NFL Conspiracy

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NFL Conspiracy
The_Metal_Maniac
11/17/08 12:34:12AM
Today I made my own Oliver Stone and Mel Gibson ( Conspiracy Theory), like conspiracy. The Pittsburgh Steelers played host to the San Diego Chargers today. The afternoon line on the majority of prominent sports books was Pittsburgh -3. On the very last play with the score 11-10 in Pittsburgh's favor, San Diego tried the imminent Cal Bears play. The good ol last second lateral pass play that never works. The ball never ruled dead on the field of play, and never once was thrown as an illegal forward pass was picked up by Troy Polamalu and returned for a touchdown. Barring a missed extra point from a kicker who has missed one kick the whole entire season, the game would have ended 18-10. However the refs held a meeting and without any logical explanation ended the game and disallowed the points. San Diego wins and Pittsburgh fails to cover the spread. Yahoo sports article on the matter

It makes you wonder if any referees follow in Tim Donaghy's footsteps and bet on the games.

Que the Unsolved Mysteries music.
iwannabesedated
11/17/08 12:46:52AM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mkiv9secsupra
11/17/08 1:13:33AM
yeah that was complete BS! but i cant be too mad at that. the Steelers had 400+ yds today and only 11 pts?! that is embarassing
hippysmacker
11/17/08 1:20:23AM
The very first lateral was an illegal forward pass I beleive.
The_Metal_Maniac
11/17/08 6:31:07AM

Posted by hippysmacker

The very first lateral was an illegal forward pass I beleive.

If you read the linked article the referees tell the press there were no illegal forward passes.
hippysmacker
11/17/08 10:09:53AM
Ah, I see. I doubt it is a conspiracy though. Maybe I need to re watch the replay. When I saw it live I thought the 1rst lateral was froward.
mkiv9secsupra
11/17/08 10:32:56AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Ah, I see. I doubt it is a conspiracy though. Maybe I need to re watch the replay. When I saw it live I thought the 1rst lateral was froward.

They were definitely all legal lateral passes. The officiating crew were just idiots, i dont think it was a conspiracy at all. But one of the worst calls in NFL history, no doubt.
The_Metal_Maniac
11/17/08 11:20:33AM
I believe it was something along the lines of over 60% of the action was on Pittsburgh.
iwannabesedated
11/17/08 2:06:53PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

yeah that was complete BS! but i cant be too mad at that. the Steelers had 400+ yds today and only 11 pts?! that is embarassing

Well considering they had 13 penalties for 115 yards Along with shit weather a win is a win and they're 7-3.Nfl officiating gets worse and worse every year this would be up the top of mess ups along with the SD Denver game earlier this year.I think the mob has control over the refs.