The New System

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » The New System
aznteabagger
6/18/07 1:05:57PM
i think they should bring back the old system where you send people wagers because:
it give you bragging rights when you take your friend's money

but the money that you earn from other accounts won't count in the Top Earner part to level the playing field

Posted by nellyhiphophead

well made my wagers i'll see you guys saterday night to see how i did and make my wagers for ufc 73. wow i get to spend 5 mins on here now and get everything done. now i don't have to spend anytime on the websight. great way to keep ppl comign back to the sight and stayign on it and posting on the forums.

nellyhiphophead
6/18/07 1:14:12PM
well you know how i feel the same. like they put up that poll a long time ag and it came back that it was all split of what ppl wanted so why did they change it. its not like a everyone wanted it changed.
aznteabagger
6/18/07 1:16:42PM
exactly, not alot of people like changes, im one of them when it comes to certain things and this is one of em...

i didnt mind waiting for people to reply your wager proposal because at the end of the day when they finally accepted you feel good 'cause it's like "yesss, he finally accepted and now i'm going to take his money"
gutoo
6/18/07 5:01:25PM
i dont understand one thing, in the favourite fighter I put, ecxample I think silva will win i pick -100 and nate will lose i pick +50, the minus (-) i put on the favourite fighter?
rcg916
6/18/07 5:04:46PM
Theres a great explanation of the odds on that same page. Also, I dont think that the poll was a negotiation between us and the people who run the site. Im pretty sure it was a necessary step for the longevity of the site.

If everyone was honest, the other way would be better. But they arent.
ProfessorChaos
6/18/07 5:21:16PM

Posted by aznteabagger

i think they should bring back the old system where you send people wagers because:
it give you bragging rights when you take your friend's mone

If you want bragging rights then tell them to look at the leaderboard when you win.
johnafirth
6/18/07 5:23:38PM
I had a load bet on Rashad. I'm a bit annoyed that that all got wiped.
gutoo
6/18/07 5:24:05PM
I from brazil but i dont understand the system,If i pick nate for the winner i to put example -100 the minus(-) will be the favourite fighter and the (+) is the loser? thanks everyone
richieb19
6/18/07 5:32:14PM
The reason for the change is because there was plenty of wagering fraud going on with people having multiple accounts, also this manner is much more realistic and it also makes it fair as far as odds for everyone.

The system works as follows:

+ indicates that the fighter is the underdog, so if he is given odds of +250, basically for every $100 you bet, you will win your $100 back plus another $250.

- indicates that the fighter is the favorite, so if he is given odds of -250, basically for every $250 you bet, you will win $100.

...simple enough really. If you guys have any more questions, don't be shy to ask or pm me...
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 5:34:42PM
Just try and plug in some numbers, and what you are going to make / lose pops up right next to it...

I wasn't familiar with it either... Basically if look at the under dog, lets say Evans against Huerta... Evans is a +900, which means 9:1 odds... You'll get 9 for every 1$ you wager if he wins...

On the other hand if you look at the favorites, they are almost like reverse odds... Since Huerta is at a -850, you would have to wager 850$ to win 100...

I hope that helps a little... It was a little confusing for me, but after you mess around with the new system, it really isn't that complicated

EDIT: Sorry about the double post, Richie beat me to it... And his is probably a lot easier to follow than some half-drunk Polish guys
richieb19
6/18/07 5:44:10PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Just try and plug in some numbers, and what you are going to make / lose pops up right next to it...

I wasn't familiar with it either... Basically if look at the under dog, lets say Evans against Huerta... Evans is a +900, which means 9:1 odds... You'll get 9 for every 1$ you wager if he wins...

On the other hand if you look at the favorites, they are almost like reverse odds... Since Huerta is at a -850, you would have to wager 850$ to win 100...

I hope that helps a little... It was a little confusing for me, but after you mess around with the new system, it really isn't that complicated

EDIT: Sorry about the double post, Richie beat me to it... And his is probably a lot easier to follow than some half-drunk Polish guys

I didn't know you where polish... but I'm a half-drunk French Canadian, maybe were related...
CornishMMA
6/18/07 5:54:18PM

Yeah its actually very easy to understand, much easier than the last system anyway

I really didnt like it at first but am warming to it, just worried about losing money and then not being able to do it much - do we still get $$$ for getting picks etc correct???????? if so why cant it be more? like $50 for the right winner up to $100 for a perfect pick
DoTheMMAth
6/18/07 5:57:38PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Yeah its actually very easy to understand, much easier than the last system anyway

I really didnt like it at first but am warming to it, just worried about losing money and then not being able to do it much - do we still get $$$ for getting picks etc correct???????? if so why cant it be more? like $50 for the right winner up to $100 for a perfect pick

Yes, you still earn money from making correct picks, but the amounts are the same as last season. Everyone is starting out with $1,000 rather than $500 though, so hopefully there will be more money to work with to spread your picks out so as to avoid having to spend an event or two "re-charging" with correct pick bonuses if you happen to go all wrong.
The_Metal_Maniac
6/18/07 6:22:31PM
I love the new system. Now everyone can get wagers in, before it took forever to get someone to accept a wager. More realistic
Believe-in-judo81
6/18/07 8:03:30PM
I think the line betting system is nice, much quicker and easier, and I'm sure less of a headache for the mods. But I do miss the personal competition feeling of the old sending system.... so I'm kind of torn, but overall I think the change is for the better.
punkrockike
6/19/07 12:09:36AM
then just go bet on the house and win your load back. whats the big deal?
ac_gi
6/19/07 3:24:43AM
The new system is great. Betting against the line is a more realistic betting system anyway. I applaud the site for finding a way to take away the fraudulent players and keep a competitive system in place. Props to all involved, and I hope MMAPlayground continues to grow.
tylerdurdin83
6/21/07 12:04:06PM
I'm not 100% sure but I placed bets a couple days ago with some good odds and I looked again a couple days later and I pretty sure the odds changed and by bets changed along with them. I wasnt really paying that much attention when I placed the first bets but if it is true then that is stupid. Shouldn't my odds be locked once I place my bets and lock them up. I e-mailed the admisnstrator and they told me. "Thank you for your feedback on our FREE mma game." and I told them "Thank you for your FREE feedback". MANNY G is taken it via UD.
tepid55
6/21/07 1:40:49PM
The odds don't lock out until the event locks out.