The New Draft Project - Idea's

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » The New Draft Project - Idea's
Next Page »
Rabi
1/13/12 12:48:47PM
The Draft Project

Time for the new and improved version of the game. I would like to make some slight alterations to how this game runs. Here are my new idea's (changes)

1. Re introduce trading, I would like to do this on the thread where we up date our rosters. So this thread will be Rosters and Trades. You can trade fighters for cash or other fighters, you can either discuss trades privately via PM or publicly on this thread (not the main game thread) but once a deal is complete both players have to post the deal on the thread for the deal to be complete, once its completed I will change the monies (if necessary) and then its up to you to update your rosters.

2. I would like to revamp the rules around monies. The new starting balance will be 2 mill and the big change will be you will no longer be allowed to go overdrawn (the only time you will be overdrawn is if a fine takes you overdrawn), that's when you bid and also when you put your card together (which is why I want to start with 2mill instead of 1mill). This is what will happen if you go over drawn:

2a. Bidding, if your winning bids come to more money then you have in the bank then all your bids for that round of bidding will be cancelled, (so to confirm you can bid more then you have, but you can't win more then you have, in other words its best to bid within your limits) and the fighter will go to the next highest bidder, (you wont lose fighters who you have previously bid for, just the ones who you bid for in that 1 email, whether it be the round of 14 bids or 5 bids, but you wont receive a fine.

2b. When you put your card together you must be able to pay all the fighters wages, I will check everyone's card before we pick winners and if you have over spent I will remove the lowest placed fight on the card, for every fight I have to remove you will be fined, also if you don't have a minimum of 5 fights then you will also be fined. For e.g., if I put on 6 fights and over spend by $200K, then 1 fight will be removed and I will be fined, if I am still over spent then another fight will be removed and I will be fined again, as that then drops me to 4 fights I will be fined a third time for not having 5 fights, I really want people to work on managing there finances as I feel going overdrawn and taking a fine is an easy way out, (I'm not digging at anyone as I think most of us went overdrawn at least once in the game including me) but I'm hoping this will stop that.

3. Once again I will be using the same threshold with the money I did in the last project, for e.g. rd1 = 1m, rd2 = 2m etc, but I want to make some changes to how we win our money. I want to keep the voting the same but I want to change the monies for the bonuses, this is how. On your card you have to nominate your own bonuses (no change there) your always guaranteed 1 bonus (FOTN) if you have no others then you will receive 25% of the threshold, if you nominate 2 bonuses then you will receive 50% of the threshold, if you are able to nominate all 3 then you will receive 100% of the threshold, so in Rd 1 the threshold is 1 mill, 25% is 250K, 50% is 500K, 100% is 1mill. Also, after we have all voted on our bonuses for every vote you receive you will earn 10% of the threshold, then the bonuses with the highest votes will receive 100% of the threshold (or a split if there is a draw) on top of the 10% they earn for each individual vote.

4. Another big change I would like to make is I would like to change the way we pick fight winners. This game is suppose to be fun, but doing the template is to long winded and (basically not fun lol) even worse for me going through and doing the results. From now on everyone will post there cards as normal, I will then copy and paste all the cards that were posted in the order they were posted into my own word document, we will then action one card at a time (not all of them together) in the order they were posted, before I post the first card I will make sure they are within your budget, I will then post 1 card, everyone will post there results for that 1 card except for the creator of the card ( you will not be voting on your own card) also the way we post results will be slightly different, we will use the same format as The Ultimate Tournaments, so for e.g. Damian Maia v Ed Herman - Main rd2 sub triangle choke (it will make voting for the bonuses more fun, and make the game more in-depth). Once everyone has picked for that card I will then update the fight card results and PM them to the card creator (not on the forum), he will then nominate is 1, 2 or 3 bonuses and send them back to me, also if there is any draws on the votes, either on the winner of a fight, or the rd, or method or technique the card creator will have the final say on that particular section. Once that's done we will then do the next card, as its one card at a time I don't think it will be so overwhelming to make your picks and for me to update the results, we will continue this process and once I have all the fight card results and bonuses I will post all the completed card with results on 1 post and then all the bonus nominations on another post. We will then vote for the bonuses, and once you have done that you can rank the cards, you can send them both at the same time if you want rather then waiting, I will then post the results on the bonus votes and the monies and then the same with the rankings vote.

After that is done I will do a financial sheet (like I already do) and then an updated balance so we can see how much money we all have or don't have lol.

5. The final thing I would like to introduce is after Rds 2 to 5 I would like to do a Champions Grand Prix, (there is no champs after rd1 which is why I didn't include it) we will do every weight starting from BW up to HW, each Tourney will be seeded and we will use the rankings that we use for the game, if you don't have a champion in a weight class then you can't enter that GP. We will vote for the fights the same way, but you wont be able to vote on a fight which includes your fighter (similar to the Ultimate Tournaments side game). There will be no wages paid to the fighters (all about Pride lol) and the winner of each Grand Prix will win 100% of the threshold to be added to your bankroll, for e.g. rd2 wins 2mill, rd5 wins 5mill.

That is my new idea, I would like to keep the way we select the fighters to be included the same and the way we work out there wages to be the same. I feel the top 100 from each weight class is enough and it gives us an easy way to work out the wages, eventually we can include Flyweight but not yet.

Budgellism
1/13/12 12:52:09PM
I've gotta spread the love but this is pure awesome.
Rabi
1/13/12 12:52:39PM
Thanks Budge
emfleek
1/13/12 1:02:07PM

Posted by Budgellism

I've gotta spread the love but this is pure awesome.

100% AGREED.
Rabi
1/13/12 1:25:53PM
Thanks Fleek! I do think these changes will really improve the game!
Poor_Franklin
1/13/12 2:46:50PM
my only change was not voting on our own cards.....but you already covered that.
prophecy033
1/13/12 3:45:45PM
I appreciate all the time you put into these side game to fine tune them for our enjoyment. Bravo
Rabi
1/13/12 3:55:04PM
Thanks Prophecy, I enjoy them as well, but its nice to know other people are also enjoying them!
trevail
1/13/12 7:42:11PM
Is this something I could get in on or is it only for returning players?
Rabi
1/14/12 4:05:54AM
Me and trevail have discussed via email and trevail has decided not to join in!
jjeans
1/14/12 10:18:08AM
I hope before I add my new suggestion Ray does not assume I do not like all the suggestions as I love them all and I am amazed to see this game getting better and better each season.

Ray, your the man!

However I have 1 suggestion, at the start of each project I feel certain players get unlucky and I'd like to add saviour picks
Before the bidding takes place everybody quickly scans the top 100-250 HW-BW rankings (I'll definitely post up the good names if you don't have time)
But what we do before each round is (in a snake draft format) select 2 fighters in any weight category different or the same and these fighters stay with your roster (are tradable) and also are free in terms of pay

This means that it adds fighters such as
Terry Etim
Pedro Rizzo
Oli Thompson
Dustin Hazelett
James Thompson
Joe Ellenberger & many other fighting fighters relatives
Titties

Not only does it mean you have named fighters on your roster but also means if money gets tough, they'll fight for free
Rabi
1/14/12 10:41:10AM
We will of course put this idea to the vote!

I've told Jay I'm not keen on the idea, my reasons are:

I feel the top 100 in each weight class is enough and as we do new Projects if these fighters crack the top 100 then they can be included! I also don't like the idea of fighters fighting not for a wage as I think it goes against what the games about, trying to manage your finances an putting on the best cards you can afford!

I also like the idea of just doing the bidding as its novel to any other game that's ran on this site and that also involves tactics!

But we will go with the majority!

So after 2 votes its one and one!

Jay is for and I am for against!
Budgellism
1/14/12 1:07:43PM
Sorry Jay, I'm gonna have to agree with Rabi. The 100 fighters should be enough and the free fighters could get confusing. It's also another thing on top of all these things Rabi has to deal with while he's running this.
jjeans
1/14/12 1:14:21PM

Posted by Budgellism

Sorry Jay, I'm gonna have to agree with Rabi. The 100 fighters should be enough and the free fighters could get confusing. It's also another thing on top of all these things Rabi has to deal with while he's running this.

It's cool man! I understand, don't feel bad for me haha! I'm just happy the projects still going!
Rabi
1/14/12 1:16:12PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Budgellism

It's cool man! I understand, don't feel bad for me haha! I'm just happy the projects still going!

Not only is it still going but its getting bigger and better, and its all from your idea you had in the camp forum. (Though I did make some minor changes )
jjeans
1/14/12 1:24:19PM

Posted by Rabi

I also like the idea of just doing the bidding as its novel to any other game that's ran on this site and that also involves tactics!

P.S I'm not saying we remove the bidding process as I love that Idea too! I just think it'd be fun to add the extra fighters and give any guys who draft badly at least 2 well known names

Other names include the likes of:
Travis Fulton
James Irvin
James McSweeny
Jason Guida...
Falcoa
Minowa-man
Kalib Starnes...
Jared Hess
Papy Abedi
Pete Spratt
War Machine
etc!
Rabi
1/14/12 1:26:07PM
We will defo go with majority, there is 9 to vote which is a good number, its 2 to 1 against at the moment.
jjeans
1/14/12 1:31:10PM

Posted by Rabi

We will defo go with majority, there is 9 to vote which is a good number, its 2 to 1 against at the moment.

I won't get all whiney if I lose so don't worry... I will get cranky though if James Head falls out the rankings before the next one starts!!!!
airkerma
1/14/12 1:35:41PM
I like some of those names, but I don't like having more total fighters. Is there a more updated list of fighters that includes them but excludes some of the lesser known guys? Like Materia for example, I have never ever heard of that guy but I am familiar with Irvin and Abedi. Am I making sense or does nobody get what I mean?
jjeans
1/14/12 1:38:25PM

Posted by airkerma

I like some of those names, but I don't like having more total fighters. Is there a more updated list of fighters that includes them but excludes some of the lesser known guys? Like Materia for example, I have never ever heard of that guy but I am familiar with Irvin and Abedi. Am I making sense or does nobody get what I mean?

If it was my choice I'd do the top 100 myself haha! But seriously if someone has the time to let me select the top 100 and then say hang on (looking at you Fleek/P_S as you know MMA a lot better than me) you forgot so and so then that'd be cool.
Rabi
1/14/12 1:39:04PM
I know what you mean, I just use the latest rankings off the Fight matrix, when we set up the new game Ill take the latest rankings.
Rabi
1/14/12 1:40:22PM
Its easier using the rankings. If someone has another site that ranks the top 100 in all 7 weight classes im open to using a different site.
Budgellism
1/14/12 1:54:48PM
I wish there was another one. I don't know of any though. Fight Matrix is great because they have so many fighters listed but the way they rank them is a little ridiculous.

For example, Bibiano Fernandes being ranked the number 2 BW in the world right now and Kawajiri being the number 2 featherweight... Neither of those makes any amount of sense.
jjeans
1/14/12 1:54:54PM
HAHAHAHA I was about to say FIGHT magazine has one with more well known fighters, my first turn off was Ken Shamrock was 100th, in the LHW division, then David Lee, my old MMA instructor was ranked above Leornard Garcia in the FW rankings.... David Lee's appalling lol

EDIT: And Jens Pulvers above Dennis Bermudez hahaha
EDIT EDIT: And Sylvias above Cro Cop! And to top it all off James Te Huna is above Tito Ortiz, just for you airkerma
prophecy033
1/14/12 3:32:51PM
The thing that I wanna see is more cards with the Big Boys. We don't get tinder those guys till the closing stages of the project.
Budgellism
1/14/12 3:42:23PM

Posted by prophecy033

The thing that I wanna see is more cards with the Big Boys. We don't get tinder those guys till the closing stages of the project.

This is true. I honestly wouldn't mind adding another 5 events to the last stage of the Draft Project. That's where you truly determine the winner of this thing. The rest is gravy. It gives us more time to make some interesting match ups.
emfleek
1/14/12 4:09:32PM
I wouldn't be opposed to us adopting our OWN "Top 100" in each class.

And I actually like Jay's idea. I vote yes.
Rabi
1/14/12 4:11:22PM
If we have more fight cards at the end I think we will be duplicating fights, we have quite a small pool of fighters if we were to put on more cards, especially as there is 9 of us in the draft.
Budgellism
1/14/12 4:14:50PM

Posted by Rabi

If we have more fight cards at the end I think we will be duplicating fights, we have quite a small pool of fighters if we were to put on more cards, especially as there is 9 of us in the draft.

That's a good point.
Rabi
1/14/12 4:16:54PM
Im happy with us doing are own 100, if thats what people would like.

But Im still not keen on drafting free fighters.

P_S pm'd his vote to me, at the moment its 3 to 2 against the free draft.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4