New UFC game THQ coming soon.....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » New UFC game THQ coming soon.....
Next Page »
shackle
2/25/07 5:01:55PM
I really can't wait for this to come out. I just hope it is great kinda like the dreamcast one or just not bad lol.

We will see, but a great MMA game would rock. I could see lots of fun action vs buddies with a good mma game :)

Still no date it's expected to come out?

WAR "good" MMA GAMES!
MattHughes
2/25/07 5:54:13PM
I cant wait for it but of course I proly wont have the right system.
shackle
2/25/07 6:28:13PM
I think it's coming out for PS3, xbox360, PC, and maybe wii

http://digitalbattle.com/2007/01/17/ufc-thq-exclusive-until-2011

Posted by MattHughes

I cant wait for it but of course I proly wont have the right system.

EEKS
2/25/07 7:33:00PM
I dont own a PS3 but i would buy one the moment it came out
SteedTheDeed
2/25/07 7:33:06PM
MMA games usually suck
ButterBalls
2/25/07 8:58:40PM
me and my roommate were just talking about this, joking about how they could make it for the Wii and you'd just wear like a Wii suit so you could fight on the ground.

I'd probably just end up looking like Sean Salmon trying to bicycle kick Rashad Evans all the time though.
shackle
2/25/07 9:23:02PM
lol... watch out you might pull a hammy haha!

Posted by butterballs

me and my roommate were just talking about this, joking about how they could make it for the Wii and you'd just wear like a Wii suit so you could fight on the ground.

I'd probably just end up looking like Sean Salmon trying to bicycle kick Rashad Evans all the time though.

ButterBalls
2/25/07 9:28:17PM
This must be included in the UFC game

ghosty82
2/25/07 10:46:56PM
Hopefully they put some effort in this time. The other UFC games were dire and were purely button bashing affairs that required little to no skill at all. I never played the PRIDE game but it looked like more of the same.

Here's hoping for something half decent this time.
Joe_Rogan
2/25/07 10:53:07PM
i disagree about the pride game. its the only mma game that i owned and havent traded back in. while its not perfect its definatly a step in the right direction. it lacks any real carrer or story mode which is very dissapointing but has an excellent create a fighter. my favorite aspect of the pride game is the instant KO which i think should be in every mma game. if you time a punch right you can end it on only one punch. it still has many of the same problems the ufc game had, like if youre weak enough the lightest jab or leg kick can knock you out. the fighter selection in the game isnt the best seeing as how old it is but it still has some good names, silva, nog, saku, ninja, arona, igor. not to mention it cost me 10 bucks to buy the game. hopefully THQ can improve on this with their new ufc game, either way ill buy it and the next one to come out since they said they will make them every year just like other companies make other sports games. very excited for this.
ManBeast
2/26/07 12:13:32AM
my biggest issue for the game would be the controls, because there is just so much you can do in MMA. It would be cool to see some fight night esque control schemes for the striking aspects but as far as the grappling and submissions apsects go..it seems like a tall order to implement.

then again THQ has made some really fun pro wrestling games so I have some faith in them.
tberg420
2/26/07 3:32:03PM
Maybe THQ will get this right but I'm positive they won't. First, they haven't made a good wrestling game in about 3 or 4 years. WWE: Here Comes The Pain was awesome but since then the games have had horrible bugs and outdated rosters. My opinion might change when I get more information on this product but until then it's probably going to be a rental. The Pride game wasn't much more then a button masher game as well. UFC on Dreamcast is where it was at.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/26/07 3:57:00PM
Good to hear although all the MMA games suck hopefully this one will be good.I wish it was PRIDE not UFC but oh well.
eaze
2/26/07 4:02:52PM
Wasn't really impressed with the Pride game either, but it's not as horrible as certain alternatives. Maybe THQ can do this good, but to be honest I'd rather see it developed by EA Sports or even Rockstar.
bayonetxwork
2/26/07 5:47:00PM
i can picture it now. im gonna be in my game room, sweating my ass of playing UFC because the god damn Wii has to be freemotion!

virtual mma training ehh?
loller90278
2/26/07 5:50:15PM

Posted by butterballs

what if that actually connected.. and salmon made evans part of his "highlight reel" (more like 1 frame) that'd be the sickest KO the world has ever seen
Rampage_Soldier
2/26/07 6:23:40PM
duplicate thread
shawneth
2/26/07 7:26:44PM
This is pretty old news but, i guess everybody doesnt find out right away. I am really hoping that this is going to be succesful. I never played the other MMA games so I cant even imagine how they can incorporate good controls for one. The ground game is so suffisticated(sp?). If Gamespot gives this game anything higher then 6.5, I am getting it. I only have a PC so ive never had the pleasure of havng an MMA game come out available to me.
Gogoplata
2/26/07 10:08:59PM
If anyone remember the nWo v. WCW games or the new line of WWE games made by THQ, they are very quality wrestling games. Controls are really smooth, really easy to pick up, not hard to do signature moves at all.

Now, that being said, MMA is quite a bit more complicated than WWE. It will be interesting to see how the company handles the control scheme and how intuitive it will be. THQ makes good games and I am looking forward to this one for sure.

WAR XBOX360!
Mantis
2/26/07 10:16:15PM
heres the article.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4191
enjoy
ButterBalls
2/26/07 10:24:40PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by butterballs

what if that actually connected.. and salmon made evans part of his "highlight reel" (more like 1 frame) that'd be the sickest KO the world has ever seen

if it actually connected (a) I doubt it would have hurt Rashad at all, and (b) Salmon probably would have just fell down. Most retarded move in MMA history.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 10:46:21PM
XBOX360 > PS3

haha..i was waiting a long time for the ps3 to come out and when it did it was sold out everywhere and i was pissed

now im glad that they were sold out...i fell for the Sony hype for a while,but now my one and only will be XBOX360 it will have all the best games

XBOX360 is like GSP(well rounded)
PS3 is like Takanori Gomi (Just Power)
shackle
2/27/07 12:21:10AM
Read my post..... I'm asking if there is a date when it's coming out, and I can't wait to play it.

I know it's old news.

Posted by shawneth

This is pretty old news but, i guess everybody doesnt find out right away. I am really hoping that this is going to be succesful. I never played the other MMA games so I cant even imagine how they can incorporate good controls for one. The ground game is so suffisticated(sp?). If Gamespot gives this game anything higher then 6.5, I am getting it. I only have a PC so ive never had the pleasure of havng an MMA game come out available to me.

Trapt1nw0nder
2/27/07 12:24:49AM

Posted by shackle

Read my post..... I'm asking if there is a date when it's coming out, and I can't wait to play it.

I know it's old news.

Posted by shawneth

dude,they just started production of it....maybe late 08 or early 09
shawneth
2/27/07 4:49:57PM

Posted by shackle

I know it's old news.

Sry... I did read your post and somehow missed that. I dont think its gonna be finished for awhile. When they announced it they haddnt even started making the game yet.
illinifighter
2/28/07 11:42:44AM
i have not played any of the new wrestling games. Can any one who played one tell me if they are able to several moves instead of the same shit over and over
BloodandTears
2/28/07 1:24:57PM
There are so many ppl that have been waiting for a "Good" MMA game. Whoever puts this out first is gonna bank! I have heard of a few different companies working on making MMA games. I cant wait!
madmarck
2/28/07 1:55:02PM

Posted by tberg420

Maybe THQ will get this right but I'm positive they won't. First, they haven't made a good wrestling game in about 3 or 4 years. WWE: Here Comes The Pain was awesome but since then the games have had horrible bugs and outdated rosters. My opinion might change when I get more information on this product but until then it's probably going to be a rental. The Pride game wasn't much more then a button masher game as well. UFC on Dreamcast is where it was at.

I cant see a UFC game having a huge roster. It just seems like there are too many different styles and skills fighters have. But to have a decent Career mode they would have to have a nice few.
I think there have been a few good WWE games. Smackdown vs Raw (1st one) was pretty good. The game before it was better IMO. I think the 2006 and 2007 version of it are far too complicated and arent has fun to play.

The hard part to makin fighting games is to try and keep them basic while at the same time putting ina million different variations on the basic things and still not complicating things.
madmarck
2/28/07 1:57:01PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by butterballs

that kick would not have knocked anyone out. Look at it. It stops at the point of impact. Which means it was slowing down all the while.
On the other hand a LHK gains speed as it goes forward and has the momentum to carry a fighter ina spin completley around. That bicycle Kick was crap and would have only been a foot taping rashad in the face
Ultimate_fighter
2/28/07 6:24:04PM
I am also really happy about the new game coming out. I owned the old UFC game, UFC Sudden Impact, and that game was a button masher but fun. I hope on the new game that it doesn't take 15 seconds to win a fight. But i hope so many fighters are on the game. I also would love to see a mode where u can create a fighter and fight with him until he is 40. I am hopeing to buy this game on the 360. Can't Wait!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: [1] 2