News: Matt Hughes set to fight Matt Serra after Alves

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » News: Matt Hughes set to fight Matt Serra after Alves
kastro_316
6/2/08 12:01:21PM
DreamFighters.com

both camps are now setting negociations that will result in a fight between Matt Hughes and Matt Serra. However, Matt Hughes must win against Thiago Alves first.
Ben_Hutch
6/2/08 12:12:22PM
Dana White promised Matt Hughes that he'd be fighting Serra next regardless of his result against Alves, Hughes announced it a month or so ago.
Twenty20Dollars
6/2/08 1:40:11PM
yeah why would it matter if hughes wins or not to fight serra.
IriShame
6/2/08 1:42:43PM
I would genuinely like to see this fight. It's unfortunate that he is going to get KO'd by Alves and take some of the luster off this matchup.
MaxOne
6/2/08 2:32:10PM
i wish he was fighting serra first. They could have found someone else for Alves
RMFG_187
6/2/08 2:38:58PM
Serra Round 1 KO!!!
89vision
6/2/08 2:51:33PM
hes overlooking alves?? big mistake, hes gonna get KO'd, write that down
Ben_Hutch
6/2/08 2:52:04PM

Posted by MaxOne

i wish he was fighting serra first. They could have found someone else for Alves

But then there wouldn't be a main event for all the Brits who paid a ridiculous amount of money for tickets.
holt8081
6/2/08 4:15:24PM
Good I would like to see Serra get the crap kicked out of him twice in a row
kaskd
6/2/08 4:38:43PM
Serra wants Matt to win first so it doesn't looks so bad when he gets his own ass kicked. Serra's gonna lose, and when he does he can cry for a fight with Alves. but if Matt loses to Alves and then Serra loses to Matt, MMAth (more reliable than algebra) dictates that Serra sucks balls. but i don't need the great and powerful MMAth to know that.
prozacnation1978
6/2/08 6:27:20PM
i wanna see the serra vs hughes match i think it will happen in nov likely
but this is a dangerous fight for hughes, if thiago wins i see him getting next shot at title
Naturaldisaster
6/2/08 7:49:29PM
Well Hughes is gonna leave the fighting world with 3 consecutive losses then
Mchubb316
6/2/08 11:27:06PM
There is a lot of people not giving Hughes much of a shot. He loses to GSP, and he is washed up. Before his two losses to GSP there wasn't a WW that could beat him. I think he can and will beat Alves, then he will beat Serra, and retire. I know he looked bad against GSP, but most guys do look bad against GSP. I know Serra got him once, but his second time around didn't go so well for him.
89vision
6/3/08 12:12:08AM

Posted by Mchubb316

There is a lot of people not giving Hughes much of a shot. He loses to GSP, and he is washed up. Before his two losses to GSP there wasn't a WW that could beat him. I think he can and will beat Alves, then he will beat Serra, and retire. I know he looked bad against GSP, but most guys do look bad against GSP. I know Serra got him once, but his second time around didn't go so well for him.

or alves is just better, have you concieved this?

besides id say about 3/4 of ppl think hughes will win only because of his past and not the actual matchup stylistically, and on the stats section hughes is up 68% id say most are pulling for him

too bad hes getting cocky already talking abou a serra fight and overlooking a guy whos more well rounded than himself or serra
Mchubb316
6/3/08 10:30:34PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by Mchubb316

or alves is just better, have you concieved this?

besides id say about 3/4 of ppl think hughes will win only because of his past and not the actual matchup stylistically, and on the stats section hughes is up 68% id say most are pulling for him

too bad hes getting cocky already talking abou a serra fight and overlooking a guy whos more well rounded than himself or serra

I have not concieved this yet. Until he actually beats him I won't. I'm not saying Alves doesn't have the skills to beat Hughes. I just think Hughes is not getting any credit for being a top WW. Hughes is always cocky, thats the way he is. I do not think for a second he is overlooking Alves.
89vision
6/4/08 3:22:35AM
hes definatly overlooking this fight because hes already thinking about serra, why else would this even be mentioned...exactly