A newly sober Don Frye ready for another run at big time

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » A newly sober Don Frye ready for another run at big time
MMAcca
10/3/08 1:18:37AM
Forty-two-year-old MMA legend Don Frye has a newfound focus on training and is ready for another shot at MMA prominence.

Frye shared his vision for the future, and what change was most needed, while a guest on a recent edition of TAGG Radio, the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com.

"I quit drinking a month ago because I was doing too much of it," Frye admitted. "It lost its fun for me, but I was still doing it. Now I'm clean and sober."

LINK
JohnnyNapalm
10/3/08 3:52:10AM

Posted by MMAcca

Forty-two-year-old MMA legend Don Frye has a newfound focus on training and is ready for another shot at MMA prominence.

Frye shared his vision for the future, and what change was most needed, while a guest on a recent edition of TAGG Radio, the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com.

"I quit drinking a month ago because I was doing too much of it," Frye admitted. "It lost its fun for me, but I was still doing it. Now I'm clean and sober."

LINK

Aw man, what do you say to that? Don's the real deal but geezus freakin' Christmas - a comeback at 42? Dude's awesome, had a great career aleady, but I wish he would stay put. If he fights anyone decent it ain't likely going to be too pretty for Don.
Menard_StC
10/3/08 9:03:15AM
Sober Don Frye? Well that's no fun.
Boo_Radley21
10/3/08 9:20:19AM
Haha that's good ******* news. I love Don Frye and I'm glad he's fighting again.

"For some reason (UFC President) Dana White doesn't like me, and I don't care enough to find out why," Frye said. "So he can go pound sand up his ass as far as I'm concerned."

This guy is hilarious
cowcatcher
10/3/08 9:23:17AM
anyone that doesnt love don frye will never see the light of day on my x-mas card list. he is the funniest guy in mma, even more funny than bas. the "dana can pound sand up his ass for all i care" line was just priceless.
Kracker_Jap
10/3/08 10:40:12AM
Don Frye is awsome he will probally end up being Kimbo's next apponent if he gets by Shamrock
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/3/08 11:26:40AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Don Frye is awsome he will probally end up being Kimbo's next apponent if he gets by Shamrock

i hope so...i mean why not see this fight?
i think itd be a good tune up for frye
HulkRage
10/3/08 12:34:20PM
I think he is way past his prime and will not fair so well, but I think he will do alot better than say Shamrock is, maybe even put a beatdown on kimbo as long as he took it to the ground and not be too foolish and try to stand with him.
I hope that fight does happen.
OR
Bring him in to the UFC to fight with Coleman.
The-Don
10/3/08 1:19:10PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Kracker_Jap

i hope so...i mean why not see this fight?
i think itd be a good tune up for frye

Actually I think this would be a good match for kimbo and Frye.. Frye needs a win that can catapult him back to the lime light.. he easily has the skills to take on Kimbo and is not a known Easy KO.. WE known frye has a good chin... I think other then age he is a bad match up for Kimbo.. if kimbo won it owuld just ad to his list of former stars he has beaten..
telnights
10/3/08 3:57:02PM
I'm not sure how to take this. Frye had a great go at it but I think his time is up. Its like Ken still fighting (who is worse off than Frye is), he just doesn't have a place in today's MMA other than the hall of fame.