New Strikeforce champ "Babalu" Sobral seeks "dessert" with Tito Ortiz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » New Strikeforce champ "Babalu" Sobral seeks "dessert" with Tito Ortiz
MMAcca
11/24/08 1:18:59PM
One time UFC light-heavyweight contender Renato "Babalu" Sobral is undoubtedly one of the top 205-pound fighters outside of the world's largest promotion.

After a TKO win over former champ Bobby Southworth at Friday's "Strikeforce: Destruction" earned the Brazilian the Strikeforce title, Sobral credited sacrifice for his win.

"People just see on the stage, or watching TV, they see good fighters beating up on each other," Sobral said at the event's post-fight press conference. "They don't realize it comes from hard training.

LINK
haggiswashere
11/24/08 1:19:34PM
That would be friggin sweet!
Darnok
11/24/08 1:36:22PM
Although I would love to see this fight, I would be surprised to see Tito agree to it. At least not right away.
jahdoug
11/24/08 3:00:19PM
Given his surgery i doubt tito would like to face such a good wrestler which would mean a lot of TD attempts. Then again, theres the ego factor.
cmb19932
11/24/08 3:02:02PM
as long as tito gets paid what he wants he will fight any1 at this point
Twenty20Dollars
11/24/08 3:31:58PM
tito wont take this fight because he knows he has a good chance at losing considering he has a draw and loss in his last two fights.
casey64
11/24/08 4:53:28PM
I would love to see Babalu submit Tito, what a site.
haggiswashere
11/24/08 5:48:19PM
Does Babalu have decent subs from his back?
jae_1833
11/24/08 9:22:23PM
Not Aoki good, but they are all right....basically if Babalu gets on the ground with Tito I see him pulling a reversal. Sub from the top, or GNP.....both make me a very happy man!!!
jakeiceman
11/24/08 9:27:45PM
Tito will win if it happens!!!!!

I hate Tito.....but he will
bls1919
11/24/08 9:41:17PM
I think Tito's ego will surprise us all. He will take this fight as long as all of the benjamins line up. He will underestimate Sobral like he does with most of his oppenents and most likely lose by TKO. War Babalu (if it happens)
juanez13
11/24/08 9:42:40PM
Yea I'd put my money on Tito if this fight were to happen.
quezocrema0032
11/24/08 10:29:33PM

Posted by jae_1833

Not Aoki good, but they are all right....basically if Babalu gets on the ground with Tito I see him pulling a reversal. Sub from the top, or GNP.....both make me a very happy man!!!

kinda wishfull thinking ? lol i like bablu but titos never been subbed when hes on top and ive never seen him get reveersed ... i see tito destorying bablus face from inside bablus gard ... but bablu might be the best submission guy hes fought ... still really confident in tito
jae_1833
11/25/08 12:58:34AM
Missed what I meant a little....Babalu won't get a sub from the bottom, I think he will reverse positions on Tito ....end up on top and then finish with a dominant position submission. Head and arm triangle, or some kind of arm lock....maybe even GNP .....that is what I meant. I know it will be closer than I think right now (neither is that great really) but I really dislike Tito nowadays and have always really liked Babalu.....even through the Heath debacle. Plus Babalu's been asking for this fight for a couple of years now and UFC never made it happen...I think there is some sort of personal issue here for Bablu, unfinished business, you know.