UFC 89: THE NEW CHRIS LEBEN, STILL THE UNDERDOG

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 89: THE NEW CHRIS LEBEN, STILL THE UNDERDOG
MMAcca
10/13/08 1:17:36PM
Chris "The Crippler" Leben travels to England to take on British fan-favorite Michael "The Count" Bisping at UFC 89 on Oct. 18 from the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham in a career defining fight that will leave the winner in title contention for the Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight crown.

"It's pretty cool. It's me and my coach. We're going over there. We're going into enemy territory. We're going to be the bad guy the whole time. It makes it intense. You know? It helps me focus," Leben told MMAWeekly.com. "I've said it before. The only thing cooler than making 20,000 people scream at once is making them all shut up. That's going to be a nice feeling when I knock Bisping out and that whole arena is dead, stone quiet."

Bisping and Leben were originally slated to headline UFC 85 in London on June 7. Due to a legal situation regarding a parole violation stemming from a past DUI charge, Leben ended up serving 11 days of a 35-day jail sentence, which forced the Ultimate Fighter season one contestant out of the bout.

LINK
PaleHorse
10/13/08 1:38:02PM

Posted by MMAcca

Chris "The Crippler" Leben travels to England to take on British fan-favorite Michael "The Count" Bisping at UFC 89 on Oct. 18 from the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham in a career defining fight that will leave the winner in title contention for the Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight crown.

"It's pretty cool. It's me and my coach. We're going over there. We're going into enemy territory. We're going to be the bad guy the whole time. It makes it intense. You know? It helps me focus," Leben told MMAWeekly.com. "I've said it before. The only thing cooler than making 20,000 people scream at once is making them all shut up. That's going to be a nice feeling when I knock Bisping out and that whole arena is dead, stone quiet."

Bisping and Leben were originally slated to headline UFC 85 in London on June 7. Due to a legal situation regarding a parole violation stemming from a past DUI charge, Leben ended up serving 11 days of a 35-day jail sentence, which forced the Ultimate Fighter season one contestant out of the bout.

LINK

At least its free on TV, I wouldn't spend money for a Chris Leben headliner.
bigbubbano23
10/13/08 3:30:51PM
he's still the underdog cause he hasn't done much latley. needs to smartin up
Ben_Hutch
10/13/08 3:41:09PM
I'm picking Bisping, anyone want an avatar bet?
WrestlersAssassin
10/13/08 4:13:56PM
yep
Ben_Hutch
10/13/08 4:16:10PM
Deal
StevenSeagal
10/13/08 5:00:37PM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

At least its free on TV, I wouldn't spend money for a Chris Leben headliner.

Cheers to that
xtra_chewy
10/13/08 5:27:05PM

Posted by WrestlersAssassin

yep

I hope you have a good one ready for that guy.
EliasG
10/13/08 5:35:02PM
I wouldn't pay for a leben headliner but he is a fun fighter to watch. He's all out no guts no glory fighitng. I would never fight like that but you got to admit it's entertaining. His losses are sometimes more fun to watch than some guys' wins.
Ben_Hutch
10/13/08 5:58:00PM

Posted by xtra_chewy

yep

"that guyy"?

Legend I'll have you know.
HumanTarget
10/13/08 10:57:09PM
Leben by jaw breaking knockout
jiujitsufreak74
10/14/08 12:06:50AM
Bisping was a Pro British champion kickboxer and has better technical striking then Kalib Starnes. Leben won't know what to do when he is getting picked apart just like Silva and Kalib were able to do him. Bisping is a smart fighter and he has the skills to put the fight where he needs it to be. i see Bisping picking Leben apart on the feet and making Chris look stupid en route to a 30-27 UD.
MMAcca
10/14/08 1:24:42AM

Posted by xtra_chewy

yep

Nobody will ever see it.

Im just looking forward to all of the new excuses from the many, many Bisping haters on here when Leben loses.......

''Bisping's wife was looking at Leben funny''

''Leben's dressing room was the wrong temperature''

''They didn't play his walk-in song loud enough''

Etc,etc,etc,etc..........
Red-Dragon
10/14/08 8:51:36AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by xtra_chewy

yep

Nobody will ever see it.

Im just looking forward to all of the new excuses from the many, many Bisping haters on here when Leben loses.......

''Bisping's wife was looking at Leben funny''

''Leben's dressing room was the wrong temperature''

''They didn't play his walk-in song loud enough''

Etc,etc,etc,etc..........

Bisping
Mungooch
10/14/08 9:28:27AM
Leben by KTFO
WrestlersAssassin
10/17/08 11:47:42PM
Seems like everyone from England is incapable of having a mind of their own like bisping is a sport team or something and will always hug on the guy "where their from".

Cmon, one brit say their picking Leben, oh and yeah Bisping...more technical...he wasnt even technical enough to beat Hamill. He needs to be humbled then I will respect him more, sort of like what happened to Diego Sanchez when he was undefeated.