 10 team league. So no bonuses or PPR. And currently I am in 2nd place with a 2-1 record but leading the league in points for. The league allows you to start 1 Quarterback, 2 Wide Recievers, 2 Running Backs, 1 Flex Back(either WR,RB, or TE). Well heres the trade that was offered and here's my roster. A little help and/or advice would be helpful.

These are the players I would get.
Michael Vick
Roddy White
Chris Johnson

These would be the players I would be getting rid of.
Reggie Wayne
Greg Jennings
Darren Sproles
Brandon Pettigrew

My roster
QB-T.Romo(Dal), M.Schaub(Hou), A.Dalton(Cin)
RB-A.Foster(Hou),T.Richardson(Clev),D.Sproles(NO),B. Green-Ellis(Cin)
WR-J.Jones(Atl), G.Jennings(GB), R.Wayne(Ind), M. Colston(NO), D.Moore(Oak)
K-J.Hanson(Det), M.Bryant (Atl)
Def/Spec.Teams-Chicago
cowcatcher
9/25/12 11:39:36AM
The only guy you're getting there that I like is White. CJ is terrible, and Vick has been so far too without showing any signs of turning it around. Plus if you make this trade you lose your WR depth and are counting solely on the Falcons WR's for the rest of the year, that's not a good move no matter how good their offense is, and especially bad on their bye week.
prophecy033
9/25/12 11:52:17AM
Vick

CJ1.3YPC
Theoutlaw08
9/25/12 11:54:04AM
I said yes, do the trade. But no that I look more, it doesnt seem like a good idea. Trading for White is a bad idea since Jones is already on your roster. And its not like they both have huge days the same week. Wayne has been good enough to start and is a go to guy for a young rookie QB. Vick has been a turn over machine and would be the fourth best guy on your team. As of right now I would start Romo, Schaub and Dalton over him. CJ23 has been terrible, there offense is looking to use him right now because their passing game is doing ok. I think you should keep your squad the way it is. Romo, Foster, Richardson Jones and Wayne are a good starting line up, toss in Sproles or Lawfirm once and a while and its a good mix. Dont do it.

Twenty20Dollars
9/25/12 12:26:32PM
No way.

You already have 3 solid QB's, you don't need another and less productive one in Vick.

All your RB's are solid. No need for a guy who isn't producing at all and throwing all the blame elsewhere.

White is good, but you've already for Jones, no need.

No reason to give up productive players for a couple of non-needed unproductive players.
JLS1980
9/25/12 1:10:21PM
Thanks everyone.I'm not gonna do the trade.

0=yes
7=no so far

Easy enough.
NaturalBornKiller92
9/25/12 1:16:28PM
I would say no. You are solid at all positions already. Accepting the trade would not help you at any position anyways. By the way, does anyone know of a pg fantasy football league? I'd like to win that next year!
kopower
9/25/12 1:27:31PM
Hell no.
Bubbles
9/25/12 1:33:06PM
definitely not. Only "weak" position you have is at QB, and even then Romo on most nights is decent. Couple Sproles + a Schaub and see if you can buy low on Rodgers
Twenty20Dollars
9/25/12 2:32:43PM

Posted by Bubbles

definitely not. Only "weak" position you have is at QB, and even then Romo on most nights is decent. Couple Sproles + a Schaub and see if you can buy low on Rodgers

Schaub just threw 4 td passes. Dalton threw 3 and 3 the game before.

Rodgers 0 last night, 1 game before and only 3 overall. Their offense doesn't have the same feel as last year.
JLS1980
9/25/12 3:11:10PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by Bubbles

Rodgers 0 last night, 1 game before and only 3 overall. Their offense doesn't have the same feel as last year.

I was thinking the same thing about Rodgers and the Packers. However I do think they will start doing better as the year goes along.
Also I really didn't need a 3rd QB but I actually just got Dalton today off of waivers. Basically just to keep a team in need of a QB from getting him. He's been putting up big numbers so far. I gave up Kevin Smith for him. With Mikel Leshoure back Kevin Smith probably won't do much more this season. And with my RB's Smith would never start on my team.
Now I gotta worry about dropping someone to pick up a second defense and special teams for when the Bears have their bye week. Any suggestions?
Bubbles
9/25/12 5:22:41PM

Posted by Bubbles

Yeah and Schaub threw a grand total of 1 in his previous 2 games. Dalton is a solid #2 but how often is he going to throw 2-3 a game? At least with GB you know they pass 80% of the time
Twenty20Dollars
9/25/12 5:36:29PM

Posted by JLS1980

I was thinking the same thing about Rodgers and the Packers. However I do think they will start doing better as the year goes along.
Also I really didn't need a 3rd QB but I actually just got Dalton today off of waivers. Basically just to keep a team in need of a QB from getting him. He's been putting up big numbers so far. I gave up Kevin Smith for him. With Mikel Leshoure back Kevin Smith probably won't do much more this season. And with my RB's Smith would never start on my team.
Now I gotta worry about dropping someone to pick up a second defense and special teams for when the Bears have their bye week. Any suggestions?

Probably don't need two kickers right now. That will open a slot for D#.

Bubbles
9/25/12 10:15:11PM

Posted by JLS1980

Probably don't need two kickers right now. That will open a slot for D#.

I agree with this. Personally I'd keep Bryant but it's a coin flip