New Paulo Filho Interview

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » New Paulo Filho Interview
duggy
9/15/07 1:58:28AM
Short but to the point interview with the WEC 185 lb champ. He talks about wanting to move up in weight and calls out Doug Marshall for his 205 belt, and evetually fighting the best like rampage, hendo and shogun. He even mentions wanting a crack at a heavyweight.

tatame.com
roman
9/15/07 3:16:00AM
If anyone is cocky it's Filho. That being said I think he would sub Marshall in the first.
HulkRage
9/15/07 11:09:06AM
IMO I think this is a bad move on his part, he will do well as a LHW, he will sub Marshall, then what? I do not belive he will do as well in the UFC LHW div., he should stay at middle and dominate along side his team mate.
Aether
9/15/07 3:10:11PM
hmmm I'm pretty sure he could hold any belt he wants in the WEC, but I think the UFC would be a different story. I would give him a solid chance at beating anderson but I don't see him beating fighters like Rampage and Shogun and I think he is too small to be very competitive at HW. Imagine someone as short as Paulo trying to shoot in on Big Tim... I don't think being a 5'8" heavyweight would work out too well. Though he would be ridiculously strong if he fought at that weight.
kaduey
9/15/07 4:14:08PM
Man, BTT is losing all of their top guys. I wonder what's going on.
JimiMak
9/15/07 5:02:39PM

Posted by Aether

hmmm I'm pretty sure he could hold any belt he wants in the WEC, but I think the UFC would be a different story. I would give him a solid chance at beating anderson but I don't see him beating fighters like Rampage and Shogun and I think he is too small to be very competitive at HW. Imagine someone as short as Paulo trying to shoot in on Big Tim... I don't think being a 5'8" heavyweight would work out too well. Though he would be ridiculously strong if he fought at that weight.

Pretty much what I was thinking.
HulkRage
9/15/07 6:21:17PM
No way he could hang with the Big Boys of the heavyweight div.
loonytnt
9/15/07 10:37:30PM
if he fights at 185 and then fights a guy at 255 thats a lot of weight, idc how good you are that is hard to overcome, and this thing about fightin rampage i think he is tryin to hype it up so he can have a nice payday but thats just IMO
jae_1833
9/16/07 12:33:28AM
He would definately defeat Rhino....but I think HW would be terrible. He would lose some speed, and explosiveness that makes him fight the way he does. I don't think 205 would be a problem though...he is just too short to be a good HW.