Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Rabi
1/14/12 4:19:30PM
You don't have to vote lol!
Budgellism
1/14/12 4:30:45PM

Posted by Rabi

Im happy with us doing are own 100, if thats what people would like.

But Im still not keen on drafting free fighters.

P_S pm'd his vote to me, at the moment its 3 to 2 against the free draft.

I think our own top 100 would be the best thing to do. We're all knowledgable of the sport enough to be able to come up with some pretty solid rankings. We could list the fighters in sections of ten. Have people list their top 10 then use a point system to come up with the final top 10 and so on all the way to the top 90-100. Much like we do for the voting in drafts.
Rabi
1/14/12 4:33:09PM
sounds good to me, Id be quite good at doing the points and everyone who wants to vote can put there own top 100 together, the only thing is we dont want to get dupliacte fighters in each weight class.

Fo eg BJ Penn at LW and WW.
jjeans
1/14/12 4:34:12PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Rabi

I think our own top 100 would be the best thing to do. We're all knowledgable of the sport enough to be able to come up with some pretty solid rankings. We could list the fighters in sections of ten. Have people list their top 10 then use a point system to come up with the final top 10 and so on all the way to the top 90-100. Much like we do for the voting in drafts.

This sounds incredible props
Can we take a decision that James Head is in there :P you can put him at number 80 if you want so I have to pay 200k lol
Rabi
1/14/12 4:35:43PM
Im excited about doing the rankings, I think it will add to the game having fighters we know.
Budgellism
1/14/12 4:40:26PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Rabi

This sounds incredible props
Can we take a decision that James Head is in there :P you can put him at number 80 if you want so I have to pay 200k lol

I'd put him in the top 100
Rabi
1/14/12 4:43:06PM
I'd rank James Head at 101 ;-) J/K
jjeans
1/14/12 5:27:41PM

Posted by Rabi

Im excited about doing the rankings, I think it will add to the game having fighters we know.

This project is going to be awesome.
airkerma
1/14/12 8:48:37PM

Posted by jjeans

EDIT EDIT: And Sylvias above Cro Cop! And to top it all off James Te Huna is above Tito Ortiz, just for you airkerma

Not sure why that's just for me, it's a well known fact
Im thinking about changing my name into James_Te_Huna and become an even bigger more ridiculous troll than Chael_Sonnen and talk up only Australian fighters like "The King of Rock and Rumble"
prophecy033
1/16/12 4:43:08PM

an even bigger more ridiculous troll than Chael_Sonnen

That's gonna be REAL tough
hashyandy4
1/16/12 4:45:57PM

Posted by Rabi

This is Awesome!!
jjeans
1/17/12 4:52:33AM
Producing a top 100
Bidding for fighters
Predicting fights
Selecting bonuses
Promotional tournaments
Finances

Is there any side game we've tried not to incorporate into this game! No doubt this is the greatest fantasy MMA game made. Literally can not wait!!!
Rabi
1/17/12 5:06:51AM
The more of us the take part in the rankings the better, but it will be quite time consuming, out of the 9 that are going to be doing the new draft project how many of us want to do there own top 100 for each weight class!

Also the last draft project was called The ECP Draft Project! I'd like to call the next version The Draft Project: Project Mayhem Vs Sabotage Inc

Is that ok with everyone else?

I will keep a list of those that will be doing the rankings:

1. Rabi
2. Jjeans
emfleek
1/17/12 8:16:53AM
I'm good with whatever everyone decides. I doubt I'll be able to contribute with the rankings, though. Most of my PG time is focused on other things, as most of you know.
Budgellism
1/17/12 9:26:26AM

Posted by Rabi

The more of us the take part in the rankings the better, but it will be quite time consuming, out of the 9 that are going to be doing the new draft project how many of us want to do there own top 100 for each weight class!

Also the last draft project was called The ECP Draft Project! I'd like to call the next version The Draft Project: Project Mayhem Vs Sabotage Inc

Is that ok with everyone else?

I will keep a list of those that will be doing the rankings:

1. Rabi
2. Jjeans

I'll put together one but I probably won't have any time to do it until the weekend.
Rabi
1/17/12 10:00:05AM
That's fine, its gonna be long winded and there is no pressure any one to do them, but if people want to they can, don't start sending me any till I ask for them though, when its time ill pm the people who want to take part and we'll do 1 weight class at a time, I expect the current draft project to be finished with in 2 weeks!

Is every one happy with the new name?
emfleek
1/17/12 10:01:43AM

Posted by Rabi

I'm fine with it.

7 of you versus the 2 of us? It's on!

Playground_Samurai
1/17/12 11:23:31AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rabi

I'm fine with it.

7 of you versus the 2 of us? It's on!

hashyandy4
1/17/12 1:31:33PM
Im In on doing the rankings
Rabi
1/17/12 2:00:37PM
Great we have 5 so far.

1. Rabi
2. Jjeans
3. Budge
4. hashyandy
5. Poor_Franklin
Poor_Franklin
1/17/12 2:05:06PM
so will everyone that makes these rankings be using their own? im a little confused as to how this will work w/ the guys making rankings & the guys that are not
Rabi
1/17/12 2:10:37PM
Here is an example of how it will work:

BW

For those that are ranking we will do our own top 100.

At the moment there is 4 of us doing it.

1, 100pts
2. 99pt

down to 100. 1pt

I will total up the points and that will give us our rankings.

Does that make sense?

We will do the same for each weight class, it will probably take a few weeks to do as there will be a lot of working out for me to do, but we should get a better list of fighters.
Poor_Franklin
1/17/12 2:40:09PM
got ya.

ask me before you start this. if i find time to work on my own here & there, i will be glad to join in. just dont want to commit to something that may be too time consuming.
Budgellism
1/17/12 3:21:19PM
I'm cool with the name.
Rabi
1/17/12 3:24:42PM
That's cool P_F, ill PM you when I'm doing them, I will give every one 2 days to do that 1 weight class rankings, and if you do. Some weight classes and not others that's fine as well!
Poor_Franklin
1/17/12 4:06:17PM

Posted by Rabi

and if you do. Some weight classes and not others that's fine as well!

awesome
Rabi
1/18/12 12:41:43PM
I have started to do my rankings now, once I have finished all mine I will start asking for others, for those that want to do rankings if you could start preparing them now that would be great, I will be starting with the smallest and working up so please start with BW. When I start to ask for them I will give everyone 2 days to get them to me and then I will shut it down for that weight class, do the workings out and then post them on the New Idea's thread so everyone can see the fighters that made the list. I will then ask for the next weight class and follow the same process. Any questions please ask.

Thanks
Rabi
1/18/12 5:34:54PM
I have a question for everyone that takes part in the draft project and as always I will go by the majority.

I am doing my ranking off FightMatrix and basically replacing the fighters I dont know with the fighters I do, rankings is always opinion based any way and the idea of doing it was getting in more fighters we know.

Now if a fighter is still ranked but we know he is retired do we still want to rank him, for eg Chris Lytle, Mirko Crocop, Randy Couture etc.

Also, if we are going to use fighters who have just retired shall we use people who have fought in the past but no longer fight,

For eg

HW

Don Frye
Igor Vovchanchyn
Semmy Schiltz

LHW

Ken Shamrock
Ian Freeman
Bas Rutten

MW

Frank Shamrock
Kazushi Sakuraba
Evan Tanner

WW

Royce Gracie

To name but a few.

Of course as usual I will go with the majority.

1. For recently retired fighters I vote Yes

2. For past fighters who havent fought in years, I also vote Yes
Budgellism
1/18/12 5:45:50PM
I definitely vote yes to past fighters as well. It'll be difficult to rank them though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4