New Marcus Davis Interview

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » New Marcus Davis Interview
rcg916
5/30/07 6:47:46PM
This guy is as cool as they come. enjoy...

Marcus Davis Interview

Svartorm
5/30/07 8:41:28PM
Cool, thanks bro. I'd heard that they're making him change his nickname when fighting in Ireland because "The Irish Hand Grenade" is somewhat inappropriate in Northern Ireland.
richieb19
5/30/07 8:45:26PM

Posted by Svartorm

Cool, thanks bro. I'd heard that they're making him change his nickname when fighting in Ireland because "The Irish Hand Grenade" is somewhat inappropriate in Northern Ireland.

Yea, it's only temporary though I've heard...
xthe_scottx
5/30/07 8:48:06PM
As richie said, the name change is only temporary. Here is the article if you want to read it:

Link
Ydoc
5/30/07 9:38:51PM
Real class act. I admire what he has done with his career. A lot of boxers would quit after being manhandled by Joe Stevenson, but he got right back on that horse and has improved by leaps and bounds.
rcg916
5/30/07 9:47:24PM
I agree. He really has worked on the ground game, and it shows.
rcg916
5/31/07 5:06:42PM
up for more reads. thanks.
CincySaint
5/31/07 5:54:05PM
Very Nice link, I had no idea this guy was such a cool guy, I will have to pay more attention to him in the future. I didn't know him and the Maniac were old friends either.
Sam_Rothstein
11/7/07 9:24:58AM

When I saw the UFC I knew it was the sport of the future. I was bored with boxing and I needed a change to be motivated I fell in love with MMA.

im sure getting knocked out by a 41 year old didnt hurt his decision of leaving boxing for mma
rcg916
11/7/07 11:33:34AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

When I saw the UFC I knew it was the sport of the future. I was bored with boxing and I needed a change to be motivated I fell in love with MMA.

im sure getting knocked out by a 41 year old didnt hurt his decision of leaving boxing for mma

Dont talk shit about the nice guys man.... Oh yeah, dont talk shit period until you get off the couch, oh great keyboard warrior!

Nice reason to bump a thread.... Its 6 months old, dummy.

Sam_Rothstein
11/7/07 12:01:34PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Dont talk shit about the nice guys man.... Oh yeah, dont talk shit period until you get off the couch, oh great keyboard warrior!

Nice reason to bump a thread.... Its 6 months old, dummy.

whoa calm down there, I think you are nuthugging him a little too hard

all I am saying that maybe boxing was getting boring to him after he got knocked out by a guy who had came out of retirement.

He is a nice guy I just do not like how he bashes boxing during interviews

By the way i am not on the couch...its a computer chair...you should know because you are probably sitting on the same exact thing

now go back to worshipping a guy who got tko'd by a 400 lb "boxer"
rcg916
11/7/07 12:28:26PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

By the way i am not on the couch...its a computer chair...you should know because you are probably sitting on the same exact thing

Yeah, except Im not pretending to know what goes on in a REAL fighter's mind.

People like you are making these boards unbearable...

As far as worship goes, maybe its because I actually talk to these guys on a regular basis, and realize that each and every one of them kills theirselves: From Fedor to Elvis Sinosic -- they all deserve better than to have some snot-nosed kid bashing them or their career choices.

Now, hurry. If you get on her good side, maybe Mommy will let you have some cookies and milk while you watch your "big boy fighting" show!

Sam_Rothstein
11/7/07 12:57:23PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Yeah, except Im not pretending to know what goes on in a REAL fighter's mind.

People like you are making these boards unbearable...

As far as worship goes, maybe its because I actually talk to these guys on a regular basis, and realize that each and every one of them kills theirselves: From Fedor to Elvis Sinosic -- they all deserve better than to have some snot-nosed kid bashing them or their career choices.

Now, hurry. If you get on her good side, maybe Mommy will let you have some cookies and milk while you watch your "big boy fighting" show!

Oh im sorry I guess I don't hang out with enough mma fighters to throw out my opinion of his boxing career

I didn't say shit about his mma career, he actually has a pretty good one going for him.

What makes me mad about guys like you is that instead of trying to argue against my comments you try to insult my character

I didnt "bash" his career choice, it was a very wise one because his career in boxing was not going to last long and he has turned into a pretty good fighter in the UFC

Now if you will excuse me your mom said she would make me cookies while i watch the big boy fighting show. Apparently you spend too much time with your fighter friends and you don't appreciate her cooking anymore