UFC newcomer Ednaldo Oliveira to make promotional debut at UFC 142

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC newcomer Ednaldo Oliveira to make promotional debut at UFC 142
Budgellism
11/16/11 6:50:44PM
Ednaldo Oliveira (13-0-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is UFC bound.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with event sources that the undefeated UFC newcomer has signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC and will make his promotional debut at UFC 142 in January.

No opponent has been determined for the heavyweight fighter, who is one of current champ Junior Dos Santos' training partners.

UFC 142 takes place Jan. 14 at Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena.

The latest UFC 142 card now includes:

Champ Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes (for featherweight title)
Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
Sam Stout vs. Thiago Tavares
Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
Fabio Maldonado vs. Stanislav Nedkov
Mike Massenzio vs. Rousimar Palhares
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Erick Silva
Ednaldo Oliveira vs. TBA*

* - Not officially announced

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
11/16/11 7:15:24PM
You can only find him on sherdog with the "i" in his name. Edinaldo.

6'7", He's fought six times in 2011 with a 5-0 record (and one no-contest due to an eye poke).

Looks like he mostly has fought in Brazil against some semi-experienced competition and less exp comp.

UFC might give him another newcomer as well.

HW does need more fighters in it.
FastKnockout
11/16/11 7:20:18PM
I haven't been impressed with any of the low level heavyweights who have fought recently. The division is always in need of new blood.
Budgellism
11/16/11 7:33:53PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

It's true. The article mentions his name is spelled two different ways. Typing either one into google will get you the sherdog page though.
Twenty20Dollars
11/16/11 8:09:53PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

It's true. The article mentions his name is spelled two different ways. Typing either one into google will get you the sherdog page though.

I went to sherdog first and couldnt find it under Ednaldo, then had to search through all the Oliveira's, which is a lot. ha
Omega_8
11/16/11 8:24:07PM
Finally! ive been following this guy for a while, though ill admit that its his record that interest me the most.
prozacnation1978
11/17/11 2:05:59AM
He's fighting rob broughton