The New Draft Project - Idea's

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » The New Draft Project - Idea's
« Previous Page
Budgellism
1/25/12 7:00:10PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i would like to say that i dont want people thinking they MUST make all OW fights or any for that matter. i just wanted us to have the option.

That's how I took it and I voted yes.
Rabi
1/25/12 7:14:35PM
with 5 votes in, its 3-2 to yes, waiting on 4 more.
Rabi
1/26/12 2:49:20AM
8 people have voted and its 5-3 for yes, so on card 15 you will have the option to have open weight bouts (but, you dont have to if you dont want to).
Poor_Franklin
1/26/12 2:20:34PM

Posted by Rabi

8 people have voted and its 5-3 for yes, so on card 15 you will have the option to have open weight bouts (but, you dont have to if you dont want to).

thanks guys.

Rabi
1/29/12 5:47:00PM
This is a breakdown of how the new draft project will run, I think Ive covered everything.

Draft Project

1. How each round works.

Starting balance for each player is $2 million. For each card you put on there must be a minimum of 5 fights ( that will be your main card), but you can have up to 10 fights ( anything above 5 is a prelim).

140 fighters will be introduced to our game. There will be 20 fighters from each weight class from HW down to BW. They will be ranked from 81-100, we have done are own rankings which we will use for this game.

With your $2 mill you will need to sign a minimum of 10 fighters and be able to pay there wages for the first card. If a fighter doesn't fight he doesn't get paid.

For the first round of bidding every one will send me an email where they will bid for 14 fighters ( 2 from each weight class) no one else will know who you bid for. The bids must be in multiples of $1000 ( to keep it simple) and the minimum bid is $1000. If you bid for a fighter that you think no one else will bid for you could get him for $1000, but if he is a popular fighter then you will need to estimate how much you think you will need to bid, who ever bids the most will get him, if its a draw no one gets him and once again is back on the market and everyone can bid for him. After the opening rd of bids and once we have seen who has got who, we will then do another rd of bids where each player can bid for up to 5 players depending on what you need for your card, we will do that until everyone has got all the fighters they need.

Fighters wages will stay the same through out the game.

A players wage depends on his ranking, rank 100 will be paid 10k, every rank above will be paid 10k, for eg 100 = 10k, rank 1 = 1 mill.

We will then post our card, I will then copy and paste all the cards that were posted in the order they were posted into my own word document, we will then action one card at a time (not all of them together) in the order they were posted, before I post the first card I will make sure they are within your budget, I will then post 1 card, everyone will post there results for that 1 card except for the creator of the card ( you will not be voting on your own card) also the way we post results will be slightly different, we will use the same format as The Ultimate Tournaments, so for e.g. Damian Maia v Ed Herman - Maia rd2 sub triangle choke (it will make voting for the bonuses more fun, and make the game more in-depth). Once everyone has picked for that card I will then update the fight card results and PM them to the card creator (not on the forum), he will then nominate is 1, 2 or 3 bonuses and send them back to me, also if there is any draws on the votes, either on the winner of a fight, or the rd, or method or technique the card creator will have the final say on that particular section. Once that's done we will then do the next card, as its one card at a time I don't think it will be so overwhelming to make your picks and for me to update the results, we will continue this process and once I have all the fight card results and bonuses I will post all the completed card with results on 1 post and then all the bonus nominations on another post. We will then vote for the bonuses, and once you have done that you can rank the cards, you can send them both at the same time if you want rather then waiting, I will then post the results on the bonus votes and the monies and then the same with the rankings vote.

After that is done I will do a financial sheet and then an updated balance so we can see how much money we all have.

For round 1 the threshold will be 1 mill, round 2, 2 mill etc, the rest of the monies will be posted before each round and will work off the threshold.

2. Rules of your fight card

You must have a minimum of 5 fights, which will be your main card, you can have a maximum of 10, any fight above 5 will be a prelim.

A Champion defending his belt will be paid double wages, some one can only challenge for a belt if they are on a 1 fight wining streak in you promotion, eg they cant fight for a belt on there promotion debut or coming off a loss.

A fighter can only fight at a weight class he has fought at in the last 3 years.

A champion can not fight in a non title fight in his own weight class, he can if he fights in another weight class, (as long as he has fought there in the last 3 yrs).

After Rd 1 we will all put on 1 card, after rd 2 we will put on 2 cards, right up to rd 5, 5 cards, a total of 15 cards.

For the final card (No 15) you will have the option to have Open Weight fights, ( an open weight fight can include a champion but it can not be for the title).

3. Champions Tournament

After Rds 2 to 5 we will do a Champions Grand Prix, (there is no champs after rd1 which is why I didn't include it) we will do every weight starting from BW up to HW, each Tourney will be seeded and we will use the rankings that we use for the game, if you don't have a champion in a weight class then you can't enter that GP. We will vote for the fights the same way, but you wont be able to vote on a fight which includes your fighter (similar to the Ultimate Tournaments side game). There will be no wages paid to the fighters (all about Pride ) and the winner of each Grand Prix will win 100% of the threshold to be added to your bankroll, for e.g. rd2 wins 2mill, rd5 wins 5mill. If only 1 person has a champion in a particular weight class, they will automatically win the prize.

4. Revamped rules around money

The new starting balance will be 2 mill and the big change will be you will no longer be allowed to go overdrawn (the only time you will be overdrawn is if a fine takes you overdrawn), that's when you bid and also when you put your card together (which is why I want to start with 2mill instead of 1mill). This is what will happen if you go over drawn:

Bidding, if your winning bids come to more money then you have in the bank then all your bids for that round of bidding will be cancelled, (so to confirm you can bid more then you have, but you can't win more then you have, in other words its best to bid within your limits) and the fighter will go to the next highest bidder, (you wont lose fighters who you have previously bid for, just the ones who you bid for in that 1 email, whether it be the round of 14 bids or 5 bids, but you wont receive a fine.

When you put your card together you must be able to pay all the fighters wages, I will check everyone's card before we pick winners and if you have over spent I will remove the lowest placed fight on the card, for every fight I have to remove you will be fined, also if you don't have a minimum of 5 fights then you will also be fined. For e.g., if I put on 6 fights and over spend by $200K, then 1 fight will be removed and I will be fined, if I am still over spent then another fight will be removed and I will be fined again, as that then drops me to 4 fights I will be fined a third time for not having 5 fights.

5. Trades

Re introduce trading, I would like to do this on the thread where we up date our rosters. So this thread will be Rosters and Trades. You can trade fighters for cash or other fighters, you can either discuss trades privately via PM or publicly on this thread (not the main game thread) but once a deal is complete both players have to post the deal on the thread for the deal to be complete, once its completed I will change the monies (if necessary) and then its up to you to update your rosters.

The overall winner will be the player with the most money at the end of the game.
Poor_Franklin
1/29/12 6:15:07PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Budgellism
1/29/12 6:37:00PM
lol, P_F. If I didn't just prop you I would have given you one for this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]