What TV Shows Do You Like? New or Old

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What TV Shows Do You Like? New or Old
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Cooler
10/27/12 8:37:57PM
I guess I'll be the downer in the thread lol. Following television shows is a bit slavish in nature and cable is quite a waste of money especially when there are TV shows streaming on the internet for free. I always feel like I could be doing something more constructive and positive in the world than pretending I am relating with made up scenarios and characters. I will watch whatever the girlfriend or friends want to watch, but I do so in moderation. Mostly I find ritual TV viewing to be a big exercise in doing nothing and feeling comfortable doing so. Personally I would rather be learning lots of new things everyday or helping people and animals than frittering my time away on actors in pretend land.

Also I can't stand how much dialog is in most movies and TV, so much face time not enough action. Another thing is where are the outer space TV shows and movies? Do most people still not care about space yet? when we've found the first Earth like planet recently. With all the crap that goes through Hollywood and TV executives desks every year and they keep pumping out the same old TV shows and movies about reality shows and vampires... To answer the topic though, Family Guy is usually always great when I catch it.
Biggavelli
10/27/12 8:48:59PM

Posted by Cooler

I guess I'll be the downer in the thread lol. Following television shows is a bit slavish in nature and cable is quite a waste of money especially when there are TV shows streaming on the internet for free. I always feel like I could be doing something more constructive and positive in the world than pretending I am relating with made up scenarios and characters. I will watch whatever the girlfriend or friends want to watch, but I do so in moderation. Mostly I find ritual TV viewing to be a big exercise in doing nothing and feeling comfortable doing so. Personally I would rather be learning lots of new things everyday or helping people and animals than frittering my time away on actors in pretend land.

Also I can't stand how much dialog is in most movies and TV, so much face time not enough action. Another thing is where are the outer space TV shows and movies? Do most people still not care about space yet? when we've found the first Earth like planet recently. With all the crap that goes through Hollywood and TV executives desks every year and they keep pumping out the same old TV shows and movies about reality shows and vampires... To answer the topic though, Family Guy is usually always great when I catch it.

postman
10/27/12 9:09:31PM

Posted by Cooler

Good thing you found the time to get on the internet and write a book about how TV wastes time.

Dexter
Weeds
Episodes
The Wire
Oz
Entoruage
Generation Kill
The Glades
Burn Notice
Scandal
Boardwalk Empire
Biggavelli
10/27/12 9:13:45PM

Good thing you found the time to get on the internet and write a book about how TV wastes time.

Thats what Im saying. Plus the topic wasn't what do you hate about TV
infestructure
10/28/12 1:14:15AM

Posted by postman

Posted by Cooler

Good call postman. People who whine about other's opinions need to worry more about themselves.
Chael_Sonnen
10/28/12 1:39:27AM
Today
Boardwalk Empire - - - greatest show currently on television.
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
CNN
FOX News

Back in the day......
The Sopranos
ABC News
cowcatcher
10/28/12 3:00:23AM

Posted by Cooler

The things you say make you look like a first year college student that gets an idea or two in his head and run with them with blinders on.

Buddy, you have a lot to learn about a lot of things, and I hope you open your mind at some point and quit playing the holier than thou card all the time because you actually seem fairly bright...just not as bright as you think you are. Some smarts + grabbing on to one thought and clinging too strongly = not smart enough to learn anything else. I honestly believe you can do better, and I'm not ripping on you, I'm seriously trying to give you constructive criticism(even though I threw a few jabs in there). I'm by no means the pillar of genius, but I think I've learned enough to know that nothing is as cut and dried as you make it out to be. Relax a little, quit pooping on parades, and let other peoples' views in, you might be pleasantly surprised.
Cooler
10/28/12 4:02:26AM

Posted by postman

Posted by Cooler

Dexter
Weeds
Episodes
The Wire
Oz
Entoruage
Generation Kill
The Glades
Burn Notice
Scandal
Boardwalk Empire

A book? thanks for the compliment
Cooler
10/28/12 4:11:53AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Cooler

The things you say make you look like a first year college student that gets an idea or two in his head and run with them with blinders on.

Buddy, you have a lot to learn about a lot of things, and I hope you open your mind at some point and quit playing the holier than thou card all the time because you actually seem fairly bright...just not as bright as you think you are. Some smarts + grabbing on to one thought and clinging too strongly = not smart enough to learn anything else. I honestly believe you can do better, and I'm not ripping on you, I'm seriously trying to give you constructive criticism(even though I threw a few jabs in there). I'm by no means the pillar of genius, but I think I've learned enough to know that nothing is as cut and dried as you make it out to be. Relax a little, quit pooping on parades, and let other peoples' views in, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I thank you for your criticism and are more than willing to re-evaluate things objectively about myself. We are an evolving species, works in progress and if I'm wrong I'm okay with being being turned with the evidence... And yes, my post was not suited for this thread, my apologies. Let's keep the thread going and forget my post.

cowcatcher
10/28/12 10:23:44AM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Cooler

I thank you for your criticism and are more than willing to re-evaluate things objectively about myself. We are an evolving species, works in progress and if I'm wrong I'm okay with being being turned with the evidence... And yes, my post was not suited for this thread, my apologies. Let's keep the thread going and forget my post.

I didn't mean to come off so preachy or holier than thou myself there. Good on you for being cool about it.
Biggavelli
10/28/12 11:56:45AM
I just downloaded Breaking Bad and Im gonna start watching it. I have seen a little before, I think I started wacthing the first few episodes awhile back but got distracted and stopped. I remember them having that guy in the basement but thats as far as I got the first time around, but here we go I got four seasons to watch!
BuffaloDave
10/28/12 12:06:26PM
Running Now

Breaking Bad
Gold Rush
Call of the Wildman
Jersey Shore
Hell's Kitchen
Kitchen Nightmares
Deadliest Catch
Auction Kings
Fast and Loud
South Park
Eastbound & Down
Big Bang Theory

Shows that are over

Lost
Sopranos
Entourage
Roseanne
That 70's Show
Married with Children
Home Improvement
King of the Hill
Fresh Prince
My Name is Earl

Biggavelli
10/28/12 12:23:56PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Running Now

Breaking Bad
Gold Rush
Call of the Wildman
Jersey Shore
Hell's Kitchen
Kitchen Nightmares
Deadliest Catch
Auction Kings
Fast and Loud
South Park
Eastbound & Down
Big Bang Theory

Shows that are over

Lost
Sopranos
Entourage
Roseanne
That 70's Show
Married with Children
Home Improvement
King of the Hill
Fresh Prince
My Name is Earl

Eastbound & Down that show is hilarious, I cant believe I forgot about that one!
thevoodooninja
10/28/12 12:30:00PM
i got the complete series of the golden girl on dvd
Budgellism
10/28/12 1:24:05PM

Posted by Biggavelli

Posted by BuffaloDave

Running Now

Breaking Bad
Gold Rush
Call of the Wildman
Jersey Shore
Hell's Kitchen
Kitchen Nightmares
Deadliest Catch
Auction Kings
Fast and Loud
South Park
Eastbound & Down
Big Bang Theory

Shows that are over

Lost
Sopranos
Entourage
Roseanne
That 70's Show
Married with Children
Home Improvement
King of the Hill
Fresh Prince
My Name is Earl

Eastbound & Down that show is hilarious, I cant believe I forgot about that one!

As more people write lists I realize how many shows I forgot. I loved Entourage and Eastbound and Down as well. Lost was good until the end and of course, That 70s show was good too (one of my favourite sitcoms). Newsradio as well.
Biggavelli
10/28/12 1:43:46PM

As more people write lists I realize how many shows I forgot. I loved Entourage and Eastbound and Down as well. Lost was good until the end and of course, That 70s show was good too (one of my favourite sitcoms). Newsradio as well.

Same here, you just mentioned another one of my favorite shows I forgot about, Entourage. I dont know how I forgot that one!
prozacnation1978
10/28/12 2:24:02PM
I never missed a x file episode.
Best tv show
postman
10/28/12 2:43:06PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I never missed a x file episode.
Best tv show

I can see that
BuffaloDave
10/28/12 4:55:57PM
Forgot to mention Revolution, as a show I watch now.
Shawn91111
10/28/12 5:00:47PM
Cant believe I forgot Curb Your Enthusiasm
prophecy033
10/28/12 5:25:17PM
Now
Dexter
Weeds
The Walking Dead

Yesteryear
Six Feet Under
Eastbound and Down
Quantum Leap
Malcom in the Middle
Shawn91111
10/28/12 5:34:01PM

Posted by prophecy033

Now
Dexter
Weeds
The Walking Dead

Yesteryear
Six Feet Under
Eastbound and Down
Quantum Leap
Malcom in the Middle

Eastbound and Down is coming back for Season 4
Biggavelli
10/28/12 5:55:49PM

Biggavelli
10/29/12 6:04:53PM
Anyone watch the G.I. Joe TV show back in the day? I used to get out all my figures and play while I watched it, those were good times!
Shawn91111
10/29/12 7:04:55PM

Posted by Biggavelli

Anyone watch the G.I. Joe TV show back in the day? I used to get out all my figures and play while I watched it, those were good times!

Quick Kick vs Storm Shadow was the shit

Biggavelli
10/29/12 7:07:25PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Biggavelli

Quick Kick vs Storm Shadow was the shit

You know whats up!
Bubbles
10/29/12 7:54:53PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I didnt know they even did a season 3
Bubbles
10/29/12 8:05:13PM

Posted by Biggavelli

I just downloaded Breaking Bad and Im gonna start watching it. I have seen a little before, I think I started wacthing the first few episodes awhile back but got distracted and stopped. I remember them having that guy in the basement but thats as far as I got the first time around, but here we go I got four seasons to watch!

the next episode is the one that got me hooked on this series. It's a little slow moving at times, but holy shit what a series
Bubbles
10/29/12 8:09:08PM
I purposely waited so I can see if I missed any...and I bet I'm still missing a bunch

NEW (as in still running)
Sports
Breaking Bad
Dexter
The League
Burn Notice
Archer
The Office
Modern Family
Covert Affairs
South Park
Community
Jersey Shore
Family Guy
Supernatural
Two and a Half Men
Eastbound and Down

OLD (as in series is over)
Trailer Park Boys
Married With Children
Weeds
LOST
X-files
Everybody Loves Raymond
Happy Days
All in the Family
Hells Kitchen
King of Queens
Seinfeld
That 70s Show
Dragonball Z
Batman (Adam West series)
House
Fresh Prince
Biggavelli
10/29/12 8:19:40PM

Posted by Bubbles

I purposely waited so I can see if I missed any...and I bet I'm still missing a bunch

NEW (as in still running)
Sports
Breaking Bad
Dexter
The League
Burn Notice
Archer
The Office
Modern Family
Covert Affairs
South Park
Community
Jersey Shore
Family Guy
Supernatural
Two and a Half Men
Eastbound and Down

OLD (as in series is over)
Trailer Park Boys
Married With Children
Weeds
LOST
X-files
Everybody Loves Raymond
Happy Days
All in the Family
Hells Kitchen
King of Queens
Seinfeld
That 70s Show
Dragonball Z
Batman (Adam West series)
House
Fresh Prince

Adam West Batman I haven't seen that in a long time. I tried to download some awhile back but it didn't work. I need to just try and buy it online somewhere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3