Newcomer Max Holloway In To Face Dustin Poirier at UFC 143

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Newcomer Max Holloway In To Face Dustin Poirier at UFC 143
BuffaloDave
1/5/12 10:07:27AM
Max Holloway comes to the UFC with an unblemished 4-0 record and at only 20 years of age, already one of the youngest competitors in the Octagon

Holloway becomes Poirier’s third opponent over just a matter of weeks. Erik Koch was originally slated to face Poirier, and after injury struck it was Ricardo Lamas.

LINK
emfleek
1/5/12 10:09:27AM
Wow. This is one heck of a debut opponent for Holloway. Jeez!
sparky
1/5/12 10:12:14AM
Welcome Holloway, here's the deep end and wait.........oh there's a shark
Wallass
1/5/12 12:05:26PM
This is card is SOOO below what Montreal has been given in the past. This will be the first Montreal show I don't attend!
FastKnockout
1/5/12 12:24:39PM
Poor kid.
Chael_Sonnen
1/5/12 12:58:55PM

Posted by Wallass

This is card is SOOO below what Montreal has been given in the past. This will be the first Montreal show I don't attend!

On paper, perhaps, but I guarantee it will still be a tremendous card.

MMA fans are soooo fickle.
Franklinfan47
1/5/12 2:04:56PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Wallass

On paper, perhaps, but I guarantee it will still be a tremendous card.

MMA fans are soooo fickle.

Not to mention this fight isnt in Montreal, its in Vegas I believe. He's thinking of UFC 145.

Definately a HUGE step down for Poirer though. Would have loved to see the Korean Zombie rise up for the fight
prozacnation1978
1/5/12 2:44:31PM
Pretty disappointed. 5 week notice and ufc comes up with a newbie. No zombie. They could have plugged in ross rearson. And this fight is gonna take up a spot on the main card
emfleek
1/5/12 2:48:39PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Pretty disappointed.

Shocker.

Chael_Sonnen
1/5/12 5:19:27PM

Pretty disappointed. 5 week notice and ufc comes up with a newbie. No zombie. They could have plugged in ross rearson. And this fight is gonna take up a spot on the main card

Debbie Downer.
Budgellism
1/5/12 6:37:51PM

Lol, I hate to be the 3rd guy to focus on this post but seriously? Do you actually like mma?
Poor_Franklin
1/5/12 7:36:49PM