NEW!..Nick Diaz talks victory over Gomi....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » NEW!..Nick Diaz talks victory over Gomi....
POLL: will Nick Diaz beat Gomi again?
Yes 53% (20)
No 39% (15)
Tough Call 8% (3)
Trapt1nw0nder
3/2/07 8:18:01AM
Nick Diaz talks about his Victory over Takanori Gomi

from NickDiaz.tv

i didnt think Nick Diaz was so health conscious....

he also says he wants the rematch with gomi to make up for his sloppiness in the ring...and promises he wont be caught with any crazy over-hand punches int he rematch!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Stickan
3/2/07 8:23:33AM
Good interview. Thanks.

I think the rematch will be quite similar to their first bout except maybe Diaz finishes Gomi on the feet. 10 minutes is a looong time.
Ydoc
3/2/07 10:00:31AM

Posted by Stickan
I think the rematch will be quite similar to their first bout except maybe Diaz finishes Gomi on the feet. 10 minutes is a looong time.

Ditto. The only thing that bothers me about the rematch is I won't get awesome odds on Diaz like last time.
loller90278
3/2/07 12:14:48PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Stickan

Ditto. The only thing that bothers me about the rematch is I won't get awesome odds on Diaz like last time.

i'll take your bet dont worry. name your odds
Trapt1nw0nder
3/2/07 12:19:10PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Stickan

i'll take your bet dont worry. name your odds

i want your money too....me and Ydoc..half and half

loller90278
3/2/07 12:24:41PM
you got it bud!
BloodandTears
3/2/07 12:55:00PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Stickan

LOL... yeh you banked last time Ydoc. Good job, but I'll have my money on Gomi again! Save some for that bet alright?
Stickan
3/2/07 1:27:47PM
eeeey what about me? I'll bet my whole million (by then) on Diaz...
hcazlekker
3/2/07 5:42:26PM
Gomi takes it next time. Guaranteed.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/2/07 5:51:26PM

Posted by hcazlekker

I though you were my boy!...didnt you pick Diaz to win the first?

you jumping ship now?

to me the only way Gomi can win is with a cut stoppage.....not even Robbie Lawler stunned Diaz with a right hook -flying Knee to the chin....so no lightweight has the power to knock him out
hippysmacker
3/2/07 6:23:02PM
You know I always thought if DIaz was ever calm in a interview that he would be more cognizant. He always seemed so pumped and hyper. I figured that was the reason he always seemed be so aimless in interviews. Bouncing from random thought to thought. I don't know if he was just sedated, tired,nervous, or chilled out. I do know, even relaxed , he still seemed to be rambling still to me. Maybe it was the way it was edited, but that interview was almost painful to watch for me.
hcazlekker
3/4/07 7:23:43PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hcazlekker

I though you were my boy!...didnt you pick Diaz to win the first?

you jumping ship now?

to me the only way Gomi can win is with a cut stoppage.....not even Robbie Lawler stunned Diaz with a right hook -flying Knee to the chin....so no lightweight has the power to knock him out

Haha, nah, I don't jump ships. I try not to board them in the first place, haha. I think Gomi Could definately get a TKO though.

I try not to make excuses for fighters, but Gomi gassed frikken quick. I don't think he took Diaz seriously, which is too bad for Gomi.
warglory
3/4/07 7:33:05PM
I'll lay down money on Gomi for their next bout, most def.
loller90278
3/4/07 7:34:58PM

Posted by Stickan

eeeey what about me? I'll bet my whole million (by then) on Diaz...

stickan lets bet all our money on the next diaz/gomi fight with each other.... you down ?
Northrend
3/4/07 8:01:30PM
I'll also bet some major cash on Gomi if anyone wants to set it up thatd be cool.
The_Crippler
3/4/07 8:19:19PM
diaz is hillarious
nate22
3/4/07 8:28:35PM
Still alot of Gomi love I see, good good. Then there's alot of people on the bandwagon for Diaz, fairenough. As long as those people are basing their opinions on Diaz's abilities rather than Gomi's performance in the last fight. Gomi does not want to lose that title and I still think he can out perform Diaz if he's adequately prepared for the fight and take the win, KO or decision.

Diaz fought the good fight and Gomi looked terrible, all in all an amazing win for Diaz, I wasn't shocked that Diaz won, more shocked at the state of Gomi.
poll77
3/4/07 9:25:56PM
id love to see diaz win again but im gonna put my money on gomi.