UFC: New York? Fertitta Promises A 'UFC 100-Style' Event If State Ban Is Lifted

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC: New York? Fertitta Promises A 'UFC 100-Style' Event If State Ban Is Lifted
prophecy033
3/16/12 11:22:45PM
New York, even with it's rich history with combat sports, is one of the few remaining states that still doesn't sanction Mixed Martial Arts. The UFC has been dreaming of hosting an event at the Madison Square Garden for quite some time now, and as if they needed more reason to sanction it the sport, Lorenzo Fertitta just promised to put a mega-event for their New York debut.

Link
Samps
3/17/12 12:34:44AM
Come on NY! Man, sometimes I really am embarassed to live here. And UFC doesn't have to only do MSG, how about Buffalo, Rochester, or the best, Syracuse! My backyard! Carrier Dome, 49,262 seats, sold out. If UFC goes to Rochester or Syracuse, I can guarantee at least 1 seat sold!
Twenty20Dollars
3/17/12 9:53:46AM
So a michael bisping getting KTFO?
grappler0000
3/17/12 11:33:20AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I can get on board with that.
KingCmb
3/17/12 3:19:55PM
cmon new york it cant hurt

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
pmoney
3/17/12 9:03:06PM
I personally assumed they would kick the proverbial door down when MMA is legalized in NY. And a UFC 100 type card is only fitting for the first NY show. IMO, it's got to be in MSG, and IMO, it should be a UFC on Fox show.

Just my thoughts. While I know this could be a million buy PPV event when it happens, I think putting it on free TV could be an insane move. The Garden is to boxing, and sports in general, as Wrigley Field and (old) Yankees Stadium are to baseball. The first ever UFC in NY, if stacked appropriately, at the right venue, and marketed properly, could be an event of "Rumble in the Jungle" like proportions.
jjeans
3/18/12 5:40:36AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I can get on board with that.

I too am down for Silva Bisping