NEW! Tito- "I will box Dana's head for free!"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » NEW! Tito- "I will box Dana's head for free!"
randyleprechaun
3/29/07 12:41:40PM
TITOS MYSPACE BLOG

"I just got off the phone with The Scott Ferrall show( Sirius radio). He said the fight with Dana was going to be for charity! That is the first time that has ever been brought to my attention that this fight was in any way shape or form going to be viewed by the public, or any proceeds made and given to a charity house. All of my fans know that I spend a huge amount of my time dedicated to charities. I help under priveleged childred, do bi-annual blood drives and many many other things that come from my heart. This wasn't about charity. This is obviously about Dana White trying to save face. He did not want this fight to be viewed by you ( the public) for fear of being punked. I came up with the idea to box Dana, and he agreed wholeheartedly. and dealpoints were discussed. We came to the conclusion that the training would be filmed and shown on Spike TV and the fight would be aired for PPV on UFC's website and punishment.com. He then , a week before... pulled the plug, without an explaination. Well, to me THAT is punking out. And now he has the balls to try to lie and say it was initially for charity? That is LOW, VERY LOW. I have been getting paid for fighting the last 10 years. Im not going to start fighting for free now. But I will box Dana's head for free if it goes to charity. Im trying to fight for what I believe in and I get held down on a consistent basis by Dana. Jealousy? I don't know. But it isn't right. I feel sorry for all the fighters that get taken advantage of, but I will not be that guy. I have gotten quite a few very negative comments by people here on my site, and it bothers me since I really go out of my way to do the right thing, not only for me, but for my family. This is not a hobby for me, it"s my Career! PERIOD! If I don't look out for myself no one will. Love me or Hate me, I will still be fighting, kicking ass and taking names. I've been doing it for the last ten years.. and I will continue to dominate and be the best man I can be. Tito Ortiz www.PUNISHMENT.com "

I believe the fat headed one! I smell a rat and i think his names Dana! One things for sure this aint gonna go way any time soon!
Lay_N_Pray
3/29/07 1:05:38PM
It was made very clear along time ago this fight was for charity. I dont see how Tito can say he has been held down when he has had numerous chances at the LHW title and has held it in the past.

I think Tito should really close his mouth about this and focus on Rashad Evans.

I think Tito is a great guy and I am sure he does spend time with charities but he can't throw this on Dana, he needs to just focus on fighting now.
nubby
3/29/07 1:37:44PM
Please show me a souce that says the fight was for charity except out of Dana Whites Mouth?
randyleprechaun
3/29/07 1:56:46PM

Posted by nubby

Please show me a souce that says the fight was for charity except out of Dana Whites Mouth?

Exactly! Dana was looking to scam Tito! A contract needed to be drawn up and as far i am aware it was only a verbal agreement!
cowcatcher
3/29/07 2:02:53PM
i believe the boxing match was included in titos last contract, but as for the details of it, charity, broadcast, etc, im not sure if they were printed along with it. either way though tito has never been the portrait of a good guy, and even though he looked pretty good on TUF, the shamrocks are well known jerks so someone had to come out looking better. seems to me that a successful businessman like dana would have had everything in place before this fight was supposed to happen, and i guess what it all comes down to is one of these guys is lying. so is it the street thug, or the slick salesman, im thinking its a little of both but im not a fan of titos past bs so ill side with dana on this
Chec22
3/29/07 2:31:15PM
Sounds to me that if it was agreed and signed in Titos last contract, they at least agreed they were happy. Like Cowcatcher said, someones lying, and Dana has a signed contract on his side....
madmarck
3/29/07 3:01:09PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

It was made very clear along time ago this fight was for charity. I dont see how Tito can say he has been held down when he has had numerous chances at the LHW title and has held it in the past.

I think Tito should really close his mouth about this and focus on Rashad Evans.

I think Tito is a great guy and I am sure he does spend time with charities but he can't throw this on Dana, he needs to just focus on fighting now.

Yeah everyone knew it was gonna be for charity long ago.
If TITO would box for free............................... why the hell didnt he? apparently he wasnt gonna do it b/c he wasnt getting paid. Now i might be wrong but isnt that the same as free?
Trapt1nw0nder
3/29/07 3:05:45PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

If TITO would box for free............................... why the hell didnt he? apparently he wasnt gonna do it b/c he wasnt getting paid. Now i might be wrong but isnt that the same as free?

he said he would fight for free if he was sure it was for CHARITY......i dont really care...all this shit is BS anyways..lose/lose how someone mentioned on an other thread..
Mastodon2
3/29/07 3:48:56PM
To be honest, I think this is the most overbown and overtalked news in MMA right now, I dont think its anywhere near as important as its being made out to be.

But as far as my opinion on this whole deal goes, I dont really see how Tito could NOT know that this was being done for charity.
mkiv9secsupra
3/29/07 4:36:52PM
I dont really care... I know what the outcome would have been..... personally i just think they are trying to hype up a new rivalry and thats it...
nubby
3/29/07 5:04:22PM

Posted by Mastodon2

To be honest, I think this is the most overbown and overtalked news in MMA right now, I dont think its anywhere near as important as its being made out to be.

But as far as my opinion on this whole deal goes, I dont really see how Tito could NOT know that this was being done for charity.

If it was so well known, name the charity it was for. Exactly you can't and the reason you can't is because the only one who said it was for charity was Dana White and that was after Tito didn't show up.
Stickan
3/29/07 6:31:36PM

Posted by randyleprechaun

Posted by nubby

Exactly! Dana was looking to scam Tito! A contract needed to be drawn up and as far i am aware it was only a verbal agreement!

How could we know and Tito not. Tito's the bullshitter here.
nubby
3/29/07 7:21:07PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by randyleprechaun

Posted by nubby

How could we know and Tito not. Tito's the bullshitter here.

Again you are dodgin my question here, show me an official source other than Dana White's words after the fight was cancelled where it was said this fight would be for charity. Please. It may exist but I sure as hell never read a single thing about it until after Tito neglected to show for weigh ins. Did I know about the fight? Yes, it was well known the fight was going to happen, but it was also made clear that the fight was a stipulation of Tito's contract and it was always stated that the fight was to settle differences between Tito and Dana.
gimmper
3/29/07 7:25:58PM
forget about the details...lets talk outcome if it did happen....bottom line Tito is not a pugalist...he is a mixed martial artist and good at that...Tito had too much to lose by taking this fight... he would have been out of his element and possible lost. Dana would have held that over Tito's head for life and Tito's reputation would have been shattered....Tito was wise not taking the fight
hippysmacker
3/29/07 7:55:47PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Everything I heard was for charity. Dana said it on UFC all access. So since it was all on TV, I think Tito was just trying to get some money out of it. He's appears to be backpedaling now. I guess no one knows for sure but God, Tito, and Dana. Still, the evidence points to a Tito fib to me.
ButterBalls
3/29/07 9:48:34PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Everything I heard was for charity. Dana said it on UFC all access. So since it was all on TV, I think Tito was just trying to get some money out of it. He's appears to be backpedaling now. I guess no one knows for sure but God, Tito, and Dana. Still, the evidence points to a Tito fib to me.

agreed, I heard it was for charity months ago. It was on UFC.com.
deadcore
3/30/07 1:36:35AM
tito pussed out
snakeplissken
3/30/07 2:30:13AM
Bottom Line Tito knew he was in a lose lose situation so he figured out some excuse... Or maybe he was just spending some 'quality time' with his lady....
CWall33
3/30/07 9:08:15AM
Tito is in this for the money. That was pretty clear after the hug-fest at the end of the last tito/shamrock fight when they practically made out while gushing about how much money they both had made.

I'm sure his girl-friend, who happens to be a pretty successful businesswoman, had some influence in this decision to pull out (pun intended) of the fight.

Do I blame him for not wanting to fight for free? No.
Does he look like a major tool now? Yes.
madmarck
3/30/07 9:59:45AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I dont really care... I know what the outcome would have been..... personally i just think they are trying to hype up a new rivalry and thats it...

Between the president of a company and one of its stars?

Reminds me of the days when i used to watch WWE. Wonder if Vince has taught Dana the low blow.

I get the feeling this match will be very uneventful. probably a 3 round draw.
nubby
3/30/07 8:50:07PM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2369&zoneid=13
Ok I'll admit Dana mentioned the possiblitiy of having the proceeds go to charity but he also said the fight was going to be in private. Read the article see what you think.
ButterBalls
3/30/07 10:11:29PM
http://insidefights.insidepulse.com/articles/65481/2007/03/06/5oz-of-fury-tito-ortiz-vs-dana-whitefinally.html

clearly states proceeds going to charity, dated 3-6-07

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3542&zoneid=7

also 3-6-07.

It seems like everyone but Tito knew it was for charity. Interesting.
nubby
3/31/07 3:33:21AM
Can we find anything earlier than march?
moob
4/1/07 12:19:32PM
It's pretty evident that Tito has tried to weasel out of this one by releasing contradictory statements - too many slaps to the head perhaps.

Whether or not the press releases were dated for this or that date is immaterial - it was broadcast on tv preceeding the fight - I think that's enough evidence for anyone.
nubby
4/1/07 3:44:38PM

Posted by moob

It's pretty evident that Tito has tried to weasel out of this one by releasing contradictory statements - too many slaps to the head perhaps.

Whether or not the press releases were dated for this or that date is immaterial - it was broadcast on tv preceeding the fight - I think that's enough evidence for anyone.

I don't really think its enough evidence because we have no idea what Tito's training and schedules are. Does Tito even watch TV? No one knows that kind of crap but him and the people close to him so to say that TV is evidence, it's just bullshit. They should have put it in the contract.
ButterBalls
4/1/07 11:33:00PM

Posted by nubby

Can we find anything earlier than march?

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2369&zoneid=3

How about December 2006?
nubby
4/2/07 2:10:12AM
Yup, that does it.
moob
4/2/07 11:26:56AM
I really dunno why you're so vociferous in Tito's defence here...

Bottom line is, yes, it should have been in a contract - but would there even be a contract if the proceeds were to goto a charity in the 1st place - given no appearence fees etc. However, if it did ever go into a court of law, I would imagine a televised 'evidence' would carry a more legitimate claim than a webpage...