A New Affliction, Fedor Muses On Arlovski

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » A New Affliction, Fedor Muses On Arlovski
MMAcca
11/23/08 3:54:58AM
It seems Fedor Emelianenko can’t be dragged away from combat sports. Even in his spare time the heavyweight has long practiced the Russian martial art Sambo as his hobby away from the profession of MMA.

“I really do (it) for pleasure, just because I have a desire to do it,” Emelianenko told MMAWeekly.com.

Of course, hobbies can often have their setbacks, and around the same time friend and dream opponent Randy Couture was mixing it up with Brock Lesnar at UFC 91, Emelianenko suffered his first setback in eight years, losing a decision to Blagoi Ivanov in the semifinals of the 2008 World Combat Sambo Championships.

LINK
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/23/08 7:28:35AM
AA will win by KO in the 1st!!!
haggiswashere
11/23/08 7:53:08AM

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

Im sorry but if Fedor is EVER going to be knocked out it won't be by AA
warglory
11/23/08 9:19:48AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Can you name any other top heavyweight in the division who has the power and technique of Arlovski? I can't. Andrei has a very good chance of knocking Fedor's block off if the fight stays standing where Andrei has a clear advantage.
Jackelope
11/23/08 9:54:55AM
I'd be surprised if Andrei has a "clear advantage" standing. Although I will give it to you that if Andrei has a chance anywhere it is on the feet.

I think if the likes of Mark Hunt, Mirko Cro Cop, Semmy Schilt, Tim Sylvia, or HMC couldn't KO Fedor on the feet ... well.... I don't see Andrei doing it, either. Then again, who knows. Andrei has decent TD defense so you never know.
Bloodhound
11/23/08 12:42:05PM
cant wait, im hopin AA knocks him out
The-Don
11/23/08 1:49:12PM
I like AA I just do not see him winning this fight in anyway shape or form.. Thats not to say he does not have a chance.. heck even I have a chance against Fedor.. but I just do not see where AA has a huge advantage that he can exploit to win the fight. I wish him luck.. It would be interesting to see happen.. I just don't think it is going to.
SpiderSilva
11/23/08 2:05:52PM
no you don't

and I would say Fedor has a better chance of KOing AA with his glass jaw than AA does Fedor

but who knows ? ? ?

WAR FEDOR
haggiswashere
11/23/08 2:49:49PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by haggiswashere

Can you name any other top heavyweight in the division who has the power and technique of Arlovski? I can't. Andrei has a very good chance of knocking Fedor's block off if the fight stays standing where Andrei has a clear advantage.

No i can't name one. But AA won't be able to ko him. If sylvia, cro cop, and hon man choi couldn't ko him i doubt aa could
xAcidburNx
11/23/08 5:36:53PM
None the less i am SO STOKED to watch this fight. then barnett is next. then aa barnett. oooooo i love afflictions hw devision
Pookie
11/23/08 10:38:05PM

Posted by warglory

Can you name any other top heavyweight in the division who has the power and technique of Arlovski?

Aleksander Emelianenko
cmill21
11/23/08 10:45:28PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by warglory

Can you name any other top heavyweight in the division who has the power and technique of Arlovski?

Aleksander Emelianenko

Thats acctually the best training partner IMO for preparing for Arlovski. Except Aleks is more the likely better in all areas(although he lacks AA's work ethic)
Kracker_Jap
11/23/08 11:21:35PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

Posted by warglory

Aleksander Emelianenko

Thats acctually the best training partner IMO for preparing for Arlovski. Except Aleks is more the likely better in all areas(although he lacks AA's work ethic)

More bias than Rachel Maddow
xAcidburNx
11/24/08 8:39:12AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

Posted by warglory

Aleksander Emelianenko

whos rachel maddow
Shawn17
11/24/08 10:30:07AM
Fedor by whatever he wants. the speed and power of fedor's hands are something AA has never seen. it doesnt matter how good u are at boxing if he hits like he hit Big Tim you are going to fall down. Not to mention if the fight goes to the ground Fedor has a huge advantage.
cmill21
11/24/08 10:04:23PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Just curious but why? Aleks is like a bigger version of AA. Sure I mean AA has beaten two world champs from the IFL but i'm sorry to say it doesn't tell us alot. You can hit Ben Rothwell...he's the same fighter as Fedor, you can get taken down and put in side mount by Nelson, thats a good sign, but you did KO them so that means your hands are as good as any man's on earth. If he fought a guy with good head movement and good boxing and did that I would be more inclined to say well now AA has the best hands in the world like everyone on here seems to believe.
The-Don
12/12/08 11:00:27PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

no you don't

and I would say Fedor has a better chance of KOing AA with his glass jaw than AA does Fedor

but who knows ? ? ?

WAR FEDOR

Now why would you say that.. You don't know anything about me.. Granted I would not even bet on my self if I was fighting Fedor, I am bigger then him by about 2 inches, I got about 40 pounds on him. I'm pretty quick and I got decent stand up and can hit pretty hard. I got a good ground game no where near Fedors.. So if I could connect a LUCKY punch emphasis on lucky. yea even I could beat Fedor.. More then likely I'd not even land a glove on him but stranger things have happened in MMA.

As for your view on the Fedor AA fight