The New Draft Project - Idea's

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » The New Draft Project - Idea's
« Previous Page | Next Page »
jjeans
1/18/12 5:47:51PM
I vote fighters who fought In the last 3 years, so randy etc could be there but no Severn etc as I couldn't rank him haha
Rabi
1/18/12 5:51:17PM
The votes are 2-1, if we do include the old names you could just put them down near the bottom and use them to replace fighter you don't know, the other thing is if we do include them, then it just means that you CAN rank them in your top 100, but if you don't think there good enough then don't include them, when I total all the points up, if there in the top 100 we will use them and if there not then we won't!
Budgellism
1/18/12 5:52:09PM

Posted by Rabi

The votes are 2-1, if we do include the old names you could just put them down near the bottom and use them to replace fighter you don't know, the other thing is if we do include them, then it just means that you CAN rank them in your top 100, but if you don't think there good enough then don't include them, when I total all the points up, if there in the top 100 we will use them and if there not then we won't!

Sounds good to me.
Rabi
1/19/12 12:39:23PM
So far the votes are 4 to 3 to allow the classic fighters, waiting on the last 2 votes.
Rabi
1/19/12 5:02:17PM
Right, after listening to people's views we are only going to rank fighters that have fought in the last 3 years, so we'll go from January 2009. That way we can still use the 3 year weight class rule.

And you don't have to rank them, but you can if you want.
Rabi
1/20/12 5:10:21AM
There is 5 of us doing the rankings

1. Rabi
2. Jjeans
3. Budge
4. hashyandy
5. Poor_Franklin
Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 3:57:53PM
maybe this isnt a good idea since we're already doing championship grand prixs, but i had this idea thinking about how i was going to make my last card on this draft.

i thought it might be fun to allow a rules change for the final card so a person could put on an open weight grand prix, if they chose to.

Rabi
1/20/12 4:02:21PM
A 1 night Open Weight Grand Prix?

Also, I'm assuming its an 8 man tourny!

And who decides the results?

I'd rather not, but as always we will put it to a vote!

So far the vote is 1-1!
jjeans
1/20/12 4:05:40PM

Posted by Rabi

A 1 night Open Weight Grand Prix?

Also, I'm assuming its an 8 man tourny!

And who decides the results?

I'd rather not, but as always we will put it to a vote!

So far the vote is 1-1!

Hmmm, what the hell. Yes.
Rabi
1/20/12 4:17:48PM
Another thing to think about is the wages, does the fighter get paid for 1 night or each fight and does a champion still get double wages?

In effect if your fighter fights 3 times, is a champion is ranked no 1 (1 million wage) his wages could be 6 million.
Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 4:25:40PM

Posted by Rabi

Another thing to think about is the wages, does the fighter get paid for 1 night or each fight and does a champion still get double wages?

In effect if your fighter fights 3 times, is a champion is ranked no 1 (1 million wage) his wages could be 6 million.

it is only an option, so you dont have to

plus w/ the way the money is given out, we'd have enough to put it on by the last event, just might not have enough to win LOL

but you could do a 2 4 man OWGP, which would total 6 fights

shit it doesnt even have to be a grand prix.....you could just do a promotional victory lap & allow all fighters to fight out of their weight class for one fight on the last night....

epic matchups, no fighters fighting twice in one night.....
Rabi
1/20/12 4:27:50PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Rabi

plus w/ the way the money is given out, we'd have enough to put it on by the last event, just might not have enough to win LOL

4 Man OWGP totals 3 fights!

8 Man OWGP totals 7 fights!
Budgellism
1/20/12 4:37:45PM

Posted by Rabi

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Rabi

I like the idea. Maybe keep it to a 4 man tournament though. An 8 man tournament could get a little out of hand. As for wages I'm assuming you just pay their wage every time they fight. So you'd just have to pay the two finalists double their pay. Like P_F said, we'll have the cash for it so we could pay the wages after we determine the winners of each fight.

I'm a yes.
Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 4:38:07PM

Posted by Rabi

that's what i meant to type.....not in best mindset to get my ideas out there...

i mainly would want the rule for catchweight fights & dream matchups (Anderson Silva vs Fedor or Jon Jones vs JDS, not necessarily a GP. a GP would be difficult when it came to picking decisions
Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 4:43:22PM
if it were voted yes, we'd also need to decide what happens if 2 champions fight.

if LHW (C) moves up to HW & fights the HW (C), is it for the HW belt?
Rabi
1/20/12 4:46:12PM
So is your idea for a OW fight or a OW Grand Prix, also if they go up to fight for a title and win, it kind of messes up the Championship Grand Prix at the end as you could have a LHW fighting in the HW grand prix!

Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 4:50:18PM

Posted by Rabi

So is your idea for a OW fight or a OW Grand Prix, also if they go up to fight for a title and win, it kind of messes up the Championship Grand Prix at the end as you could have a LHW fighting in the HW grand prix!

lol i dont know. im just thinking out loud.

i throw ideas out there so the more seasoned guys can tell me if they're good or not lol

i dont care about a GP or double title holders, but it would be nice to have the option to have a card where we would allow OW fights....

im just brainstorming here.
Rabi
1/20/12 4:53:34PM
Ok, so card 15, could be a showcase card, with open weight fights, but no Openweight title fight, and no Open weight Grand Prix, I much prefer that idea!

On a side note, what time does the UFC start tonight?
Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 5:02:35PM

Posted by Rabi

On a side note, what time does the UFC start tonight?

the main card, on fx here in the states, starts at 9pm playground time
Rabi
1/20/12 5:06:19PM
Do you know what times the prelims begin?
Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 5:06:34PM

Posted by Rabi

Ok, so card 15, could be a showcase card, with open weight fights, but no Openweight title fight, and no Open weight Grand Prix, I much prefer that idea!

there we go!
Rabi
1/20/12 5:08:21PM
I see the prelims start in just under 1 hr, 6pm Playground time and there on UFC.TV for us Brits!
Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 5:09:05PM

Posted by Rabi

Do you know what times the prelims begin?

6pm playground time.....about an hour from now
Poor_Franklin
1/20/12 5:09:56PM
i guess i'll be using my streaming sites. i have to work tonight. i hope we're slow so i dont miss much of the fights
Rabi
1/20/12 5:11:47PM
Fingers crossed for you mate.
Poor_Franklin
1/25/12 5:07:54PM
im really antsy about a new season. i am going to be so much more organized this season than my previous.

any more thoughts on the final card being a showcase event & allowing for OW fights?
Rabi
1/25/12 5:10:28PM
I ma going to PM every one and do a vote, and we will go with the majority.

I will PM everyone now.
jjeans
1/25/12 5:31:43PM
I like to think I'm an experimental guy when it comes to side games.....

However I'd rather the whole card wasn't but maybe the main event must be an OW fight?
Rabi
1/25/12 5:33:49PM
We'll do this vote first, if it comes back a yes we'll go with this, if it comes back a no we can do your vote.
Poor_Franklin
1/25/12 5:50:41PM

i would like to say that i dont want people thinking they MUST make all OW fights or any for that matter. i just wanted us to have the option.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4