MM_EH!! News and notes from Canada.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MM_EH!! News and notes from Canada.
POLL: Who will win, Doekson or Filho ?
Doerkson 26% (5)
Filho 74% (14)
Canadian_MM_EH
7/30/07 5:51:51PM
by Andy Cotterill (acotterill@sherdog.com)
With 48 professional mixed martial arts fights under his belt, Joe Doerksen (Pictures) knows what it takes to step into a cage across from a guy who wants to beat him up.

The 29-year-old fighter from Winnipeg, Manitoba has also been around long enough to realize his upcoming bout against Paulo Filho (Pictures) is more than an ordinary contest, as the pair will fight in Las Vegas this Sunday to see who gets to wear the vacant WEC middleweight championship belt.

Doerksen told Sherdog.com that he's very aware of Filho's strong ground game but that he's not overly concerned.
Read the rest @--> LINK
cmill21
7/30/07 5:57:15PM
I'm Canadian and i'm pretty sure filho's going to kill him.
juanez13
7/30/07 6:06:12PM
i dont noe why fihlo isnt in the ufc, juss dont get it........nways yea fihlo takes it for sure
cmill21
7/30/07 6:14:21PM
Money.
Canadian_MM_EH
7/30/07 6:52:09PM
I guess were gonna see how healed Filho's knee is, this is the first fight back...
Canadian_MM_EH
7/30/07 7:00:35PM

Posted by cmill21

lol, so you think you have to be Canadian to think Joe can win ?
peachfuzzz1305
7/30/07 9:47:30PM
I do not think Doerkson has a chance in hell with Filho
cmill21
7/30/07 10:33:42PM

Posted by Canadian_MM_EH

Posted by cmill21

Lol no, but it seems Canadian's love to support their athletes, Ie: Sportsnet saying the bluejays, raptors and any canadian NFLers are great even if there sup par to say the least. Luckily we have the best 170lbder in mma!!! wooo.
Canadian_MM_EH
7/31/07 12:46:22AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Canadian_MM_EH

Posted by cmill21

Lol no, but it seems Canadian's love to support their athletes, Ie: Sportsnet saying the bluejays, raptors and any canadian NFLers are great even if there sup par to say the least. Luckily we have the best 170lbder in mma!!! wooo.

You got way too much time on your hands....
cmill21
7/31/07 12:51:21AM
Just had surgery, I got nothing better to do lol.
gspgnp
7/31/07 8:35:46AM
Joe has a lot more experience than Filho and he has improved tenfold since the last time you guys saw him in the UFC. He is no slouch on the ground and will cancel out Filho's ground game. His standup has improved dramatically in the past few years as he has been working with Duke Roofus here in Winnipeg.

Joe will win, mark my words, Round 3 KO