New UFC game THQ coming soon.....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » New UFC game THQ coming soon.....
« Previous Page
pv3Hpv3p
2/28/07 6:38:03PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

Posted by butterballs

This must be included in the UFC game

what if that actually connected.. and salmon made evans part of his "highlight reel" (more like 1 frame) that'd be the sickest KO the world has ever seen

that kick would not have knocked anyone out. Look at it. It stops at the point of impact. Which means it was slowing down all the while.
On the other hand a LHK gains speed as it goes forward and has the momentum to carry a fighter ina spin completley around. That bicycle Kick was crap and would have only been a foot taping rashad in the face

Are you kidding? that was the most brutal kick I've ever seen (even though it didn't connect...

CroCop? Hoost? Aerts? Bonjasky? Move the F over... Sean Salmon has arrived...LOL...

Sorry I couldn't help myself... If you want my real opinion, I think he was very nervous before the fight, and his coach just said, "go out there and do something rediculous". After that he could shake of the nerves and concentrate on the fight... Kinda like imagining everyone in their underwear while giving a speach or something...
ElGuapo31
3/1/07 9:56:22AM
i still have the old pride game for PS2...and its not perfect but its a lot of fun...and if 2 people know what they are doing it can look alot like a real fight
BloodandTears
3/1/07 12:12:59PM
I've played that game on PS2, I think with new tech on x360 or ps3 it'll be hella cool. They should make a build-your-own fighter mode and let you join camps etc. Its the little things in games that make them good
JoeMimic
3/1/07 12:15:20PM
I've actually bought within the last 2 months the Pride FC game and UFC: Sudden Impact for PS2. There are elements I like about both but one of the biggest things they need to improve is the submission aspect of the game. On both games it's pretty much impossible to defend a submission against the CPU. Although when you're Royce Gracie on the Pride game you can easily submit just about anyone....That is if you don't get KO'd first because his life drains like crazy.
madmarck
3/1/07 3:15:45PM
I was driving home today and came up with a idea. To create a fighter you would have to pick a background. Either in Striking, Subs, or wrestling. Here is how i thought it should work.
A player gets 6 points. With that they can choose from the following
Striking
Muay Thai- Cost 3 points
Kickboxing- Cost 2 points
Boxing or Karate- Cost 1 point

Subs
BJJ- Cost 3 points
Sambo- Cost 2 points
Judo- Cost 1 Point

Wrestling
Freestyle- Cost 3 points
Greco-Roman- Cost 2 points
Pro Wrestling- Cost 1 point

And obviously the things that cost more points are better. And perhaps as you progress you can either advace in Area, or accquire others (ie from Kickboxing to BJJ).
You should get a character who starts out with the base in all around. And when you use your 6 points to purchase things you could open up moves\skills that you can unlock. Maybe if you didnt choose BJJ for instance you couldnt do a gogoplata, but with Sambo you are still able to do a leglock.

This is jsut off the top of my head.
shackle
3/1/07 4:35:43PM
Thats how the dreamcast version is. It got a 9.0 at gamespot it's pretty fun now too.

OLD roster though.

Posted by madmarck

I was driving home today and came up with a idea. To create a fighter you would have to pick a background. Either in Striking, Subs, or wrestling. Here is how i thought it should work.
A player gets 6 points. With that they can choose from the following
Striking
Muay Thai- Cost 3 points
Kickboxing- Cost 2 points
Boxing or Karate- Cost 1 point

Subs
BJJ- Cost 3 points
Sambo- Cost 2 points
Judo- Cost 1 Point

Wrestling
Freestyle- Cost 3 points
Greco-Roman- Cost 2 points
Pro Wrestling- Cost 1 point

And obviously the things that cost more points are better. And perhaps as you progress you can either advace in Area, or accquire others (ie from Kickboxing to BJJ).
You should get a character who starts out with the base in all around. And when you use your 6 points to purchase things you could open up moves\skills that you can unlock. Maybe if you didnt choose BJJ for instance you couldnt do a gogoplata, but with Sambo you are still able to do a leglock.

This is jsut off the top of my head.

ryderstrong69
3/5/07 8:27:41PM
even the worse UFC game was far better than any Mortal Kombat streetfighter, virtual fighter and games like that
ryderstrong69
3/5/07 8:30:49PM
i own all the UFC and pride games and while i agree that the submissions need improvement i agree for differnt reasons, i alwasys thoguth it was to easy to defend against subs and way to easy to catch punches to get out of mount positions
wkm311
3/5/07 9:50:28PM

Posted by butterballs

This must be included in the UFC game

That is hilarious...LOL...but true, it just wouldnt be a good game without it.
madmarck
3/5/07 9:53:53PM

Posted by ryderstrong69

even the worse UFC game was far better than any Mortal Kombat streetfighter, virtual fighter and games like that

Street Fighter 2 (and all its billion versions) is a wicked game! Best fight Game to date!
illinifighter
3/8/07 12:25:30AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by ryderstrong69

Street Fighter 2 (and all its billion versions) is a wicked game! Best fight Game to date!

dude i have tito vs. subzero for iceman championship and bas rutten vs. ryu for total kick ass mother fuckers. when is this shit coming out yeah
ryderstrong69
3/9/07 11:38:07PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Good to hear although all the MMA games suck hopefully this one will be good.I wish it was PRIDE not UFC but oh well.

at least any of the past UFC or Pride fighting game has been better than all the streetffghter mortal kombat and crap games like that
ryderstrong69
3/9/07 11:40:50PM
the key to a good fighting game is to keep the controls simple and basic, all this having to push left right a b up down to throw a good kick is crap and is why i hate most fighting games
FBD
3/10/07 3:50:57PM
ive always said that i dont think they can sucessfully make mma into a video game. with the last one, it was just shitty, you just hit the buttons as fast possible to win. mma is too unpredictable , its not like making a boxing game. but i will be looking forward to it, maybe they could make it like fight night.
shackle
3/10/07 6:51:19PM
Thats funny cause the dreamcast one was pretty good.

It got 9/10 and 90% at big time game reviewerslink . It's very possible to have a good mma game it's just has to be done right. Don't let the last games discourage you :)

GTA sucked till it went 3d now look at it. It just has to be done right which hasn't happen these last few games.

Posted by FBD

ive always said that i dont think they can sucessfully make mma into a video game. with the last one, it was just shitty, you just hit the buttons as fast possible to win. mma is too unpredictable , its not like making a boxing game. but i will be looking forward to it, maybe they could make it like fight night.

FBD
3/10/07 6:53:31PM

Posted by shackle

Thats funny cause the dreamcast one was pretty good.

It got 9/10 and 90% at big time game reviewerslink . It's very possible to have a good mma game it's just has to be done right. Don't let the last games discourage you :)

GTA sucked till it went 3d now look at it. It just has to be done right which hasn't happen these last few games.

Posted by FBD

yeah ive never played that one. i actually have a dreamcast though, maybe i should break that bitch out
madmarck
3/10/07 7:30:08PM

Posted by ryderstrong69

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Good to hear although all the MMA games suck hopefully this one will be good.I wish it was PRIDE not UFC but oh well.

at least any of the past UFC or Pride fighting game has been better than all the streetffghter mortal kombat and crap games like that

You Take that back. Right now. No Game is better than Street Fighter 2: the new challgers, in terms of fighting games. It reigns supreme.
Pages: 1 [2]