Any news on Yoshihiro Akiyama?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Any news on Yoshihiro Akiyama?
Buddharox
3/29/07 9:51:01AM
I know he's indefinitely suspended from K-1 now, but is there any news if he's going to keep going in MMA? He's a really well rounded fighter, and would do well in UFC or Pride.

Yea, I know he's a cheater, but he still kicks ass.
Stickan
3/29/07 10:08:56AM
I still think K-1 overreacted big time in this case. If it was true that he only applied some skin lotion after showering I think banning him is crazy. I know a lot of guys in my camp that due to all the showering from all the training they do get dry skin and use skin lotion.

btw. he kicked Saku´s ass.

I hope to see him soon. It would be cool to see him fight Frank Shamrock since their respective companies have merged now.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/4/07 1:41:33AM

Posted by Stickan

I still think K-1 overreacted big time in this case. If it was true that he only applied some skin lotion after showering I think banning him is crazy. I know a lot of guys in my camp that due to all the showering from all the training they do get dry skin and use skin lotion.

btw. he kicked Saku´s ass.

I hope to see him soon. It would be cool to see him fight Frank Shamrock since their respective companies have merged now.

Lathering up in "lotion" is a HUGE advantage. Its like trying to grapple a fish.

Akiyama is suspended for 6 months i believe. With all the little tricks they pull in order to gain an advantage, I think he went over the line and the punishment is very fitting.
Spiderman
4/4/07 6:42:45PM
I would like to see him in Pride . Other than Manhoef there is no one in Heroes to compete with Akiyama ! Imo he may be the best 185 lb fighter in the world . Its between Akiyama and Filho IMO .

PS anyone know if they made soccer kicks and knees to downed oppenents illegal in Heroes ? seemed like Akiyama could have soccer kicked Sak when sak was scrambling around trying to grab his ankles . Or maybe they never where legal ? I cant recall soccer kicks being used in Heroes ?