UFC Newcomer Thiago A Member Of Brazil's Elite Combat Police

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Newcomer Thiago A Member Of Brazil's Elite Combat Police
MMAcca
1/10/09 7:33:56AM
UFC newcomer Paulo Thiago is no stranger to working under intense pressure in dangerous situations.

As a member of BOPE, the military-style elite unit of Rio de Janeiro’s police force, Thiago is tasked with tackling drug gangs in the sprawling slums known as favelas.

So when he faces Josh Koscheck at UFC 95 in London next month, it will be just another day fighting in unfamiliar surroundings.

LINK
Manfred
1/10/09 11:17:36AM
Too bad "Bra Cop" doesn't sound as cool as Cro Cop.
Jackelope
1/10/09 11:58:01AM

Anyway, I think we've learned now after Ben Saunders demolished a Navy SEAL that being any kind of special forces doesn't necessarily mean you're a supreme bad ass in the octagon. No offense to these folks, of course.
Mayhem13
1/10/09 12:08:45PM
That's pretty cool and I bet dude has some crazy stories. So props to him for that.

But I still think he gets smashed at 95, by koscheck
loller90278
1/10/09 3:44:30PM

Posted by Jackelope

Anyway, I think we've learned now after Ben Saunders demolished a Navy SEAL that being any kind of special forces doesn't necessarily mean you're a supreme bad ass in the octagon. No offense to these folks, of course.

i think it would be more along the lines of SWAT, and not navy seals.
bls1919
1/10/09 8:11:24PM
I think its admorable to be part of the police but that doesn't change the fact the KOS is going to whoop his ASS!!!! Sorry man but it's a tough first fight in the UFC.
LuffyvsNog
1/10/09 9:37:30PM
Ranger Greg Stott anyone?
imanidiot777
1/10/09 11:00:21PM

Posted by Jackelope

I agree with that as far as skills, which matters more a lot more, but I doubt you could have more heart than certain military people.
Drudinh
1/12/09 7:24:49AM
Oh man city of god introduced me to what the favelas can do to people.