NFL Draft Talk

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NFL Draft Talk
ohiostate1016
2/24/08 12:03:16PM
Anybody a fan of the draft? I sure am. I got so excited, that I decided to write a blog about the players to watch out for some 2 months before the event takes place in NYC. Click below to read it, and feel free to comment in this thread on any- and everything related to the event.

NFL Draft: Who to Watch For
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/24/08 2:42:01PM
I'm also a huge fan of the NFL draft (and everything NFL related ). Very interesting read, very very nice job man.
whardin19
2/24/08 4:58:21PM
I am way more intrested this year than in years past. Probably because I'm a huge Miami Dolphins fan and my teams got the #1 pick. Oh yeah, and we got Parcells, the team building genious running our team now.
DevonFoxy
2/24/08 9:43:17PM
I watched the Combine today and McFadden ran a 4.27 then a 4.33. It was very beastly and manly.
Pitbull09
2/24/08 10:20:05PM
I love the NFL. Offseason can be just as exciting as the games with the draft and free agency happening. Ty Law, Chad Johnson and Asante Samuel all might be going somewhere else in the league.

Personally Im a chargers fan and hope they have a good draft this year so they can finally make it to the superbowl./
hippysmacker
2/25/08 5:34:21AM
I'm also a draftnik. I still think mcFadden doesn't go no# 1. Also, Dallas will not trade up that high IMO. Adam Schefter gave the impression that Dallas had an offer on the table for the # 1 pick to get McFadden. The truth according to Dallas are writers is Dallas offered both 1's this year( 22 and 28) next years # 1 and Bobby Carpenter( Dallas 2005 # 1 that Parcells picked) . Parcells asked for all that and Marion barber. Dallas said no. Scefter gave the false impression that the offer on the table was made by Dallas. The whole point in getting McFadden is to have the home run hitter to go with the bruising Barber. If Dallas does trade up , and i doubt they will, It would be in the bottom of the top 10 IMO. Worst case scenario they would swing a trade with the raiders for the # 4. My guess is they stay put unless Parcells is willing to take the original deal or Ayodale or Spears instead of Barber. As much as I like McFadden that would be a mistake IMO. Not becuase he's not worth it, but becuase anything they pay McFadden they will have to at least match for the proven pro Bowler Barber. I just don't see our cap handling that, and we still need to resign Flozell . I love the addition of Thomas by the way. At the very least I think he will help us in the nickle/dime, or anytime we switch to a 4-3. Plus we need another corner, and could use a young receiver. My guess is if they stay where they are they take a corner at WR with the # 22. Then they either trade down and take the other postion they didn't use pick the first time.. Jamall Charles or some other speed back would fit in with our 2nd rounder. If we could get any combination of
CB- Mckelvin, Jenkins. tyalib, Flowers or Rodgers- cromartie
WR-Sweed, Kelly, Desean Jackson. D. Thomas, Doucett.Thomas or Hardy
Rb- McFadden, Charles, C. Jhonson, or F. Jones

I think we will be good.
DCRage
2/25/08 7:45:15AM
McFadden should go to either Atlanta or Oakland at 3 or 4. Both are teams really in need of a young RB who can be another AP. Miami has a hopefully healthy Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams among others, so they have more pressing needs-namely a QB or WR.
hippysmacker
2/25/08 8:09:18AM

Posted by DCRage

McFadden should go to either Atlanta or Oakland at 3 or 4. Both are teams really in need of a young RB who can be another AP. Miami has a hopefully healthy Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams among others, so they have more pressing needs-namely a QB or WR.

While I definitely agree with you on where he should go( 3rd or 4th) I read an interesting article on why he won't go to Atlanta awhile back. Since the Vick scandals they are avoiding anyone with any off the field troubles. Mcfadden has been in 3 incidents that are well known , and who knows what else NFL teams might discover. Even though he doesn't portray the same public rebellious attitude,and seems far more intelligent at this age , I really think he will be this decades Randy Moss. I think he will slip, some team will take him, and he will be a stud for a long time. I also don't liken him to Peterson, who reminds me of Diickerson. They are both bruisers with speed.They will knock you over, make one move, and head straight for the goal line. MacFadden will usually make someone miss , and then beat you to the edge. McFadden actually reminds me of Marshall Faulk/Brian Westbrook , although he is a little bigger. Both could lay a hit on someone if they saw it coming, but also could be tackled relatively easily if not. Both have great speed, and are versatile in the passing game. What remains to be seen for me is if he has the same kind of dedication Marshall/Brian had. Early on both were often lost in pass protection and ran there routes a little sloppy. By his 3rd season however, Marshall was great on blitz pickups ,and very smooth receiver IMO. he also got much better in short yardage situations as his career went along, until injuries started to take their toll on him. Westbrook is still going but has also proven he is a everyfown back IMO. If no more big off the field stuff comes up, I think his only viable top 5 home is Oakland.After that some people think the jets, but i think the front seven on defense is where their first pick will go. I think Cincinnati would be smart to take him, but they will probably go O or D( especially D-line) line at #9,as that is a huge need for them . I think this is where Dallas will come into the picture if he falls that far, and a trade with New Orleans would be a distinct possibility. , Chicago, and Arizona are in the market for aback and I can't see him falling past them both.
ohiostate1016
2/25/08 9:15:04AM
Here's the dealio...no McF at no. 1. No McF at no. 5. He'll go no. 6 to the Jets. Ryan will go first to Miami (good pick), then 4 consecutive linemen will go: Glenn Dorsey (STL), Chris Long (ATL), Sedrick Ellis (OAK), Jake Long (KC). Great steal for the J-E-T-S at no. 6 if they can get probably the best player in the draft. Remember: Minny got AD last year at no. 8.
hippysmacker
2/25/08 9:24:07AM
I( will make you an Avatar bet that the jets don't take him. I m very confident of this, and so I will make the bet one sided. If I'm wrong I will sport whatever Ohio state logo you want for a month. If I'm right you sport a Dallas cowboy logo for a week.
Deal?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
JWils
2/25/08 10:35:57AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Here's the dealio...no McF at no. 1. No McF at no. 5. He'll go no. 6 to the Jets. Ryan will go first to Miami (good pick), then 4 consecutive linemen will go: Glenn Dorsey (STL), Chris Long (ATL), Sedrick Ellis (OAK), Jake Long (KC). Great steal for the J-E-T-S at no. 6 if they can get probably the best player in the draft. Remember: Minny got AD last year at no. 8.

I'm a big Rams fan. If Ryan goes # 1, I don't think St. Louis takes Dorsey. They will take either Chris Long or Jake Long. Both are solid players and both of their positions are bigger needs to the team.

D0wnUnd6e6r
2/25/08 10:37:44AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I( will make you an Avatar bet that the jets don't take him. I m very confident of this, and so I will make the bet one sided. If I'm wrong I will sport whatever Ohio state logo you want for a month. If I'm right you sport a Dallas cowboy logo for a week.
Deal?

Taking care of Business
tberg420
2/25/08 4:09:31PM
Chris Long will go #1. Dorsey's injury concerns and he's not a great NT for the 3-4 defense. Long is able to play DE or OLB and will fit great with Miami. Dallas will find a way to get into the Top 5 and get McFadden.
hippysmacker
2/26/08 8:41:32AM
Here a update on Mcfaddens off the field problems. Before the combine 3 were widely known. 2 scuffles at nightclubs , and a disputed paternity test. He passed that paternity test, and admitted they wanted him to take another in his combine media interview. Apparently this caused NFL security( who does league wide background checks made available to all teams) to dig more and they found out he actually has 2 pregnant baby's mamas currently. He admitted it when asked in personal team interviews. Teams also have their own background security people looking into him. That small hope of him falling to # 22 is still alive. At the very least this increases the chances he falls outside the top 10 ten and someone, hopefully Dallas, trades up for him.