Any news on Big Ben Rothwell?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Any news on Big Ben Rothwell?
pv3Hpv3p
2/19/08 2:21:04PM
Just wondering if anyone's got an inside scoop on Big Ben... They guy walked through the IFL HW div and seems like he could have a serious upside... Tough to tell with his lack of competition, but I think he could be a solid addition to any org's roster... Especially upstart orgs like EliteXC, M-1, and DREAM...

Well, anyways... Anyone heard anything? Think of any interesting fights for him? Have an opinion on his skill level etc?
DCRage
2/19/08 2:24:41PM
He hasn't fought since the IFL Finals so I imagine he'll fight again when the new IFL season gets going, which should be next week.
pv3Hpv3p
2/19/08 2:27:44PM

Posted by DCRage

He hasn't fought since the IFL Finals so I imagine he'll fight again when the new IFL season gets going, which should be next week.

I was under the impression that he had a falling out with the IFL and is looking at signing elsewhere... I think that's why he didn't fight for the IFL championship belt...

I think he's a Monty Cox guy, so M-1 might be a very real posibility???
wolfman
2/19/08 4:21:27PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by DCRage

I was under the impression that he had a falling out with the IFL and is looking at signing elsewhere... I think that's why he didn't fight for the IFL championship belt...

I think he's a Monty Cox guy, so M-1 might be a very real posibility???

I think you are right. I also heard that he might not be back with the IFL due to a failed contract negotiation. I am pretty sure that there was a disagreement among Ben and the IFL.
pv3Hpv3p
2/19/08 4:25:24PM

Posted by wolfman

I think you are right. I also heard that he might not be back with the IFL due to a failed contract negotiation. I am pretty sure that there was a disagreement among Ben and the IFL.

This is what I heard a while back... I think the IFL had a falling out with a lot of Monte Cox's guys which could be baaaad news for them
IriShame
4/9/08 8:12:03PM
I heard Elite-XC was courting him. I'd like to see him sign with Adrenaline and fight Tim Sylvia. Or if he does go Elite-XC maybe a match with Bigfoot Silva. Either way I think he's a very good heavyweight and I hope he doesn't sit out so long he becomes irrelevant.