New favorite fighter

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » New favorite fighter
mkiv9secsupra
5/27/07 2:56:37PM
Now that Chuck Liddell has lost his title, I fear that he will never regain it. If he moves to heavyweight i think he can beat couture but would not hold a title(if he ever got one) and defend it but maybe once. And with his age i think he might be retiring within a few years... So with that being said i need a new favortie fighter. Rampage is funny as hell and gets better all the time and on the other hand Darth Fedor is already the best. Then there is Shogun who is very well rounded and Rich Franklin is also a great fighter...,..i just dont know......RIP Liddell....
hughesfan1
5/27/07 4:02:23PM
i know how u feel , i like hendo , shogun , and everyone knows fedor is great . I'm not giving up on Liddell just yet . The way everyone is talking he'll be the underdog next time and as we all know it's great to be an underdog in MMA.
skiba97
5/27/07 4:07:17PM
1 loss and your already talking about jumping ship?? you obviously werent that much of a fan in the first place. Chuck and franklin are my two favourite fighters, and still will be if okami beats rich and if chuck gets dropped by who ever he fights next.
CwB
5/27/07 6:49:37PM
Chuck will always be my favorite, but untill he gets his belt back its hendo all the way
I see chuck fighting for 2 or 3 more years
jdubs
5/29/07 10:29:22PM

Posted by CwB

Chuck will always be my favorite, but untill he gets his belt back its hendo all the way

after 2 or 3 more years of fighting chuck will have to be spoon fed, i like chuck but his head is beat to shit and he is old
rameydl8
5/30/07 12:41:24AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Now that Chuck Liddell has lost his title, I fear that he will never regain it. If he moves to heavyweight i think he can beat couture but would not hold a title(if he ever got one) and defend it but maybe once. And with his age i think he might be retiring within a few years... So with that being said i need a new favortie fighter. Rampage is funny as hell and gets better all the time and on the other hand Darth Fedor is already the best. Then there is Shogun who is very well rounded and Rich Franklin is also a great fighter...,..i just dont know......RIP Liddell....

well ur obviously not a good fan...seriously my fav fighter is kevin randleman....enough said
Believe-in-judo81
5/30/07 12:48:20AM

Posted by rameydl8
well ur obviously not a good fan...seriously my fav fighter is kevin randleman....enough said

Nothing wrong with being a Randleman fan, he had all the potential in the world to be an all time Great in this sport, he just didn't evolve his game.
rameydl8
5/30/07 12:04:29PM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

Posted by rameydl8

Nothing wrong with being a Randleman fan, he had all the potential in the world to be an all time Great in this sport, he just didn't evolve his game.

i agree with that...he is so strong and explosive and wrestling is phenominal...it makes me sad evrytime i think about it..
warglory
6/1/07 7:37:08PM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by CwB

after 2 or 3 more years of fighting chuck will have to be spoon fed, i like chuck but his head is beat to shit and he is old

Why do you say that? It's been awhile since Chuck has been "hurt." Getting knocked down with a right hook and then GnP'ed for about 30 seconds is probably the worst kinda hurt he has had in a couple of years/ The last brutal fights he has had were in PRIDE I think, and that was awhile ago. He'll retire healthy (for a fighter at least), with tons of dough saved in the bank.
mrsumo
6/1/07 11:52:59PM
I think Chuck is far from done, and I also think he is the kind of guy who will stop fighting before it's too late. If the Iceman was your favorite fighter last week he should still be your favorite fighter today. If that was how you changed favorite teams, no one would go to ball games anymore. Losing happens. My favorite fighter for years has been Tank Abbot. And I have been behind him for wins and losses. Some ugly losses. And even though it is against his nature to give a shit, I am there to cheer him on. In fact many of the guys I like watching the most have losses. Chris Leben, Frank Shamrock, Bas Rutten, and Jeremy Horn are on my list of fav's and all have L's on the record. Don't be a Fairweather Friend, and don't change horses in the middle of a race.
mkiv9secsupra
6/2/07 1:35:01PM
Who honestly thinks Chuck will get his belt back?! If he cant get it back then he WILL RETIRE. That is the reason Couture retired........the first time......Couture couldnt beat liddell so he admitted he wasnt the best and retired. Chuck is going to do the same thing if he loses even two more.

PS. Im not saying Chuck wont be my ALL TIME FAVORITE....he will always be that.... i mean more of a favorite as an active fighter. as of right now he is still my favorite. but when he retires i cant root for him to fight and s*** talk all his opponents.
mkiv9secsupra
6/2/07 1:39:47PM

Posted by rameydl8

Posted by rameydl8

i agree with that...he is so strong and explosive and wrestling is phenominal...it makes me sad evrytime i think about it..

i still think if randleman improved his striking or developed a good sub game he could possibly murder Fedor. He controlled Fedor up until the submission, and that slam looked like it HURT. Actually Randleman is my second favorite heavyweight.....first being Arlovski.....
xchickox
6/2/07 1:53:43PM
before ufc 71 sherk was my favourite fighter and still is, but rampage is up there aswell, he's so funny and looks right impressive now
hippysmacker
6/2/07 3:25:43PM

Posted by mrsumo

I think Chuck is far from done, and I also think he is the kind of guy who will stop fighting before it's too late. If the Iceman was your favorite fighter last week he should still be your favorite fighter today. If that was how you changed favorite teams, no one would go to ball games anymore. Losing happens. My favorite fighter for years has been Tank Abbot. And I have been behind him for wins and losses. Some ugly losses. And even though it is against his nature to give a shit, I am there to cheer him on. In fact many of the guys I like watching the most have losses. Chris Leben, Frank Shamrock, Bas Rutten, and Jeremy Horn are on my list of fav's and all have L's on the record. Don't be a Fairweather Friend, and don't change horses in the middle of a race.

100% agree. Couture will always be my favorite fighter, win or lose.
Meg
6/2/07 4:01:06PM
lmao ok. My two favorite fighters are Chuck and GSP. They both lost their belts but I'm still right here. Honestly, until Chuck retires he's still going to be one of my favorites just because he has been for so long. You can jump the bandwagon after one loss if you want, he aint gonna miss you much.
Playground_Samurai
6/2/07 4:54:29PM

Posted by mrsumo

If the Iceman was your favorite fighter last week he should still be your favorite fighter today. If that was how you changed favorite teams, no one would go to ball games anymore. Losing happens. My favorite fighter for years has been Tank Abbot. And I have been behind him for wins and losses. Some ugly losses. And even though it is against his nature to give a shit, I am there to cheer him on. In fact many of the guys I like watching the most have losses. Don't be a Fairweather Friend, and don't change horses in the middle of a race.

Exactly. 100% agreed. Whoever would jump ship on Chuck at a time like this, directly after his first loss in 3 and a half years, especially if you're considering making Rampage your favorite, has never learned the concept of loyalty. A true fan will stay loyal thru thick and thin all the way to the end.
ultimatefighter33
6/2/07 9:12:12PM
i would like to see Mauricio Shogun Rua Vs Chuck the Iceman Liddell Its a toss up to who would win
mkiv9secsupra
6/2/07 10:31:56PM
if one more of you stupid ******* retards says im not a true fan then go back and read..... ONCE CHUCK IS RETIRED I WILL NEED SOMEONE TO CHEER FOR!!!! I NEVER SAID HE ISNT STILL MY FAVORITE. BUT i think he will retire soon....especially if wanderlei or shogun beats him bad enough...i dont think it will happen but i also thought Chuck would KO rampage....
rameydl8
6/2/07 11:55:30PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by rameydl8

Posted by rameydl8

i still think if randleman improved his striking or developed a good sub game he could possibly murder Fedor. He controlled Fedor up until the submission, and that slam looked like it HURT. Actually Randleman is my second favorite heavyweight.....first being Arlovski.....

that slam had to hurt...i would like to see him develpoe a sub game. that would go well with his wrestling seeing as he doesnt have too much trouble gettin people to the ground. so i think a good sub game would complete him as a fighter..and i would love to see him fight soon