New MMAPlayground feature alert (from the blog)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » New MMAPlayground feature alert (from the blog)
DoTheMMAth
9/9/08 4:40:02PM
Thanks to the continual input of our dedicated fanbase of educated fight fans we now have an historical fighter ranking archive at our disposal!

Application 1: Check out the new option to view rankings by date in our Top 10 Fighters section. Ahhh it seemed like only yesterday that my man Chuckwagon was sitting happily atop the light heavyweight division.

Application 2: All fighters now have a profile page on MMAPlayground that shows their ranking information (when applicable) among other things. Here's some examples: Forrest Griffin's meteoric rise (ugh, I completely hate that Goldie-ism... sorry to use it), the ups and downs of Wandy in the LHW division, the slow decline of beloved CroCop, and "Cheech" Kongo's brief visit to top 10 heavyweight stardom (Tim Sylvia reference... sorry again!).

In other site update news, we're working on integrating an avatar bet interface to become an official part of our forums and wagering game. There's no actual game score to be gained, but the pride and fun of giving someone a silly avatar for a time is fun enough as many of the users in our MMA forums have discovered already.

As always, thank you for your support, ideas, input, and participation!

MMAPlayground Administration

http://blog.mmaplayground.com/post/2008/09/New-feature-alert.aspx
postman
9/9/08 4:44:48PM
Very cool!
MALICE
9/9/08 4:47:22PM
Application 2 was a great idea.
grappler0000
9/9/08 4:59:31PM
SmileR
9/9/08 5:08:52PM
I think theirs a glitch on the "Fan Favorites". I'm sure its just a technical thing but theirs no Arlovski in there.

Great ideas coming through though!
Bowen50
9/9/08 5:17:37PM
i really like the fighter profiles. awesome idea
postman
9/9/08 5:26:42PM

Posted by SmileR

I think theirs a glitch on the "Fan Favorites". I'm sure its just a technical thing but theirs no Arlovski in there.

Or its just AA isn't a Fan Fav
SmileR
9/9/08 6:20:50PM

Posted by postman

Posted by SmileR

LIES!!!
DCRage
9/9/08 7:14:30PM
Interesting stuff, I'll have to check it out when I have time.

PS-I like the Evan Tanner avatar next to the Playground logo. A nice tribute.
wolfman
9/9/08 7:23:43PM

Posted by DCRage

Interesting stuff, I'll have to check it out when I have time.

PS-I like the Evan Tanner avatar next to the Playground logo. A nice tribute.

Agreed.
postman
9/9/08 7:24:26PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by postman

Posted by SmileR

LIES!!!

you know how it goes two more wins and they will be back on his bandwagon!
aaa9erh8er
9/9/08 9:55:26PM
i like the playground having its own fighter pager alot but i dont understand the little graph next to it and im a accounting major
jiujitsufreak74
9/9/08 9:57:41PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by postman

Posted by SmileR

LIES!!!

i know man...i didn't even see Aoki in there...must be a glitch
ncordless
9/10/08 4:54:24AM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

i like the playground having its own fighter pager alot but i dont understand the little graph next to it and im a accounting major

No offense, but how could you not understand a simple X/Y line graph? Vertical is ranking in LHW, horizontal is months. It's an expression of ranking over time. I am a music major... remind me not to let you do my taxes

EDIT: Oh, and the new additions are so freaking sweet. mmaplayground is the best mma site on the internet.
Svartorm
9/10/08 5:11:25AM
Theres also a new feature I've been working on that allows you to directly deposit your paychecks into my back account. I call it "free money". I'll post more as details become available.
emfleek
9/10/08 8:44:48AM
Damn, I love this place. It doesn't get old coming here...it's only getting better as time goes by.

My girlfriend needs to take notes.
wolfman
9/10/08 7:05:19PM
Also, check out jjfreak's props meter...Looks cool, nice and flashy.

EDIT: For the lazy people:

casey64
9/11/08 7:45:10PM
casey64
9/11/08 7:47:02PM

Posted by wolfman

Also, check out jjfreak's props meter...Looks cool, nice and flashy.

EDIT: For the lazy people:

I'll never see that.
Kracker_Jap
10/7/08 3:00:18AM
It ook me along time to notice even after reading MMA-Maths update but man new feature 2 is awsome

Maybe you should add it to the newbie section or sticky it for dumb members like me so everyone understands how cool that is