here is a new spin, have the last event of the season be a triple point fight!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » here is a new spin, have the last event of the season be a triple point fight!!
prozacnation1978
5/22/08 4:01:06PM
with the hot bouts doubling your points,
why not have the last event of every season have the hot bout not double but triple the points!!!!

it seems kind of cool to me, one last push to grab those points before season is over!!!!!!
holt8081
5/22/08 4:18:17PM
ya or even once during the season sometime.
aaa9erh8er
5/22/08 4:28:16PM
i agree. but ti think it would also be more suspence full you dont no who was top leader untill the very last fight it could all change. i think its a interesting idea you should bring up to the powers that be
B_Goetz
5/23/08 3:03:07AM
That would tend to reward luck over consistency.
Svartorm
5/23/08 5:23:17AM
Yeah, having the last event hinge on one fight would be kind of brutal. It already is with the hot bout the way it is anyways. If you miss it, it gives your competition the chance at 22 points you can't get, and thats huge in the upper tiers of players.

When the site first started, we actually had two hot bouts per card, but it was quickly scrapped because if you missed both fights, you were basically screwed for the whole event, and if someone nailed both, no matter what they called on the others, they were doing very well.

The only reason we even have the hot bout is because it breaks up scoring deadlocks better than anything that was run in simulations.
emfleek
5/23/08 9:33:42AM

Posted by B_Goetz

That would tend to reward luck over consistency.

Thank you. I was about to type the exact same thing.

Consistency > Luck
wolfman
5/23/08 12:06:28PM
Yeah, I agree with the others who stated it would be more excessive and reward luck over consistency.