New Bas Rutten Interview at BoxingTalk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » New Bas Rutten Interview at BoxingTalk
ffforgottenx
2/21/07 12:18:48PM
link

not sure why a boxing website would interview bas, but a good read nonetheless.. he talks about the IFL, his broadcasting status, his opinions on top fighters, and advice for other fighters starting out..

enjoy
madmarck
2/21/07 12:33:30PM
Great thread. I tried to give you props but apparently i already did. Keep up the great Info
Zvonimir
2/21/07 2:44:26PM
excellent interview.

Some things I found interesting: He thinks Chuck is the most dominant 205er.
BJ Penn is the most well rounded fighter in his opinion. With the dating thing interfering with training, I couldn't help but to think he might have been talking about Kerr back in the smashing machine days.

Props to you threadstarter.
hippysmacker
2/22/07 12:16:19AM
Dude , I really wish Bas could fight Chuck. I think le kicks could be Chuck's downfall.
Svartorm
2/22/07 1:18:09AM
Awesome, thanks for that bro. I love Bas too. My favorite Bas moment is something I wish more people would do. When he was fighting TK, and his corner called out "90 second Bas", and he just uncorked on TK and destroyed him. When fighters know its the last minute or so, they should really go all out like that.
hippysmacker
2/22/07 2:02:08AM

Posted by Svartorm

Awesome, thanks for that bro. I love Bas too. My favorite Bas moment is something I wish more people would do. When he was fighting TK, and his corner called out "90 second Bas", and he just uncorked on TK and destroyed him. When fighters know its the last minute or so, they should really go all out like that.

He was losing that fight IMO before he unloaded too. So it was clutch to boot.
Manfred
2/22/07 10:07:40AM
This is my favorite non-fight Bas moment
loller90278
2/22/07 2:21:47PM
THIS blows the randleman-bas prank out of the water!
madmarck
2/22/07 3:32:37PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Dude , I really wish Bas could fight Chuck. I think le kicks could be Chuck's downfall.

No way man. Bas is way to injured. thats why he left the UFC to many health problems taht were fighting related. I cant see it as a problem for a one fight. But the months leading up to it would be riddled with injuries that have arisen to haunt Bas again.
aceprone
2/24/07 12:00:07PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

link

not sure why a boxing website would interview bas, but a good read nonetheless.. he talks about the IFL, his broadcasting status, his opinions on top fighters, and advice for other fighters starting out..

enjoy

how could not interview boss? LEGEND STATUS MY FRIEND!
KennzoR
3/3/07 3:54:21AM
It disappoints me to read he never intends to commentate for Pride ever again. He was truly the voice of Pride, whether it was w/ Quadros or Ranello. I suppose I could look forward to the idea of Bas in the UFC in a commentating role.
SteedTheDeed
3/5/07 4:10:03PM
i love when he says "stay away from women"