new Diego interview

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » new Diego interview
cowcatcher
2/9/08 10:33:04PM
After going undefeated in the octagon for seventeen fights, Diego Sanchez has lost his past two; dropping decisions to Josh Koscheck and Jon Fitch. Diego looks to get back on track against David Bielkheden at UFC 82 and recently sat down with Jesse Holland of MMAMania to discuss a variety of issues. Below are some of the highlights from their conversation.

link

pretty good interview, he talks about why he left jackson and GSP

heres a link to the whole interview
link
MALICE
2/9/08 10:44:46PM
First of all, Diego and Ali, That lucky son of a ..... Anyways, I like Diego. He has always had a good attitude. His record is still very impressive. And losses to Koscheck and Fitch is nothing to be ashamed about.

I hope he gets the rematch with Koscheck.
Manfred
2/9/08 11:01:30PM
WTF? He's training with Rickson?? Didn't he once claim to have trained with Fedor too?
cowcatcher
2/9/08 11:02:24PM
diegos a space cadet man, everything he says is a little off.
tuvok500
2/9/08 11:25:53PM
GSP would completely destroy Diego, no matter how big his heart is, he is not in the same league !!

Gannon
2/10/08 12:03:29AM
Personally Diego rubs me the wrong way. Don't really care for him. But to be honest Diego is an incredibly hard worker and a pretty damn good fighter. I don't see Diego beating the top guys at 170 because of lack of skill or fight ability. I see him failing because of his size. I think Deigo will eventually bite the bullet and do very well at 155.
loller90278
2/10/08 12:20:02AM
how sad that this will be his 3rd loss in a row in the UFC.
Gannon
2/10/08 12:54:37AM
Um.....i would doubt that
cowcatcher
2/10/08 3:05:36AM

Posted by Gannon

Personally Diego rubs me the wrong way. Don't really care for him. But to be honest Diego is an incredibly hard worker and a pretty damn good fighter. I don't see Diego beating the top guys at 170 because of lack of skill or fight ability. I see him failing because of his size. I think Deigo will eventually bite the bullet and do very well at 155.

very good point man, he said hes not a weight cutter and that will hurt him in the long run.
MMAcca
2/10/08 3:33:59AM
Doubt it man. Diego's in a different class to this guy
Porch28
2/10/08 1:34:24PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I was sick thats why I loss to Koscheck. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!. I was in a transition in my life thats why I lost to Fitch. What a baby I cant stand Sanchez. I hope the next guy knocks his head off. You got beat by 2 better guys. I hate it when fighters give such lame ass reasons why they lost. Man up and just say I got beat that's what a TRUE Champion does!
silverbullet
2/10/08 4:02:23PM
I find the little Diego-GSP beef extremely hilarious. I think he has a bright future at 170 but he would be a beast at 155.

His fight against Fitch was a razor sharp decision and could have gone either way. Can't wait to see his next fight.
Porch28
2/10/08 8:05:09PM

Posted by silverbullet

I find the little Diego-GSP beef extremely hilarious. I think he has a bright future at 170 but he would be a beast at 155.

His fight against Fitch was a razor sharp decision and could have gone either way. Can't wait to see his next fight.

Rush
2/10/08 11:10:03PM
I don't think Diego will ever be a force in the WW division (i.e. top 5).

I still don't get this Hep C excuse. If a fighter is diagnosed with Hep C, they wouldn't let him fight. It doesn't make sense.
silverbullet
2/11/08 12:29:26PM

Posted by Rush

I don't think Diego will ever be a force in the WW division (i.e. top 5).

I still don't get this Hep C excuse. If a fighter is diagnosed with Hep C, they wouldn't let him fight. It doesn't make sense.

Diego's already top 5

Fitch beat Diego by LNP and almost got subbed with that triangle.
Rush
2/11/08 1:01:56PM

Posted by silverbullet

Diego's already top 5

Not by the rankings on this site and not by my rankings. How can you be top 5 when

1) you haven't won a title.

2) There are three other title holders that have or have very recently had a title.

3) Of those three (ex)holders, Diego has not fought any of them

4) He has lost to two fighters considered to be the next best after the three mentioned above (Koscheck and Fitch). He beat Karo, but IMO, the only reason Karo is ahead of Fitch an Koscheck in my rankings is because Fitch and Koscheck need to fight higher ranked guys. Other than that, I don't feel comfortable putting Karo in my top 5. Ah, actually, I know how to fix it....

jrmmaclassics
2/11/08 4:07:17PM
Think diego is going about this the wrong way, you only learn to be better training with the best. He he truly thought he could beat GSP he should have stayed with his camp and learned GSP strengths and weaknesses to exploit them. This seems like the old new girl in school feud he is starting. He need to also except the fact that excuses are like assholes and everyone has one, he would just realize he lost to better fighters on that day and learn like the champs that you must except not ignore defeat to become a better fighter. He is personally discrediting his good guy reputation with statements like these.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
NatedawgThaM
2/11/08 5:04:01PM
IMO Diego and Fitch would both beat GSP. GSP thinks he's the greatest, He's already counting out everybody at 170 and talking about 185 and even 205. I hope Serra takes his head off.

Fitch and Diego will both learn of Kos's mistake. W(Why)TF would you not train wrestling just to train all stand up? Fitch and Diego would both be aggressive and tire GSP out, at least Diego, and stop him in the later rounds.

GSP is overrated, Diego only loss to Kos because of Staph. He put up a good fight against Fitch but underestimated him, so he loss. He still a huge threat and is still top 5 IMO. He beat everybody but Kos and Fitch who are 2 and 3 in my rankings. Diego is number 4 with Karo at 5.

WAR DEIGO!!! HE'S GOING TO MAKE HIS WAY BACK TO THE TOP AND DESTROY EVERYBODY IN HIS PATH!!!
Porch28
2/11/08 8:41:30PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

IMO Diego and Fitch would both beat GSP. GSP thinks he's the greatest, He's already counting out everybody at 170 and talking about 185 and even 205. I hope Serra takes his head off.

Fitch and Diego will both learn of Kos's mistake. W(Why)TF would you not train wrestling just to train all stand up? Fitch and Diego would both be aggressive and tire GSP out, at least Diego, and stop him in the later rounds.

GSP is overrated, Diego only loss to Kos because of Staph. He put up a good fight against Fitch but underestimated him, so he loss. He still a huge threat and is still top 5 IMO. He beat everybody but Kos and Fitch who are 2 and 3 in my rankings. Diego is number 4 with Karo at 5.

WAR DEIGO!!! HE'S GOING TO MAKE HIS WAY BACK TO THE TOP AND DESTROY EVERYBODY IN HIS PATH!!!

NatedawgThaM
2/11/08 11:02:06PM
Your cool
Porch28
2/15/08 8:23:11AM
It's all in fun man