New Don Frye interview

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » New Don Frye interview
gfp2
10/25/08 9:08:30AM
I'd like to see Don get one last run in the UFC but I don't think it's going to happen.
www.aroundtheoctagon.com
warglory
10/25/08 10:58:44AM
It isn't Don's age, it's how he treats his body. He was incredibly effective early on in his career because he was young, but once he hit between 35-40, he really needed to clean up his act and hone his body, but he failed to do just that with his drinking habits. He kind of reminds me of a better, leaner David Abbott with a better attitude.
Manfred
10/25/08 11:48:30AM

Posted by warglory

It isn't Don's age, it's how he treats his body. He was incredibly effective early on in his career because he was young, but once he hit between 35-40, he really needed to clean up his act and hone his body, but he failed to do just that with his drinking habits. He kind of reminds me of a better, leaner David Abbott with a better attitude.

Not to mention skill. He was one of the first MIXED Martial Artists. Judo and wrestling background plus some amateur boxing.

But I agree with the not taking care of himself thing.
keith-hackney1
10/25/08 12:08:53PM
warglory
10/25/08 6:32:35PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by warglory

Not to mention skill. He was one of the first MIXED Martial Artists. Judo and wrestling background plus some amateur boxing.

But I agree with the not taking care of himself thing.

Quite true.