I need new boots.(cleats)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I need new boots.(cleats)
gartface
11/9/08 3:54:42PM
What should I go with? I've had the same pair of Uhlsport cleats for the past 3 years, and they finally broke. I'm looking to spend no more than $60. These are the frontrunners.

Any soccer players please give me some input. I don't really know what to go with at the moment.
MMAcca
11/9/08 3:57:35PM
Adidas Copa Mundials
gartface
11/9/08 4:01:43PM

Posted by MMAcca

Adidas Copa Mundials

I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about the Copa series. The mundials are a about $20-30 out of my range. I've been wanting to try Pumas a lot lately, but I don't know what I should go with. Closest thing to Copas that I can afford are These
mikevolz
11/9/08 4:04:44PM
the best advice i ever got on cleats was what type of fields you're playing on.

if your playing on hard fields, go for softer cleats

for softer fields, go with harder studs.

I love the copa's. and the telstar's are pretty much the same thing. cleat placement and what not. i'd say for for them.

ive never used blades before so i don't know how they do, but i can tell you that i have not once had my copa's slip on me on a hard cut.

gartface
11/9/08 4:08:55PM

Posted by mikevolz

the best advice i ever got on cleats was what type of fields you're playing on.

if your playing on hard fields, go for softer cleats

for softer fields, go with harder studs.

I love the copa's. and the telstar's are pretty much the same thing. cleat placement and what not. i'd say for for them.

ive never used blades before so i don't know how they do, but i can tell you that i have not once had my copa's slip on me on a hard cut.

Well the Uhlsports I've been using for the past 3 years have blades. I've never been a huge fan of studs(mainly from wearing Total 90s). I can roll the ball better with blades rather than studs. I'm also a huge fan of off-center lacing.
Aaronno9
11/9/08 4:58:38PM

Posted by MMAcca

Adidas Copa Mundials

Best boots ive had.
MMAcca
11/10/08 1:44:38AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by MMAcca

Adidas Copa Mundials

I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about the Copa series. The mundials are a about $20-30 out of my range. I've been wanting to try Pumas a lot lately, but I don't know what I should go with. Closest thing to Copas that I can afford are These

Sorry about that gartface, they are quite reasonably priced over here, so i just figured that would transfer over in the US.
gartface
11/10/08 7:00:46PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by gartface

Posted by MMAcca

Adidas Copa Mundials

Sorry about that gartface, they are quite reasonably priced over here, so i just figured that would transfer over in the US.

Most cleats are reasonable, unless you get high end Preds, F50s, T90s, Puma 1.08, or any high end Lotto(talking $200+).

shiz-nitzel
11/10/08 7:24:59PM
listen to the brits. they invented the game.

dont just get some flashy boots that feel like shit. try them on and see which is comfortable.

I just used some random nike ones, and thats saying something because I am best in europe.
Ben_Hutch
11/10/08 7:33:12PM

Posted by shiz-nitzel

and thats saying something because I am best in europe.

Lol the funny thing is he actually is up there with the best players to come out of the UK, you're in the Liverpool academy now aren't you? Or are you with someone else now?
gartface
11/10/08 8:13:22PM

Posted by shiz-nitzel

listen to the brits. they invented the game.

dont just get some flashy boots that feel like shit. try them on and see which is comfortable.

I just used some random nike ones, and thats saying something because I am best in europe.

No stores around here to try cleats on. Have to order off of Eurosport, and hope for the best. Those Puma KATs look like they'd be solid cleats. Hell I paid $15 for my Uhlsports and they lasted me 3 years.
shiz-nitzel
11/11/08 5:46:20PM
I had some really nice lotto's once. they were niceeeeeeeeeeee

dont you have shops where you live?
whats a cleat?
shiz-nitzel
11/11/08 5:49:33PM
theese look like a solid pair of cleats Ye olde
MMAcca
11/11/08 10:10:29PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by gartface

Posted by MMAcca

Adidas Copa Mundials

Most cleats are reasonable, unless you get high end Preds, F50s, T90s, Puma 1.08, or any high end Lotto(talking $200+).