New jits school in Nashville

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » New jits school in Nashville
The-Don
9/24/08 2:32:55PM
I am checking out a new school here in nashville its a Hoyler Gracie school and it is associated with Jake Shields on the MMA side. I am supposed to go down and check it ouot tonight and will keep everyone posted. THough wish me luck its been awahile since I attended a class.
The-Don
9/25/08 3:53:33PM
ok .. well I checked out that school last night and well the night started off interesting... but when we finally got around to training it was great.. the instructor broke down the moves step by step was able to show me differences between tradational japanese moves and how the brazilian moves had the advantage when your oppenent was bigger and stronger.. we covered lots of different things.. different arm bars and triangle from the bottom... Escapes from triangles and other things.. It was nice to finally understand the other side of jits

I give the instructor high scores.. very easy going but he really broke down the skills and made it easy to understand.. there was another guy who was taking his very first jits class and a 3rd student who was a bit more experienced. he also explained why certian things were done and what mistakes to watch for...

Very good.. I was welcomed from the first moment and by the end of class I felt like I have been training with these guys along time.

As for my own self evaluation.. MAN AM I OUT OF SHAPE!!!!!!

My Cardio sucked and my flexibility has decreased.. I could not lock in a proper triangle.. My gaurd I felt was still strong and the other student who has been training awhile had to strugle to break it ( otehr then using my legs I did not overtly attempt to stop him as we were just practicing the mechanics) but well I am hitting the gym... I do need to ask...

Any advice on improving ones cardio ?
madmarck
9/26/08 1:38:20PM

Posted by The-Don

Run, Bike. And Just train. Train train train. Don't Miss classes and your stamina will build very quickly.
The-Don
9/27/08 8:21:53PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by The-Don

Run, Bike. And Just train. Train train train. Don't Miss classes and your stamina will build very quickly.

you know I expected that response was hoping there was something besides the running part.. I know the training will help but as of now I can only make it one night a week...