New events added to seconday league- Season 3

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » New events added to seconday league- Season 3
hippysmacker
2/14/08 3:54:26AM
The Kimbo vs Tank Elite XC card is the last of the second season of the secondary league. We have now started puttting in the season 3 cards.

Added
World Victory Road
Dream # 1
Cage Rage 25
matthughes23
2/14/08 6:19:58AM
That's awesome but I still see we're missing some cards that are coming up sooner like:

Strikeforce at the Dome
IFL's first show of 2008

Will these fight cards be added?
DCRage
2/14/08 6:40:55AM
Strikeforce next week only has 5 announced event so far, even though it's supposed to have 10. I can see that one being skipped due to late match announcements and lack of real star power. In the past the only IFL events that usually are added are the postseason events, so that might not be added either.
wolfman
2/14/08 6:20:41PM

Posted by hippysmacker

The Kimbo vs Tank Elite XC card is the last of the second season of the secondary league. We have now started puttting in the season 3 cards.

Added
World Victory Road
Dream # 1
Cage Rage 25

Awesome, I'm excited for these cards!
matthughes23
2/15/08 1:03:55AM

Posted by DCRage

Strikeforce next week only has 5 announced event so far, even though it's supposed to have 10. I can see that one being skipped due to late match announcements and lack of real star power. In the past the only IFL events that usually are added are the postseason events, so that might not be added either.

The reason normal events weren't posted was because secondary league only started when the IFL had finished their regular season. It wouldn't be right for just post-season events to be added.
TNunley
2/15/08 4:44:32PM
Pretty new to the secondary league... where can I watch (as in what channels do they broadcast? Or are they on PPV?) the events other than Strikeforce/Elite XC?
AchillesHeel
2/15/08 4:50:42PM

Posted by TNunley

Pretty new to the secondary league... where can I watch (as in what channels do they broadcast? Or are they on PPV?) the events other than Strikeforce/Elite XC?

I think that's kind of a "cross your fingers" thing. Dream and World Victory Road are (a) brand new and (b) Japanese. Cage Rage is in the UK and I think it's been on PPV some times but not others. The IFL only recently aired their first live event, the Grand Prix finals, and just lost the broadcasting deal for their show on MyNetworkTV, which seems like a bad sign.