What do you want on the new game?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What do you want on the new game?
Ultimate_fighter
3/11/07 6:04:57PM
THQ's UFC, what do you want on it? what fighters? what refs? what commontaters? what features, styles, everything? what kinda story mode?
shawneth
3/11/07 6:17:10PM
- a large roster of UFC fighters
- well thought out controls
- a well designed career mode

I cant tell you how to make a good career mode or how to give a good control setup because im no game developper.

- and most of all, a good rating at gamespot.... which would mean i got everything i wanted.
Gladiator
3/11/07 6:23:50PM
-good control scheme/setup
-character creation
-xbox live enabled

imagine taking it on live where people can create their own characters and the people on the leader boards actually have titles and every month an event is hosted just like the ufc whith championship bouts and weight divisiona.
AchillesHeel
3/11/07 6:26:47PM
The game controls will make or break this game. Specifically, the grappling. Everything else that could/would/should go into it (roster of fighters, career mode, create-your-own-fighter) has already been done, but a good grappling game would be breaking new ground.
CincySaint
3/11/07 7:31:15PM
Everything that you guys have said so far i totally agree with. I would love to see a good career mode. One where you can customize your appearance, choose several fighting influences(styles) and gain experience as you progress. There is enough new technologies out now for this game to really continue the increase of MMA popularity. They could allow us to choose from real fight camps, make our own fight camps or other things along those lines. Endorsements can be brought into the equation for money making options. I really hope they don't half ass it like the past UFC games were. UFC brings in plenty of money now to warrant THQ sinking some real $$ and time into it. I cant wait!! and I saw someone mention online capabilities, and that would make it a big success in my opinion.
migo
3/11/07 7:33:52PM
Is anyone from THQ actually going to read this?
wkm311
3/11/07 7:48:15PM

Posted by Gladiator

-character creation
-xbox live enabled

imagine taking it on live where people can create their own characters and the people on the leader boards actually have titles and every month an event is hosted just like the ufc whith championship bouts and weight divisiona.

That is an awesome idea my friend...that is something they should really look into for xbox live and playstation online...
Ydoc
3/11/07 7:48:38PM
Really want the fighters go in and have all those electrodes hooked to their body so they can capture like 15 different variations of Liddel's hook punches or Rashad's takedowns. Like what they do with Baseball players swings in games. I love that kind of stuff.

Of course, I'm expecting a Rock, Paper, Scissors system with Block> Strike> Grapple> Block. I want real injuries and career mode. And like everyone else is saying I want a in depth create a fighter, so we can all make ourselves, choose from hairstyles to fighting styles (limit 3).

Also, it'd be awesome to have a booker mode... where you could promote the UFC and make fight cards, getting to sit back and watch the fighters do their thing.

So much potential here... I just hope they don't let us down.
shawneth
3/11/07 9:35:13PM

Posted by Gladiator

-character creation
-multiplayer compatible

PLaying multiplayer would be freakin insane. Except I dont have xbox so ill edit your post to say multiplayer compatible.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/11/07 10:42:24PM
I dont know but i hope its good...i hope they make it easy to pick up and play but also finely detailed and hard to master

say its on xbox360

i would want X and Y to be left and right punches....A and B to be left and right Kicks (while standing/striking)

and if you hold the L trigger your fighter will plant his feet and you can use the L thumbstick to choose whether you want a Low kick(legs) Medium kick(body) High kick(head)....and the same goes with Punches

Holding down the Right Trigger could activate grappling (takedowns,tae clinch,)

i just hope they make it kind of like Fight Night R3 when it comes down to your (health,conditioning)

and i really hope they get the fighters movments down!!! when i fight with chuck liddell i want him to fight and move like chuck liddell......

but when it comes down to it....its pretty much impossible to make it a superb game

MMA is too complicated
mrsumo
3/12/07 3:03:09AM
I would like to see a different approach to the fighting. In previous pride and ufc games the fighting was crappy.. Once you figure out how to do a submission it was a button mashing race to the finish. I understand that the ground game aspect is pretty difficult to translate to a video game, but maybe a more complex approach would make the game more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to be your favorite fighter, but I owned 3 mma games and didn't play them after a month or so.