NEW Cro Cop article.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » NEW Cro Cop article.
cmill21
2/14/08 6:24:09PM
Link

Any crap like whats been going on in the other threads and I won't be posting anymore news.
giroux21
2/14/08 7:08:25PM
english maybe
postman
2/14/08 7:45:39PM
Wow giroux21 getting stiff with Cmill on his very first post!
cmill21
2/14/08 7:48:51PM

Posted by postman

Wow giroux21 getting stiff with Cmill on his very first post!

Lol he sure did! I will post the translation.

Victories lead to Fedor

Mirko's return to Japan was spectacularly announced in Tokyo yesterday. A press conference was held in Edmont hotel where a new MMA organisation was presented - Dreams. Mirko was the surprise guest. The organizers were announcing the appearance of a big name, but handn't mentioned Mirko's name. But, as the song Wild Boys started to play, excitement begun which culminated as Mirko entered the room. His manager, Ken Imai, told us about it over the phone:
"Press conferences in Japan are often held with fans present. For all of them, the appearance of Mirko was an emotional moment."

Mirko's trip to Japan was undercover due to business reasons. Imai says: "Just 3 hours before the press conference I received a letter from UFC's president Dana White in which he confirmed that the UFC is ready to terminate Mirko's contract, but under one condition - that he comes back when he's ready."

And Mirko himself says he wants to come back.
"I'll continue to train in the cage, the one I have in my gym, because I'll return to the UFC. I left because I couldn't wait any longer. I asked for a fight earlier, as early as March 1st, but I was offered May, or even later. I asked for a rematch with Gonzaga in Zagreb, but he lost to Werdum so that fell through. And I'm in shape, I gained muscle mass, I'm 105 kg (231 lbs) and I want to fight."

In order for that to happen, Mirko mustn't lose for the duration of his new contract.
"Mirko is not allowed to lose. After 3 victories, all options will be opened."

One of the wishes will most likely be a rematch with Fedor, but that has to be earned, beginning from March 15th. Mirko realizes that some people will come out who see it all just as his escape from the octagon.
"Last 2 years I've been in some kind of mental blockade. I was empty before fights, depressed, I hated myself."
If he fights in the UFC again, Mirko would like it to happen England.
"I'm sorry to have disappointed my English fans who welcomed me like a king. That's why I want to come out in front of them again. I can't turn back time, but my time will come again."

After the last year's acquisition of Pride, the Americans rule the world of MMA. They never had Fedor, but they got the legendary Brasilian Minotaur. Fedor remains with M-1, but without an exclusive contract, which means he can fight in other organisations. Besides, M-1 and Dreams will cohost events. In that light, a rematch between Mirko and Fedor is a possibility, but not as one of Mirko's first 3 fights. Besides Mirko, the stars in Dreams should be Serghei Kharitonov (who holds victories over Schilt and Werdum), Murk Hunt and also some of the current K-1 fighters like Jerome LeBanner and Ray Sefo. Dreams was founded as the successor of Pride, with the association of K-1. Events will be organized by ex-Prides producers, referees, and aired by the national TV station TBS.
NatedawgThaM
2/14/08 7:55:53PM
Cro Cop-Fedor II? SWEET!!!

Imagine if Cro Cop would actually catch Fedor and stop him? 2 seconds later Cro Cops cell phone in his locker room be ringing with 20 unanswered messages from Dana White.

I sure hope he does take heads off in K-1 and beats Fedor(long shot but another great fight), beats Barnett again, beats Pedro, and possible triology with the monster if he proves he's back and better then ever at XC?

I'm pretty excited, he sounds excited and determined and I pitty da fool who has to go up against him next.
Bemin
2/14/08 7:57:20PM
Nice find Cmill. Hopefully things do indeed go well for Mirko back in Japan. Great to hear he also wants to come back to the UFC (We heard from Dana yesterday that the UFC also wants him back when he gets back on track.) eventually.

Hope he gets some wins under his belt and fights Fedor, Fedor/Cro Cop II would be great for both fighters.
postman
2/14/08 8:19:54PM
You would think the loss to Werdum would put him and Gonzaga in a perfect spot to fight both are coming off 2 loses.
jiujitsufreak74
2/14/08 8:47:15PM

Posted by postman

You would think the loss to Werdum would put him and Gonzaga in a perfect spot to fight both are coming off 2 loses.

exactly, the UFC doesn't (didn't) want to lose the moniker if either fighter and a loss to for either one of them would mean disaster. it just would have been lose/lose for the UFC so it didn't happen

anyway i hope CC will gain his confidence and form back at dreams and i think his leaving really huts the UFC. to be honest though i don't think he deserved the money he was making so i am not mad at the UFC either for him leaving, but rather just disappointed in general at this whole mishap. the UFC HW division needs some fine tuning...get roger gracie, big foot or some of the old fighters back otherwise we are in some deep trouble.
Pookie
2/14/08 8:48:22PM
MARK HUNT!

DID I SEE MARK HUNT IN THERE???????

Life is great.
iwannabesedated
2/14/08 9:20:52PM
Good for CC let him get him his head straight and when hes ready to come back to the UFC we can finally get that LHK we've all been dying for..Nice Find man.
The_Grim_Reaper
2/14/08 9:45:45PM

Posted by Pookie

MARK HUNT!

Life is great.

yes YESS!!! i think us 2 are the only people to realize it said MARK HUNT!!! this means he is not in professional wrestling???!!!!! hopefully he is back and better then ever he was always improing drastically within everyone one of his mma fights..!!
cmill21
2/14/08 9:55:59PM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

Posted by Pookie

MARK HUNT!

Life is great.

yes YESS!!! i think us 2 are the only people to realize it said MARK HUNT!!! this means he is not in professional wrestling???!!!!! hopefully he is back and better then ever he was always improing drastically within everyone one of his mma fights..!!

Remember Takada is the one who runs Hustle, he's also got heavy ties to Dream. So thus far theres Hunt, Cro Cop, Kharitonov, Aleks, Fedor, Zentsov, and a few other names I've heard rumored lol. Decent fights that could be put together there.
Pookie
2/14/08 10:07:55PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

Posted by Pookie

MARK HUNT!

Life is great.

Remember Takada is the one who runs Hustle, he's also got heavy ties to Dream. So thus far theres Hunt, Cro Cop, Kharitonov, Aleks, Fedor, Zentsov, and a few other names I've heard rumored lol. Decent fights that could be put together there.

If by Decent you mean, "Practically orgasmic" then i agree.
cowcatcher
2/15/08 9:35:00AM
im really glad to see that people are still supporting CC(besides cmill, i knew hed stick) after hearing so many poo pooers. the guy seemed so much more comfortable in japan so hopefully he gets that back, and now hes had a taste of what the ufc is like so it wont be foreign to him if/when he returns so this all seems to work in his favor. im hoping for another big run by him like he had in the OWGP in 06 culminating in a fight with fedor and a ufc return.
SmileR
2/15/08 10:35:10AM
Great find Cmill!
I love the part about Cro Cop coming back!
I know he could tear through the HW devision(Maybe not Arlovski but everyone else)

I can't wait until he gets his mindset back an returns to the awesome fighter he is!

Keep posting news man! Don't let fools put you off!
Aaronno9
2/15/08 11:57:36AM
Good article. I was happy to read he wants to come back to the ufc once hes ready. I also thought it was pretty cool him saying he wants to come back to the u.k. Alot of people would rather he didnt fight here after he didnt do well in the past so for him to come out and say thats where he wants to fight shows alot of character.
taporsnap25
2/15/08 11:59:00AM
i am drooling over some of those fights. hopefully arlovski will be thrown into the mix after the way ufc's been treating him. maybe a fedor vs randy. big timmay doesn't sound too happy, love to see him fight hong man choi or sammy schildt sometime. i know i'm rambling but ufc hw division could be as deep as a kiddie pool soon
StriderXero
2/15/08 4:43:43PM
I am happy this is happenning. I love Cro Cop, hope he gets back on track. I'm looking at the Dream roster and it is starting to look awesome as well. Not UFC roster but great considering they are barely starting. check it out

Shinya Aoki
Gesias Calvancanti
Andre Dida
Mitsuhiro Ishida
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Caol Uno
Joachim Hansen
Gilbert Melendez

Not to mention, Kid Yamamoto, Fedor, Sakuraba, Hunt........wow this is starting to look good.

former Dream Stage executives helping make this company great, this can be Pride's reincarnation. Not saying that it will be, but it could.

But as long as we all get good fights, it is all good