New Barnett Interview: Talks Pride/Randy and Pancrase

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » New Barnett Interview: Talks Pride/Randy and Pancrase
nwowolfpack
10/3/07 12:34:51AM
New today!!!!

PDG: If it was possible, would like to step in the cage with Randy before he retires again?
Josh: Of course but it is never going to happen. I would love too. I have a lot of respect for him and he is the champion. It would be a big fight and I am all about giving the fans the fights they will appreciate.

full interview: PUNCHDRUNKGAMER

Enjoy!!!
nWo
10/9/07 3:01:08AM

Posted by nwowolfpack

New today!!!!

PDG: If it was possible, would like to step in the cage with Randy before he retires again?
Josh: Of course but it is never going to happen. I would love too. I have a lot of respect for him and he is the champion. It would be a big fight and I am all about giving the fans the fights they will appreciate.

full interview: PUNCHDRUNKGAMER

Enjoy!!!

thanks
nubby
10/9/07 10:19:51AM
Not to knock barnett but dana's not the only one trying to pass lies as truth. He claimed that Anderson Silva had almost all his fights in pride... uh no he didn't. He mentioned beating randy but forgot to mention his problem with the roids.

On top of that he seems to be disconnected with reality. He thinks that Babalu was cut because Dana didn't want to pay him 25k a fight anymore... jesus christ the fights pull in millions of dollars and babalu is pretty damn popular it doesnt make sense that the reasons would be fiscal.
TNunley
10/9/07 12:49:36PM

Posted by nubby

Not to knock barnett but dana's not the only one trying to pass lies as truth. He claimed that Anderson Silva had almost all his fights in pride... uh no he didn't. He mentioned beating randy but forgot to mention his problem with the roids.

On top of that he seems to be disconnected with reality. He thinks that Babalu was cut because Dana didn't want to pay him 25k a fight anymore... jesus christ the fights pull in millions of dollars and babalu is pretty damn popular it doesnt make sense that the reasons would be fiscal.

I agree man, the guy is definitely one odd cat. I only say that because I don't want to fighter bash. I watched this guy on MMA Insider, and he just disgusts me. He seems to me to know little about what he's talking about, and thinks he should be ranked #1... what fighter doesn't right? But unless you are capable of proving it, why say that b/s on tv? You didn't see Hendo acting that way... Hendo gained a lot of respect from me, just because of how reserved he was about blowing his own horn.
fullerene
10/9/07 1:10:48PM
Barnett is a professional wrestler who happens to know how to fight for real. His whole approach to the game is to promote himself to get a fight, promote himself by hyping the fight, fight, and then promote himself after the fight...he was supposedly the guy who told Babalu to wave and throw his shirt into the crowd when they were booing after his last match--> if that's not straight out of Vince McMahon's playbook I don't know what is.

But he'll have a good future in the sport even when he's done fighting. He would make a great promoter or commentator IMO. In the meantime, he falls under the category of guys who have the talent to be top-tier fighters but aren't fighting the fights they need to prove it. I'd still be interested in seeing him matchup with Fedor or Randy again, but that interest is only going to be there for about another 6 months to a year.