What TV Shows Do You Like? New or Old

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What TV Shows Do You Like? New or Old
« Previous Page
JLS1980
10/29/12 11:18:03PM

Posted by Cooler

I guess I'll be the downer in the thread lol. Following television shows is a bit slavish in nature and cable is quite a waste of money especially when there are TV shows streaming on the internet for free. I always feel like I could be doing something more constructive and positive in the world than pretending I am relating with made up scenarios and characters. I will watch whatever the girlfriend or friends want to watch, but I do so in moderation. Mostly I find ritual TV viewing to be a big exercise in doing nothing and feeling comfortable doing so. Personally I would rather be learning lots of new things everyday or helping people and animals than frittering my time away on actors in pretend land.

Also I can't stand how much dialog is in most movies and TV, so much face time not enough action. Another thing is where are the outer space TV shows and movies? Do most people still not care about space yet? when we've found the first Earth like planet recently. With all the crap that goes through Hollywood and TV executives desks every year and they keep pumping out the same old TV shows and movies about reality shows and vampires... To answer the topic though, Family Guy is usually always great when I catch it.

I just had to get that out of the way first. The Topic to: What TV Shows Do You Like? New or Old? You hit the nail on the head Cooler when you said you'd be the downer of this thread.
JLS1980
10/29/12 11:25:58PM
Current shows that I watch:
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
American Horror Story
Tosh.O (Hilarious)
The League (Bubbles just put me up on that)
TUF+Smashes
The Voice (yeah yeah I said it the voice)

Old shows:
Nip Tuck
Sopranos
The Shield
Married w/ Children
The Fresh Prince
King of Queens

Shows that I want to watch because I've heard great things about:
Impractical Jokers
Eastbound and Down

I know I'm forgetting something plus I'll leave out all of the Nick Jr and Sprout shows that my 3 yr old watches.

ThaAxeMurderer7
10/29/12 11:54:00PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

i got the complete series of the golden girl on dvd

Its shit like this that makes me proud to call you MY friend.

Thank you for being a friend

R.I.P to my girls Estelle, Bea and Rue.
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/30/12 12:20:42AM
Now:
- Dexter
- South Park
- Ghost Hunters

Back then:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Ghostbusters
- Cops
- X-Files
- Beavis and Butthead
- Daria
- Saved by the Bell (the original, not the new class bullshit)
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- Unsolved Mysteries
- Married with Children
- Scooby Doo
- The O.C. (facepalm)
- Home Improvement
- Alvin and the Chipmunks
Cooler
10/30/12 12:22:52AM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Cooler

I guess I'll be the downer in the thread lol. Following television shows is a bit slavish in nature and cable is quite a waste of money especially when there are TV shows streaming on the internet for free. I always feel like I could be doing something more constructive and positive in the world than pretending I am relating with made up scenarios and characters. I will watch whatever the girlfriend or friends want to watch, but I do so in moderation. Mostly I find ritual TV viewing to be a big exercise in doing nothing and feeling comfortable doing so. Personally I would rather be learning lots of new things everyday or helping people and animals than frittering my time away on actors in pretend land.

Also I can't stand how much dialog is in most movies and TV, so much face time not enough action. Another thing is where are the outer space TV shows and movies? Do most people still not care about space yet? when we've found the first Earth like planet recently. With all the crap that goes through Hollywood and TV executives desks every year and they keep pumping out the same old TV shows and movies about reality shows and vampires... To answer the topic though, Family Guy is usually always great when I catch it.

I just had to get that out of the way first. The Topic to: What TV Shows Do You Like? New or Old? You hit the nail on the head Cooler when you said you'd be the downer of this thread.

I already acknowledged that it was off topic...2 pages back.
Cooler
10/30/12 12:23:35AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7
- Ghost Hunters

For the comedy?
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/30/12 12:28:31AM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7
- Ghost Hunters

For the comedy?

For the all around entertainment value
infestructure
10/30/12 2:32:25AM
The X files was the first thing I watched religiously (hehe)
Bubbles
10/30/12 9:30:15AM
5 pages and not one mention of Honey Boo Boo?
Budgellism
11/4/12 10:06:55PM
I just started watching impractical jokers because of this thread. Let me just say thank you to all of you that mentioned it. It's hilarious.
Pages: 1 2 [3]