Newest UFC Banned Sponsor: Full Tilt Poker

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Newest UFC Banned Sponsor: Full Tilt Poker
DCRage
3/24/09 12:05:05PM
You Gotta Know When To Hold 'Em, Know When To Fold 'Em...UFC apparently does. Word is coming out that sponsor Full Tilt Poker, one of the top online poker sites, is the latest UFC sponsor to be blacklisted by the promotion. No specific reason given yet but rumors are it's because of UFC entering into a similar sponsor deal with fellow online poker site UltimateBet, which partners with the Absolute Poker site. There are also rumors Spike TV had something to do with it.

Article
DaMaGeInC
3/24/09 1:56:19PM
full tilt is great i wouldnt of banned them
DevonFoxy
3/24/09 2:23:43PM
See i understand why the UFC is doing this is they have a huge deal with the other company but I don't like them messing with the fighters money like that. Sponsors are sponsors and they shouldn't be telling them who they can and can't have imo.
grappler0000
3/24/09 3:08:54PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

See i understand why the UFC is doing this is they have a huge deal with the other company but I don't like them messing with the fighters money like that. Sponsors are sponsors and they shouldn't be telling them who they can and can't have imo.

If the sponsor didn't care, I don't think Zuffa would either...problem is the big sponsors want exclusive rights. It's just the way the business works.
Subterfuge
3/24/09 5:06:45PM
I was watching the ticker the other day while WWF was on and I think there were Full Tilt ad's on it, could this be the reason?
higdon10
3/24/09 5:14:23PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Im with you.
bls1919
3/24/09 5:21:14PM
I'm with Grappler. Full Tilt probably wanted to be the only poker site metioned.
prozacnation1978
3/24/09 6:26:56PM
no big lose it's not like mma wear company