what new fighter signed this year so far in the ufc will be a threat??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » what new fighter signed this year so far in the ufc will be a threat??
prozacnation1978
5/14/08 6:03:43PM
with half the year in fights all ready annouced going through july, what new fighter has the most potential to blossom in the ufc??

light: paul kelly,

welter: dan hardy, or yoshida

middle: jason day or rousimar palhares

heavyweight cain velasquez or shane carwin

i know there are more, but these could be break out new stars,

and also still wondering before the year is out if the ufc will sign more break out stars or go with vetereans?? so far looks like they are going for young fresh stars in the making, rebuilding!!!!!
hotrodttt
5/14/08 6:09:46PM
Don Hyun Kim hits so hard, I remember in one of his Fights his opponent went limp from a gutwrench slam
Ben_Hutch
5/14/08 6:15:25PM
Dan Hardy - probably a biased british point of view but oh well.
tepid55
5/14/08 6:21:29PM
Yoshida looks like a threat in the welterweight division.
Twenty20Dollars
5/14/08 6:35:01PM
i am going to say cain because he is in the weakest division and he showed me some real talent.

where as in hardy, he is in a very deep division so idk how he will stack againest that but im looking forward to seeing both of these guys.

good luck to the both of them.
juanez13
5/14/08 6:45:33PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i am going to say cain because he is in the weakest division and he showed me some real talent.

where as in hardy, he is in a very deep division so idk how he will stack againest that but im looking forward to seeing both of these guys.

.....also, Brock Lesnar could have a real good shot at getting to the top (not sure if he'll be the champ, since i just think Nog is too Good on the ground)...but against most guys in the division i think he could beat with some good training (kongo:easily, herring, Vera and basically anybody that uses their wresteling as their strong Point, guys like carwin i dont think would match up well with him....)
bls1919
5/14/08 7:15:29PM
I think Carwin is going to beat Wellish(sp) in a big way and then start to tear it up in a weak division.
billycarnage
5/14/08 7:29:31PM

Posted by juanez13

.....also, Brock Lesnar could have a real good shot at getting to the top (not sure if he'll be the champ, since i just think Nog is too Good on the ground)...but against most guys in the division i think he could beat with some good training (kongo:easily, herring, Vera and basically anybody that uses their wresteling as their strong Point, guys like carwin i dont think would match up well with him....)

I also agree. I am looking forward to Paul Kelly,s Career. I think he's awesome and I hope he goes far in the LW/WW devision.
Did he drop to 155? Cause I tought he looked good at 170. Or am I thinking of someone else?
billycarnage
5/14/08 7:37:19PM
I am not mistaken. He is a Welter Weight.
Raykill
5/14/08 8:27:48PM

Posted by juanez13

As long as Brock doesnt try a sunset flip again.
Mayhem13
5/14/08 9:03:34PM
Cain without a doubt! that dude will be right in the mix of things at HW by the end of the year...just watch!

Yoshida and Hardy will both do good...but have too much competition at WW....
Kpro
5/14/08 9:12:49PM
It is definitely Cain IMO. The man is a beast and gets better by the second.

He's even improved his game from when I started typing this post until I posted it.
Twenty20Dollars
5/14/08 10:32:46PM
well see brock could be a big threat but brock just keeps fighting top guys instead of working his way, which i think is amazing. only bad thing is if he doesnt win its not going to look good at all. im pulling for brock to be a big star because i was a fan of his back in the days when i watched WWE.
DevonFoxy
5/14/08 10:55:53PM
Cain hands down is going to be the biggest guy whose going to break in the top ten soon. He's really raw but really young and fighting out of the camp with Varner and Dollaway is a great thing for him to have as well. great training partners.

Excited to see this guy soon he has some HEAVY hands and his wrestling is top notch. Guy is a bulldozer and I would not want to be in the heavyweight division right now.
MMAcca
5/15/08 1:13:35AM
Like so many others, i think Cain Velasquez will do very well in a weak HW division.

I also beleive thta with Chris Wilson's showing against Fitch and a couple of wins in the UFC under his belt that he could make a rapid rise at WW.
prozacnation1978
5/15/08 5:44:14PM
only reason why i didn't put wilson cause he already lost
your right kelly is welter i don't know what i was thinking
and maybe the best to succeed might be the heavyweight boys by default
but i would really like to see a rematch of yoshida vs hardy
i think it will happen sometime in the future hardy will push joe silva hard for it